• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 6] Difference between 6w7 and 7w6?

Boo

MBTI Type
ENFP
I know a few indicators woud be how they view authority and their outlooks on future possibilities, but I find it hard to really differentiate. I'm stuck between these two for head types...

Brownie points to whoever can help me with my heart type. I was thinking I was a type 3 for my core type, but I don't feel confident all the time in my decisions and abilities as most 3s seem to portray :/

Merci!

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
7w6's seem like hedonists but have a secret guard up, we're not as dumb we look. NOW STOP LOOKING AT ME!?!

6w7's are vigilant, kinda serious people with a secret desire to have orgies while slathered in bbq pork.

Is that helpful or should I offer more examples?

Boo

MBTI Type
ENFP
Ahahaha well based on that I would say 7w6, but perhaps a few more examples please? :)

Coco

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6s have orgies WITH bbq pork.

Chloe

I know a few indicators woud be how they view authority and their outlooks on future possibilities, but I find it hard to really differentiate. I'm stuck between these two for head types...

Brownie points to whoever can help me with my heart type. I was thinking I was a type 3 for my core type, but I don't feel confident all the time in my decisions and abilities as most 3s seem to portray :/

Merci!

are you competitive ?

edit: just viewed your last type me thread; yeah, you're definately 3 :yes:

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Ahahaha well based on that I would say 7w6, but perhaps a few more examples please? :)

I think what CzeCze said is spot-on.

I always feel like 7s look more "chill" than me...and I can mean that in both a good way and a bad way. ENFP 7s are like the ENFP stereotype and I think those of us who are 4s or 6s seem a little more serious, vigilant, romantic, and/or introverted.

As a 6w7 though I still need adventure, spontaneity, and will attempt to avoid pain. I definitely relate to the vigilance of 6 though most of the time, I tend to be more concerned with politics, authority, security, and above all my freaking opinions than being a rock star.

Boo

MBTI Type
ENFP
Haha I started wondering if I was a 6 because recently I've lost faith in myself so I started worrying about everything else. My mom lectured me saying I shouldn't stress about SAT class so much and to not have anxiety over other things to distract myself from what really bothers me. This is why I hate being alone with nothing to do because my worries come back. And usually interacting with others (life of the party, center of attention) makes me feel better ~_^

Oh no I'd love to be a rockstar/musician!

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Haha I started wondering if I was a 6 because recently I've lost faith in myself so I started worrying about everything else. My mom lectured me saying I shouldn't stress about SAT class so much and to not have anxiety over other things to distract myself from what really bothers me. This is why I hate being alone with nothing to do because my worries come back. And usually interacting with others (life of the party, center of attention) makes me feel better ~_^

Well I've been a dancer on stage, and I wouldn't mind being a singer in a band. It's not that I wouldn't want to be one, it's just ...the rockstar thing isn't literally being a rock star in the sense of being a musician...it's an entire lifestyle and frame of mind. I have just enough of that mindset to have had my share of crazies, but my vigilance comes first, I can tell you that.

I'm just saying the difference between me as a 6w7 instead of being a 7.

7s seem "light" to me...almost too light at times, like ...I think I'm more committed in the sense of loyalty sometimes than ENFPs are stereotyped as being (hence the ENFP 7 stereotype) ...but I still have this 7 wing tendency to not want to be tied down by a lot of material/work-related responsibility, though I'm completely devoted with emotional responsibilities.

I tenaciously cling to my beliefs, too, and I've done the whole counterphobic 6 major rebellion. I tend to be more counterphobic but I've gone through phobic periods of high anxiety in my life, like two extremes at some points.

Chloe

this (bolded) is actually very typical for 3s, being anxious when you dont have anything to do. I feel it on Sundays when I dont have anything to study, even though most of my studying is time wasting, i like feeling like i have something to do, being efficient

Nomenclature

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
3w2
I was talking to a 6 the other day (you know Korrbin, right?) who said that he wasn't much of a traveler (in the context of me saying something about joining the Peace Corps... i.e. overseas and long-term) because it was like, "I wouldn't want to make a commitment and limit my options. What if it ends up not being what I expected and I can't back out of it?

