User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Quote Originally Posted by King-Of-Despair View Post
    This is because wings don't exist. Like you said, 6 and 7 conflict, 1 and 2 makes no sense, 3 and 4 makes no sense, 9 and 8 is contradicting. It's just nonsense imo, and there's plenty of people out there that agree. Even the basic theory of the enneagram escapes proof, so how can anyone trust unexplainable connections between types?
    Not sure, as strange as it sounds, I can sound very one like... even when my scores for 1 and 8 is low.

brainheart

Quote Originally Posted by Burning Rave View Post
    Not sure, as strange as it sounds, I can sound very one like... even when my scores for 1 and 8 is low.
    Same here. Do you think it's cause you're an sx/so?

Quote Originally Posted by brainheart View Post
    Same here. Do you think it's cause you're an sx/so?
    Could be, since both SX types are intense.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Burning Rave View Post
    9 and 1 are quite similar types. And 9s will often find that they relate to all types... including 8 at times, particular if they know how to handle their habits. The only two types of nines I can think of are the 9s that have withdrawn from the world in order to fully realize who they are and live in their heads in peace and the 9s that rely on other people, merge with them (maybe cling a little), idolize them and try to be what everyone wants them to be. Sort of like, internal peace vs external peace. They are not exclusively separate types, I'd just consider them different manifestations of the nines core traits.

Plus, I don't see the point in classifying types further than the core type if the traits could change overnight. Variants seem to be a completely separate system to the enneagram, seems to complement it well. Unlike maybe tritypes, which is just spouting out types that your type relates too and giving it order using the triads. (like I'd bet most nines would have 9, 4/2 and 5, most threes will be 3, 7 and 8) It's completely pointless, it's just a grouping of types that are similar. I feel a bit critical saying this tbh, if you want to use tritypes, go for it, it is kind of neat.
    5 3 9

Quote Originally Posted by King-Of-Despair View Post
    9 and 1 are quite similar types. And 9s will often find that they relate to all types... including 8 at times, particular if they know how to handle their habits. The only two types of nines I can think of are the 9s that have withdrawn from the world in order to fully realize who they are and live in their heads in peace and the 9s that rely on other people, merge with them (maybe cling a little), idolize them and try to be what everyone wants them to be. Sort of like, internal peace vs external peace. They are not exclusively separate types, I'd just consider them different manifestations of the nines core traits.

Plus, I don't see the point in classifying types further than the core type if the traits could change overnight. Variants seem to be a completely separate system to the enneagram, seems to complement it well. Unlike maybe tritypes, which is just spouting out types that your type relates too and giving it order using the triads. (like I'd bet most nines would have 9, 4/2 and 5, most threes will be 3, 7 and 8) It's completely pointless, it's just a grouping of types that are similar. I feel a bit critical saying this tbh, if you want to use tritypes, go for it, it is kind of neat.
    First and foremost a 9w1.

The tritype is just for "fun" I suppose.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Question: Can 9w1's be seen generally as "prudes"? My mother has tried smoking once and drinking once in her whole life. She makes the biggest deal over people having premarital sex. She has never tried anything but missionary position, and she makes the biggest deal over oral sex too. She is honestly the biggest prude I have ever seen. Is this common? She is like a moral nazi, but she will make all kinds of excuses for bad behaviors if she loves someone. If she doesn't love them, she judges them with a sharp stick. She, however, never judges herself with the same stick lol..... there is always some excuse.
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by ICUP View Post
    Question: Can 9w1's be seen generally as "prudes"? My mother has tried smoking once and drinking once in her whole life. She makes the biggest deal over people having premarital sex. She has never tried anything but missionary position, and she makes the biggest deal over oral sex too. She is honestly the biggest prude I have ever seen. Is this common? She is like a moral nazi, but she will make all kinds of excuses for bad behaviors if she loves someone. If she doesn't love them, she judges them with a sharp stick. She, however, never judges herself with the same stick lol..... there is always some excuse.
    I don't think so...

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

Yeah, don't know if 9s could possibly be like that, to much making a big deal of everything.
    5 3 9

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Actually 1s are more likely to be "prudes", I think. So maybe she's a 1w9?
    4w5 sp/sx EII

Nope. Doesn't sound very 9-ish to be making a big deal out of everything. Not really my place to be telling people how they should be running every single bit of their lives.