User Tag List

First 56789 Last

Results 61 to 70 of 127

  1. #61
    Senior Member Boo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Posts
    102

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nomenclature View Post
    I have a friend who makes fun of me for two main characteristics of my shopping habits:
    1. I don't wear neutrals. Like I don't remember the last time I wore a white or gray shirt.
    2. I notice cute things that she completely misses and know what it would match with like BOOM.
    "OOH, this looks cute!" -grabs a skirt from a shelf slightly higher than my head-
    "...how did you even see that?"

    Wha, I thought we settled on 3, 6, and are fuzzy on the stacking.
    Exactly, 'cept I love to wear greys and blacks if it's sophisticated enough.

    Well yes I am still stuck on stackings (just when I thought I was sx/so) but I noticed we're talking about a lot of things aside from that :3
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."
    — Dr. Seuss

  2. #62
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo View Post
    There was this one guy who wouldn't even talk to me while I was chubby and then about 4 years later he said "Hey you're kinda pretty." :| I mean I was proud but I felt sorry for my chubby self.
    Sometimes I feel like I have to be attractive because of my family. They're all freaking supermodels and if I don't measure up I'm afraid I'll be kind of an embarrassment. This also applies to my academic desires. Compared to my family I feel like a failure, which could be why I worry so much.
    Dude, my mom was hot until she was like 45, when I was a teenager guys would go "OMGZ THATS YOUR MOM." Errr...yes.

    Okay, so check it out, there was this guy who used to pick on me when I was 13 and awkward, I totally had a crush on him in 8th grade he was a football player...and when I was 19 and an exotic dancer, he ran into me in a convenience store one night, didn't recognize me I guess, followed me in his car, pulled up beside me, motioned for me to roll down my window, and said "hey baby where are you going?" and that kind of blah blah blah...and I said do you not recognize me? And I could tell by his face he didn't. And I screamed my full name really loud and drove away super fast.

    But I went through a chubby phase after I split with my ESFJ ex as an adult because I was depressed and also went through this phase of not wanting men to look at me or talk to me, but when I started coming out of it I started realizing with profound shock how differently I was being treated by the entire world. It was a slap in the face to someone who was usually considered "a hot girl" even if I don't qualify as beautiful.

    I feel better when I'm thinner, anyway. I feel better both physically and mentally, so it's just as much about my health and self-esteem as the sexy.

  3. #63
    Senior Member Boo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Posts
    102

    Default

    I care even more with my boyfriend. x3 If he says I'm the best at something and means it, it's one of the most rewarding feelings evarrr. If I disappoint him I kind of explode in shame.

    The only time I brag shamelessly is either to my mother or my boyfriend.
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."
    — Dr. Seuss

  4. #64
    Senior Member Nomenclature's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    3w2
    Socionics
    SEE
    Posts
    135

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo View Post
    I care even more with my boyfriend. x3 If he says I'm the best at something and means it, it's one of the most rewarding feelings evarrr. If I disappoint him I kind of explode in shame.
    Hah, some performance anxiety before your first time, much?
    ISTP 3w2 SX/SO

  5. #65
    Senior Member Boo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Posts
    102

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nomenclature View Post
    Hah, some performance anxiety before your first time, much?
    Yeahz :| And I'll take a look at his ex-girlfriend or flings to make sure I'm ahead... I can be quite the creeper...
    Actually because I focus so much on my intimate relations, I thought I would be an sx.
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."
    — Dr. Seuss

  6. #66
    RETIRED CzeCze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    GONE
    Posts
    9,051

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    Same here - got professionally tested.

    I think 7s may be more into constantly having to be in motion and doing things.
    Exactly. I've been in motion since birth and always looking for adventure and to experience things. My mom swears I was fighting against my eyelids and trying to open my eyes when I was born and I started walking (more running) an early age. I would literally run ahead and away from her and I got lost 2x as a toddler. Once when I was 3 I wouldn't hold still for a haircut so my mom sat me on a chair to wait while she got her haircut and then discovered I had escaped into a preschool/kindergarten class. I was big for my age and walked in like I belonged there so the teachers didn't bat an eye. My mom said when she stuck her head in and saw me she kept motioning for me to come to her but I looked at her then slightly annoyed and looked away because I was listening intently to whatever story the teachers were telling me. My mom basically says I drove her nuts as a kid and she not only dropped the baby weigh fast but she became 'like a skeleton' because I was always running her ragged. When I was an older child I would still eat with a sense of urgency and run out of the house to play - I was always "busy".