I have a 7 fix, and I'm not sure if this is relevant, but I was like, "Well, wtf do you expect? When you're going to be in completely foreign circumstances, it's better to just not expect anything and go with it."

Thing is, 6's NEED to have something to anticipate and align their plans and backups. I can shotgun with the possibilities, but I don't see one main pathway for what's going to / should happen.

EDIT: Also, I think you're a 3. Confident all the time? Silly to think that anyone is like that. :)

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I was talking to a 6 the other day (you know Korrbin, right?) who said that he wasn't much of a traveler (in the context of me saying something about joining the Peace Corps... i.e. overseas and long-term) because it was like, "I wouldn't want to make a commitment and limit my options. What if it ends up not being what I expected and I can't back out of it?

I have a 7 fix, and I'm not sure if this is relevant, but I was like, "Well, wtf do you expect? When you're going to be in completely foreign circumstances, it's better to just not expect anything and go with it."

Thing is, 6's NEED to have something to anticipate and align their plans and backups. I can shotgun with the possibilities, but I don't see one main pathway for what's going to / should happen.

EDIT: Also, I think you're a 3. Confident all the time? Silly to think that anyone is like that. :)

Yeah I have fears like "what if I committed myself to x and couldn't back out of it." Not relationships, but things like the Peace Corps or whatever.

HOWEVER, I am capable of plunging headlong into unknown circumstances. I have now moved to California, not once but twice nearly ten years apart.

The first time I had absolutely no idea what I was doing and just went with it, ended up living in Vegas with my ex less than a year later. This time I had things more planned out, came from WV (where I moved to be near my mom after breaking up with my ex) ...after being in college for several years, yet not entirely and some things went wrong let me tell you what, but I still know how to roll with things to an extent.

I definitely have the 7 wing but I am hypervigilant in weird ways, especially about my health, sleep, food, et al. I have the terror of making the wrong decision, I have a lot of those traits.

But I'm just not as carefree. I'm just too intense and worried about certain things.

Boo

MBTI Type
ENFP
I like the stories you guys have shared ;D Very helpful!

Haha as a sophomore I wanted terribly to take an AP class because I felt I was up to it. My mother strongly suggested to just stick with sports if I wanted to spend time because if I fail the class I couldn't switch out.

Funny, though, because even though I'm all for spontaneity, secretly I need a little security or awareness if something is potentially dangerous and/or hurtful. Otherwise I'll just pounce into something before I change my mind and shoot off after something else.

And this may sound off-topic but what was Holly Golightly? A 3 or 7? In some ways I related to her free-spirit. My current relationship had to be forcex into my life because I was afraid he would hurt me like another had >_> Which also reminded me to say this:

I usually start off optimistic about everything. A truly traumatic experience has to change my outlook towards vigilant.​

Last edited:

Nomenclature

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
3w2
LJASGLSJEGILJSDGL parents and their deal with AP classes. I'll talk to you about that in private.

I know you've probably been asked this before, but how do you typically make your decisions? Like give examples and what you would decide to do.

In my opinion, Holly was a 3. You'll find a lot of people disagreeing with me there, but a huge theme of the movie was that Holly and Paul were constantly hiding who they were on the inside... Holly to a greater extent, throwing grandiose parties and gold digging when in reality she had humble beginnings and was dirt poor. I'm not saying your circumstances are who you are, but she made herself out to be more glamorous than she really was and clearly liked the attention. I think Paul was a 9.

A truly traumatic experience has to change my outlook towards vigilant.
That's a 6 statement... I think that 6s are common because you kind of can't go through life without getting hurt and needing to keep your guard up, though each reactive type is reactive for different reasons. Vice versa for the others.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I like the stories you guys have shared ;D Very helpful!

