Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Boo View Post
    I'm 16 years of age :] Whenever I do have a guy in my life I tend to focus too much on them... I'm not sure if it's a teen thing or what. Eventually some couples just burn out but not us... not ever.

Lawls, as a little girl I wore my parents out constantly. I'd run around like a maniac and I had all this crazed energy which I'm pretty sure still resides but since I don't have much to do I just resort to being lazy. 7s remind me of Geminis (my zodiac sign) which I identify with strongly, except the part that they're more logical.

This may sound contradictory but when I worry I think I do it for a source of entertainment or because my mind is sort of like a dumpster. I know that deep down I know there's going to be a tomorrow and "somehow everything will work out." Why I pester people with "why," "how," and "are you sure" is kind of beyond me. Am I really worried or am I worrying only externally? The only things that truly freak me out are death and outer space. My future also seems a bit fogged so I worry about that, and other times I'll tell myself to quit fretting because "if I can envision my future that's what it'll be."
    You can't envision the future, you might find this both a relief and a disappointment. It isn't a sign. Young NFs often have ludicrous ideas about this sort of thing (I did). Your future isn't necessarily going to be what you imagine. It's okay to imagine the possibilities, it's not necessarily going to happen, learn that now and you'll be better off than me.

I wasn't at all concerned with success or achievement like you are when I was a teenager. All I cared about were my friends, my boyfriend, and I knew I wanted to move out west even then. I was a mediocre student, even though I loved to read in my free time and did really well in subjects I cared about (otherwise I just wouldn't do my homework, like I just flaked it, I also skipped classes). I knew that nothing could hold me back from seeing the world, that's all I wanted. I wanted to see and experience things. When I was sixteen and people asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up, I replied "interesting." Being boring and bored was my worst nightmare, being trapped in a small suburban Southern town.

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    You can't envision the future, you might find this both a relief and a disappointment. It isn't a sign. Young NFs often have ludicrous ideas about this sort of thing (I did). Your future isn't necessarily going to be what you imagine. It's okay to imagine the possibilities, it's not necessarily going to happen, learn that now and you'll be better off than me.

I wasn't at all concerned with success or achievement like you are when I was a teenager. All I cared about were my friends, my boyfriend, and I knew I wanted to move out west even then. I was a mediocre student, even though I loved to read in my free time and did really well in subjects I cared about (otherwise I just wouldn't do my homework, like I just flaked it, I also skipped classes). I knew that nothing could hold me back from seeing the world, that's all I wanted. I wanted to see and experience things. When I was sixteen and people asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up, I replied "interesting." Being boring and bored was my worst nightmare, being trapped in a small suburban Southern town.
    Cheesy way to not think about things, I know.

I was the same in 8th grade--I actually got a D- for Science. Shaming the family and myself wasn't something I planned on doing anymore.
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."
    — Dr. Seuss

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

so many interesting comments in this thread! i definitely relate to 7 and 6 and sx and boo...i sometimes feel like all my worrying or planning is just busy work for my brain...i seem mellow i think to outsiders but my brain is constantly coming up with ideas and plans to implement them...and it's nuts...it's just busy work...shit i really don't need to be devoting so much mental energy to.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENFP

I find it really hard to say how optimistic I really am... I'm poptimistic xD Because I bounce back and forth between optimism and pessimism. All I know is I want to leave a legacy behind me in some shape or form... if I can't do that then I might as well kick the darn bucket :| What's the point of just... living? Actually if my mom says we have something planned for tomorrow I wake up energetically and ready to DO SOMETHING. For instance, shopping makes my heart soar because I know there are so many things I can buy, opportunities, etc. I like the idea of having options.

Don't 6s and 7s have distinct views on authority? 6s either rebel or latch on to authority whereas 7s just want to do their own thing?
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."
    — Dr. Seuss

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    so many interesting comments in this thread! i definitely relate to 7 and 6 and sx and boo...i sometimes feel like all my worrying or planning is just busy work for my brain...i seem mellow i think to outsiders but my brain is constantly coming up with ideas and plans to implement them...and it's nuts...it's just busy work...shit i really don't need to be devoting so much mental energy to.
    Well, personally, I usually worry when I've tried all other outlets for means of escape. My family leaves me home a lot and I have to tell you how much it sucks. I was meant to go outdoors, do something, HELL EVEN HAND ME FREAKING CHORES I WILL DO WHATEVER YOU WANT JUST GIVE ME SOMETHING!!! @___@ Mmkay so when all else fails to keep me preoccupied I worry like a beast. If I watch a documentary about outer space I'll think about meteors smashing into earth and there's no way I can prevent it. And then I'll think about death and I'll slip into a frenzy--"I'LL FIND A WAY TO CURE DEATH! I'LL EARN MONEY SO MUCH MONEY AND I'LL PAY SCIENTISTS ALL THE MONEY IN THE WORLD TO HELP ME ESCAPE DEATH!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!" And if I hear footsteps coming from the backyard it's only a matter of seconds before I call my mom, "MOMMY SOMEONE'S IN THE BACKYARD COME HOME QUICK!"