    Even now people who know me describe me as being in motion, keeping things moving, searching, etc. For my birthday I planned an impromptu trip to Spain within a span of about 10 days and I did a homestay for a month and did a crash course in Spanish. I had never been to Europe or travelled abroad outside of trips home to see my parents and I didn't speak a lick of Spanish. Even with the shitty things that I encountered it was an adventure I thoroughly enjoyed. I WANT ADVENTURE!!??&&&!!

    It is a key element of my nature and what motivates me.

    At its worst, the 7 seeking turns into itself into meaningless hedonism and addiction and dissatisfaction, anxiety.

    Enneagram is about what drives you to and away from things.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    and 7 is what?? afraid of boredom? being trapped? not being able to experience all the things you want to experience?
    7's on the surface are afraid of boredom.

    But really we are afraid of a lack of agency and options.

    Which distilled, is basically we are afraid to be utterly alone and forced to be with ourself and alone with our deepest, darkest fears and pain. 4's enjoy melancholy and it becomes a part of their personality and takes on a romantic, artistic focus and quality. I myself reject the idea that suffering is a necessary part of the creative process, I think that's bull, I think creation is a joy and a gift.

    Options and the new days gives me hope. 7's are essentially optimistic. 6's are vigilant.

    A 7 will reframe, minimize, or ignore or basically escape from a problem if it bothers us too much and the idea of fixing it or dealing with it fully makes us anxious. A 6 may become pre-occupied or anxious about even a potential problem but will figure out how to either pre-emptively neutralize it, safely have it pass it, or be prepared for a battle with all the possible scenarios worked out.

    The difference between a 7w8 and a counterphobic 7w6 is that 8 is a RAGE/GUT center, while 6 and 7 are about THINKING. 8 instinctively is full and sure of itself and gets enraged that someone is challenging it (think Gordon Ramsey a la Hell's Kitchen). An 8 doesn't think or prepare for possible bad guys, it's like a bull who lunges at its target as soon as it sees it but doesn't think anticipate its prey. An 8 gets pissed off someone is in their face and says "F*CK YOU!" There's lots of yelling and theatrics or basically performance that you can observe.

    A 6 is more like the paranoid survivalist hunter who knows the landscape is dotted with enemies and draws a map with and maybe builds a neato long range gun to snipe enemies at a distance then maybe yells for good measure, "F*CK YOU - YOU'RE NOT GONNA GET ME TODAY' before scurrying back to their giant stockpile of cans in a post-apocolyptic world. If that makes sense. Dale Gribble from 'King of the Hill' is a poster child for (hysterically paranoid) 6/5's.

    An 8 acts and reacts. A 6, even a counterphobic 6 *anticipates*.

    6's worry more about security and also the health of the group they belong to. The group is part of their identity.

    A 7's scope is more global.

    A 7 feels like 'I make things happen, I can find things, experience things, make things' etc.

    A 6 is more 'anything can happen to me, people can bother me, disasters can strike, I must be ready because nothing is gonna get one over on me'

    I think those are accurate ^^

    The question to being 7w6 or 6w7 is which part is stronger in how you identify and what primarily motivates you, also what resonates most with your nature.

    I can be hella counter/phobic and vigilant but I'm essentially 7 all day, every day.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

    "I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

    Johari/Nohari

  7. #67
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo View Post
    Yeahz :| And I'll take a look at his ex-girlfriend or flings to make sure I'm ahead... I can be quite the creeper...
    Actually because I focus so much on my intimate relations, I thought I would be an sx.
    Relax all ENFPs are creepers.

    You might be sx if your bf affects you that strongly, especially if it's a common theme in your life, I dunno how old you are.