Haha as a sophomore I wanted terribly to take an AP class because I felt I was up to it. My mother strongly suggested to just stick with sports if I wanted to spend time because if I fail the class I couldn't switch out.

Funny, though, because even though I'm all for spontaneity, secretly I need a little security or awareness if something is potentially dangerous and/or hurtful. Otherwise I'll just pounce into something before I change my mind and shoot off after something else.

And this may sound off-topic but what was Holly Gollightly? A 3 or 7? In some ways I related to her free-spirit. My current relationship had to be forcex into my life because I was afraid he would hurt me like another had >_> Which also reminded me to say this:

I usually start off optimistic about everything. A truly traumatic experience has to change my outlook towards vigilant.​

Well when I was really young I was stupidly optimistic, I thought everything happened for a reason and blah blah blah, and I had to learn through life experience (Si) to watch out.

But like I've always been really money-centered for an NF, strangely enough, because of my need for security. I was raised by SJs and I was secretly terrified to leave them because I didn't understand money, I remember money was the thing that horrified me most, and I was so concerned about having enough material security, but yet...not enough to keep me there, because my grandfather's wife tortured me, and not only that, but because I wanted to live life and see the world for myself.

Once I learned how to survive financially, I dropped many of my fears, but I still freak out if I'm low on money and I have rituals about sleeping, eating, taking vitamins...like I can't believe people don't do these things. I also ALWAYS wear my seatbelt as soon I sit down in a car, I look both ways before I cross the street, I think pedestrians who take chances with crossing agains the light are insane.

So I am this weird mixture of Ne "fly by the seat of my pants" and yet have a strong ISTJ shadow. Or something. I think I have a lot of Si for an ENFP which probably may contribute to my 6-ness, I don't know.

I can go from one extreme to the other, though, like being crazy daring to being crazy cautious, which is apparently a 6 trait, like ranging from phobic to counterphobic.

I'm an average-health-level counterphobic 6w7, I'm pretty sure.

Chloe

LJASGLSJEGILJSDGL parents and their deal with AP classes. I'll talk to you about that in private.

I know you've probably been asked this before, but how do you typically make your decisions? Like give examples and what you would decide to do.

In my opinion, Holly was a 3. You'll find a lot of people disagreeing with me there, but a huge theme of the movie was that Holly and Paul were constantly hiding who they were on the inside... Holly to a greater extent, throwing grandiose parties and gold digging when in reality she had humble beginnings and was dirt poor. I'm not saying your circumstances are who you are, but she made herself out to be more glamorous than she really was and clearly liked the attention. I think Paul was a 9.

That's a 6 statement... I think that 6s are common because you kind of can't go through life without getting hurt and needing to keep your guard up, though each reactive type is reactive for different reasons. Vice versa for the others.

oh yeah i totally agree, paul was 9, holly 3....

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm an average-health-level counterphobic 6w7, I'm pretty sure.

Same here - got professionally tested.

I think 7s may be more into constantly having to be in motion and doing things.

Boo

MBTI Type
ENFP
How I make decisions? I guess it depends how important it is. Usually I try to make sure everyone is content with one if it affects the whole of a group and/or community. (I'll ask what people think.) Either way I ask for someone's opinion because I feel like my making a decision solely on my own isn't good enough. I need someone else to either agree or disagree with me--sort of like confirming I'm right or leading me in the right direction if I'm wrong. I'm also highly indecisive if left to my own devices--I kind of go back and forth trying to figure out which path will be more prolific, "easy," etc. And sometimes if the decision isn't too important I just go with whatever is more fun or gaining for me :|

Boo

MBTI Type
ENFP
Gosh darn~ I knew it would have come to 6 while I was typing it.
Reason being I plea for 7 is because I'm always shuffling through items, hobbies, activities. If I have nothing to do I get whiny and cranky. Sometimes I wake up depressed if I know it's just another mundane episode of "My Life," and then I feel that loathing despair that there's no reason why I should get up and live ;____;