Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Haven View Post
    that elfboy does a lot of shit talking. Only 8s are so eager to put others down. It figures too because 2s are really good at making 8s look bad.

And whether or not a 2 is overlooked is generally up to the 2. Sometimes going unnoticed has its perks. Dealing with people takes finesse, and 2s have lots of it. Some 2s are complete attention whores.
    so are 6s, 1s, unhealthy 2s, unhealthy 4s, unhealthy 3s and unhealthy 7s. one can hardly narrow it down to 8
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

i think type 2s often end up in nurturing roles - parent, nurse, teacher - and as such might not be front and center.

i know a good representation of 2s IRL myself. several are teachers, or in training to be educators. one is training to be a nurse. another is getting her CPA. i have great love for quite a few of them.

as for on the forum - they're probably one of the types less given to wasting time on the internets by nature.

Quote Originally Posted by 21%
    Because they're probably out helping people in the real world?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Well, I don't have any empirical evidence that proves that 2's are not very common but looking at this site (which I know has some typings wrong):

http://pastebin.com/gsAhzZqW

2's are the second least common type amongst many celebrities after 4's. That isn't to say this site is a reflection of the general populace but it's a good starting point to seeing how big the rift is amongst each type.
    We cast away priceless time in dreams, born of imagination, fed upon illusion, and put to death by reality. - Judy Garland

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sp
    Socionics
    ESFj Ti

8s are naturals at it though, and it seems to be your default mode, considering other threads you have started that seem to be dedicated to putting others down. I'm not saying you're an unhealthy type, I'm saying you're a regular 8. This is fairly normal behavior for 8s looking for a quick ego boost.

Some types are just better at being in the spotlight. Sarah Palin is probably my favorite person of my type.
    {The Diplomat}
    Slytherpuff
    s|L|OAx
    Meow.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Haven View Post
    8s are naturals at it though, and it seems to be your default mode, considering other threads you have started that seem to be dedicated to putting others down. I'm not saying you're an unhealthy type, I'm saying you're a regular 8. This is fairly normal behavior for 8s looking for a quick ego boost.
    could you give some examples? in particular, if you're talking about the "Does it suck being an SJ?" thread, that was made for educational purposes. apparently, I have a habit of sounding much more harsh and personal that I usually intend to (although you could be right, this might be 8).
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Chibi Seme
    Sunburst!
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

anyway, more on 2s. 2s are overlooked for a number of reasons
    1) they usually don't favor positions that are glamorous or attention grabbing
    2) typology central doesn't have a lot of them
    3) 2s are less likely to be interested in typology, which I would assume would appeal mostly to 4s, 5s and 9s.
    4) 2s tend to be more group oriented and have less of a desire to stand out than say, 4s and 8s
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Chibi Seme
    Sunburst!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    anyway, more on 2s. 2s are overlooked for a number of reasons
    1) they usually don't favor positions that are glamorous or attention grabbing
    2) typology central doesn't have a lot of them
    3) 2s are less likely to be interested in typology, which I would assume would appeal mostly to 4s, 5s and 9s.
    4) 2s tend to be more group oriented and have less of a desire to stand out than say, 4s and 8s
    Even if this is all true, my question is really why aren't they more prominent in movies, especially as heroes, or as music stars or even as a recurring member in TV shows. In fact, the main reason why I made this thread was that I recently watched a movie called Crush, where the main villain was an obsessive 2. That in turn reminded me of Roommate and Single White Female, which again, had an obsessive roommate as the main villain. There's also Obsessed and Misery, which again has the crazy 2 as the main antagonist. All I really want is to see more heroic 2's and have some diversity in their lineup other than obsessed villains. About the most heroic 2 I've seen in movies would be Hagrid from Harry Potter and that's pretty much it, not to mention he's more of a side character than anything.
    We cast away priceless time in dreams, born of imagination, fed upon illusion, and put to death by reality. - Judy Garland

MBTI
    IsFJ

Bit of a tangent, but does anyone else have a nagging* suspicion that Vicky Jo Varner is an INFJ 2w1?

* No pun intended.

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Famous 2's
    Paula Abdul, Alan Alda, Tammy Faye Bakker, Brigitte Bardot, Harry Belafonte, Leo Buscaglia, Barbara Bush, Jimmy Carter, Casanova, Glenn Close, Bill Cosby, Barbara de Angelis, Princess Diana, Celine Dion, John Douglas, Faye Dunaway, Fairy Godmother, Mia Farrow, Betty Friedan, Kathie Lee Gifford, Danny Glover, Roosevelt Grier, Melanie Griffith, Leona Helmsley, Whitney Houston, Jesus Christ, Erica Jong, Sally Kellerman, Sally Kirkland, Diane Ladd, Monica Lewinsky, Jerry Lewis, James Lipton, John Lithgow, Jennifer Lopez, Susan Lucci, Madonna, Alma Mahler, Imelda Marcos, Florence Nightingale, Merlin Olsen, Yoko Ono, Suze Orman, Eva Peron, Priscilla Presley, Patsy Ramsey, Sally Jessy Raphael, Nancy Reagan, Della Reese, Lionel Ritchie, Mr. Rogers, Virginia Satir, Richard Simmons, Danielle Steel, Sally Struthers, Mother Teresa, Marlo Thomas, Richard Thomas, Jennifer Tilly, Tiny Tim, John Travolta, Ivana Trump, Desmond Tutu, Barbara Walters, Lesley Ann Warren.