User Tag List

First 345

Banned
    MBTI
    ExTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Quote Originally Posted by Chloé View Post
    your post is excellent. I relate to most of it. Definately agree on antisocial personality disorder :flop: What mbti type is your so?

An 8 I am talking about is the most difficult person I know, he is an ENTP and very social but also very unhealthy and hates the whole world, he is so convinced in his perception of reality that it is impossible to make him see there is totally different world out there. We argue all the time but I enjoy it very much, I love to argue lol, though in the beginning I was taking it too srsly but figure its not that serious at all. We usually argue about moral topics, politics, because he sees conspiracies everywhere.

I am interested how other 8s deal with life set backs. He is very very poor and very frustrated because of it, also convinced there is no way to get out of that hole because "world is designed for rich people", refuses any idea how to get a better job explaining how its impossible; its usually too much work for nothing or he says he couldnt take authority or this or that.. has 200 excuses in his sleave...
    it is weird because from what i know 8s are people who want power and control but i guess he is so deeply convinced he cant have it that he quits before evem trying. Its a huge vicious circle.

Is there any way you can help unhealhty 8? As I said when I try to help I was accused of "looking down at him" etc..
    He doesn't sound like an 8, 8's love challenges

He sounds more like a 6 trapped in fear loops

A window to the soul

Quote Originally Posted by Apester View Post
    He doesn't sound like an 8, 8's love challenges

He sounds more like a 6 trapped in fear loops
    I approve this post.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd Girl View Post
    I approve this post.
    Yep, does sound like a definite possibility. I initially thought it could be differences in entp/entj, but..... sounds like it could be a 6w5, especially, although I have never made excuses like that, or liked to argue lol..... I'm not entp tho.....

It does sound like the type of issues I have with working for someone else though: I don't like authority, and I don't want a "boss". I also see conspiracies.... but I won't assume they are true. My 8 sees conspiracies too though....

"The world is designed for rich people" : I've never thought anything like this. I don't refuse any ideas to get a better job, either. I have thought it was "too much work" for not-enough-pay, though. Although I've found a solution to all of these issues: Start my own business. ha.

Not sure how an entp 6w5 would look. I think I was too busy initially describing my own problems with my 8 to see the 6w5 part ha, although I knew he didn't sound like my S.O. in this regard.
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

Banned
    MBTI
    ExTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd Girl View Post
    I approve this post.
    My cherry busting post approved

A good omen

Banned
    MBTI
    ExTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

I'm a 8w7 sx/sp and I don't much agree with the idea that a 8 moving toward 5 is unhealthy. I have spent years, mostly socially isolated, doing the 5 thang and found it to be a very useful time (thanks to Typology), as 8's inner understandings and their understanding of the world around them, very much needs a 5's potential insights. The growth toward 2 is swell, but it can be inconsistent, without the positive adjustments, the time at 5 can potentially create.

And male prison culture (least in the U.S.) is very much an unhealthy 8 culture

Strength is everything