My boyfriend is kind of like purgative because when I'm with him there is absolutely nothing in this world that can harm me. All my worries just float away for a few hours and I can just focus on him With him, I feel like doors open and there are opportunities to do something with someone! I can't go on an adventure alone, there's no fun in that--I need to share moments with at least someone. If not I'll have to brag to the universe of how I alone did went on an amazing escapade triumphantly yadda yadda. When separated (and he's usually doing something fun, I'll tell you that--right now he's in Italy with his best friend while I'm alone) I covet his freedom & happiness. He gets to do everything I can't, and with that he'll always have more opportunities than me. I feel like he's succeeding in a part of life I can't access because I have to stick to home base. Distilled waters... reminds me of Ariel from the Little Mermaid lawls :P She wanted to know what it was like on land. S'yeah, I'm a free-spirit that worries as a result from being idle for too long.
    — Dr. Seuss

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Boo View Post
    I find it really hard to say how optimistic I really am... I'm poptimistic xD Because I bounce back and forth between optimism and pessimism. All I know is I want to leave a legacy behind me in some shape or form... if I can't do that then I might as well kick the darn bucket :| What's the point of just... living? Actually if my mom says we have something planned for tomorrow I wake up energetically and ready to DO SOMETHING. For instance, shopping makes my heart soar because I know there are so many things I can buy, opportunities, etc. I like the idea of having options.

Don't 6s and 7s have distinct views on authority? 6s either rebel or latch on to authority whereas 7s just want to do their own thing?
    6s have a pretty extreme relationship to authority, whether it's latching on or rebelling (phobic and counterphobic). I've always been preoccupied with things like authority and government ...supposedly 6s are bent a bit toward politics though I'm sure not all 6s are it's just a manifestation of the personality that's common...and in my personal life I had extremely authoritarian parental figures which at first made me feel very safe and cared for (until about age 12) and then made me feel horribly stifled, caged, and misunderstood. Therefore as an adult I've always had a strange relationship to authority, both strongly resisting it and simutaneously respecting it in various forms.

I can tell you I do not relate to your constant need to do things. That seems almost like you're a 6 disintegrating at 3 maybe? Doing the "human doing" thing? Except when I disintegrate at 3 I just become bossy and achievment focused, like I attempt to get over my fucked up internal state by proving myself dominant or worthy or something. I was never a "human doing."

I'm really glad I'm not in disintegration anymore, ugh.

Do you think maybe you have an anxiety disorder, I mean with all the thoughts about meteors and things?

MBTI
    ENFP

Actually I think I figured out where my anxieties stem from.
    I don't generally like to take responsibility (not sure if it's immaturity or not) and so I need security, a belief that something or someone else will take care of me and my problems. When that ideal is disturbed I'm very frantic. But that's only my expectations for the outside world. With myself, if I have lost faith in myself, I sort of give up and move towards anxieties over outside problems (so I'm going towards my head fix). Finally I'll be so distressed I'll try to perfect the world around me, seeking answers. If that fails I'll take on my gut fix (I believe 9?) very complacent and withdrawn, and out of no where I'll flame up in rage and anxiety, usually towards people I love or am comfortable with. It's like I don't listen to reason. When I am truly angry I can't control it and just want to argue. But I'll probably the first to apologize. Otherwise I just look and feel very grumpy and would prefer to lay low. When the bad mood lessens I'll just be more shy, and eventually go back to 3 if something inspires me to succeed.
    Or maybe just lack of stimulation/things to do, places to go, people to see makes me antsy :p

Hah! Authority... I either love or hate my parents. And my teachers either impress me or repulse me. Whenever I meet adults I either try to bond with them or hate them... Sometimes I won't have a strong emotion towards an adult/authority if I don't know them well or they're boring. But with friends' mothers I like talking to them as if they were related to me.
    — Dr. Seuss

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Is this night of the crazies?

MBTI
    ENFP

Did I say something? o.O
    — Dr. Seuss

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

1. You're a 3.
    2. He's right, you're not real, none of us are real, especially him.
    3. Fuck you all in a sensual appreciative way, lol.
    5 3 9