  8. #68
    Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Posts
    5,143

    Default

    6w7s are rock star/superstar too. And not in a minor way. The Sexual variant of 6w7 is clearly the realm of rockstars, and globally, the rock star thing is more Sx-related than enneatype related. Ozzy Osbourne, Axl Rose, Dennis Rodman (who can't be considered as a simple athlete), Amy Winehouse, Lady Gaga, are true 6w7: paranoid, reactive, loyal, navigate between conformism and pure rebellion, eccentric, self-destructive, emotionally fragile and frustrated. There's also 6w7 So/Sx rockstars like Nina Hagen or Lilly Allen, they are softer. 7w6 rockstar are Robert Plant, Serge Gainsbourg, Freddy Mercury, Elton John, Bono, Cindy Lauper or Billy Joe Armstrong. Emotionaly more sane, very mentals but not paranoid and fundamentaly optimistic at the point to be naive.

    7w6s have strong issues with addiction too, but I think that they come from pleasure to pleasure doing that while 6w7s come from a truly negative vison of the world and a feeling of insecurity. One of the main difference is that for 7w6, Rock'n Roll and pop music are simply a pleasure, while for 6w7s rockstars, rock'n roll and pop music are a lifestyle with their codes that they make their duty to exeriment as far as possible. It is a cause that they embrace. Also 6w7s popstars tend to rely a lot on show buisness as a supportive system that it is their duty to work daily for, like Katty Perry or Kanye West and at the same time worry a lot about proving that they are "not just a selling product", Kylie Minogue shows that a lot. While 7w6s are simply optimistic or simply trust their genius to prove their value.

    Politics is a strong point to. 7w6s are usually humanist who believe that humanity is ultimately good, and don't want to rely too much on an ideology or political organisation. 6w7 are very more woryng and opinated on political issues, they tend strongly to be partisan and critical, or even -especially for So first and second- acerb, provocative and ideologically ferocious relating a lot on a sense of identity about their political side, seeing mebers of the opppsite side as ennemies. Rush Limbaugh and Ann Coulter are extreme examples of that, though most part of 6w7 have a connecition to 9 wich lead them to consider every point of view, and tend more to be loyal skeptic than dogmatic crusader. On humour, 6w7s are more politically oriented, while 7w6s are more on the edge of humor for the sake of humor. Compare Chris Rock (6w7) with Jack Black (7w6) for example.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

    Chaotic Neutral

    E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

    "I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

    "Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

  9. #69
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Yeah I very much relate to what you say about 6w7, Speed (you're so good at this!)

    And CzeCze would wear me out, no lie.

  10. #70
    Senior Member Boo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Posts
    102

    Default

    I'm 16 years of age :] Whenever I do have a guy in my life I tend to focus too much on them... I'm not sure if it's a teen thing or what. Eventually some couples just burn out but not us... not ever.

    Lawls, as a little girl I wore my parents out constantly. I'd run around like a maniac and I had all this crazed energy which I'm pretty sure still resides but since I don't have much to do I just resort to being lazy. 7s remind me of Geminis (my zodiac sign) which I identify with strongly, except the part that they're more logical.

    This may sound contradictory but when I worry I think I do it for a source of entertainment or because my mind is sort of like a dumpster. I know that deep down I know there's going to be a tomorrow and "somehow everything will work out." Why I pester people with "why," "how," and "are you sure" is kind of beyond me. Am I really worried or am I worrying only externally? The only things that truly freak me out are death and outer space. My future also seems a bit fogged so I worry about that, and other times I'll tell myself to quit fretting because "if I can envision my future that's what it'll be."
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."
    — Dr. Seuss

Similar Threads

  1. [NF] Commonalities/differences between ENFP and ENFJ
    By proteanmix in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 09-23-2015, 02:35 PM
  2. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 08-04-2014, 03:45 PM
  3. What's the difference between meritocracy and technocracy?
    By Ezra in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-04-2008, 07:21 AM
  4. Replies: 16
    Last Post: 10-08-2007, 08:30 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO