First 45678 Last

Type C. Full of good genes.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    3w2
    Socionics
    SEE

Well, like I said. Being naturally attractive is meaningless to me. It irritates me when people think that being naturally beautiful = being naturally valuable, and that "artificial" beauty (this is a very broad sliding scale, mind you) is fake character. It's not. It's purely external. Beauty is a fickle friend. Its presence (or taking care of it, for that matter) is neither the presence of virtue nor the lack.

I know there's a stereotype that Asian women don't age, but unfortunately, that doesn't ring true for my mom's side of the family. On my dad's side, though, holy dang. My forty-something-year-old cousin looks like she could be my age.
    ISTP 3w2 SX/SO

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by ICUP View Post
    You're definitely not sx lol..... I think my desire for surgeries is based on the fact that I don't want to be reminded that I am aging. I think it's me telling myself that I'M NOT AGING, and couldn't possibly be aging. Look in the mirror: I have no wrinkles, I'm still thin and in just as good or better shape than most 20 year olds, etc...... these are all ways of "pretending" I am not aging lol......
    How's that not sx? :o
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."
    — Dr. Seuss

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Nomenclature View Post
    Well, like I said. Being naturally attractive is meaningless to me. It irritates me when people think that being naturally beautiful = being naturally valuable, and that "artificial" beauty (this is a very broad sliding scale, mind you) is fake character. It's not. It's purely external. Beauty is a fickle friend. Its presence (or taking care of it, for that matter) is neither the presence of virtue nor the lack.

I know there's a stereotype that Asian women don't age, but unfortunately, that doesn't ring true for my mom's side of the family. On my dad's side, though, holy dang. My forty-something-year-old cousin looks like she could be my age.
    +7
    wanting to look and feel sexy is a sign of high self worth, not pretentiousness. it's instinct based, not ego based. I recently told a friend that I was thinking of getting a nose job and she said "why can't you just be happy being yourself?" I answered "I am being myself. I want to express on the outside how I feel on the inside." I think people who express themselves via fashion are being themselves more than people who don't.

PS: it's overexaggerated, but it's not a myth. I heard in an anthropological documentary that various cosmetic companies have studied asian women for years for this reason. it has something to do with wrinkling more slowly.
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Nomenclature View Post
    For me, being born ugly doesn't mean much. It wasn't my choice. It wasn't merit. My bone structure isn't my character. It was pure chance. Aging to an extent means that I made bad decisions with my health, but it is otherwise inevitable. What's wrong with "admitting" something that happens to everyone? Moreso, if aging bothers me, why would I succumb to letting DOING something about it bother me?
    One word: sexiness.

When sexy has always been an important part of your life you find the thought of losing it almost unbearable.

Maybe I'll think differently in 10-15 years, but I doubt it.

MBTI
    ENFP

Yeah I love dressing up and I wonder why some people don't. They ask me where I shop and I say "probably the same place as you..." I mean the clothes are right there
    Well what if you like your face? :3

I feel like we're straying from topic haha.
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."
    — Dr. Seuss

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    One word: sexiness.

When sexy has always been an important part of your life you find the thought of losing it almost unbearable.

Maybe I'll think differently in 10-15 years, but I doubt it.
    Relate~
    When I was a kid I did child modeling but I didn't really understand the concept of being aesthetically pleasing until I hit a fat stage and people ridiculed me I was just a little 12 year old. Then I became a string bean over the summer due to a growth spurt and everything else kind of ended up what it is now.
    — Dr. Seuss

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Boo View Post
    Relate~
    When I was a kid I did child modeling but I didn't really understand the concept of being aesthetically pleasing until I hit a fat stage and people ridiculed me I was just a little 12 year old. Then I became a string bean over the summer due to a growth spurt and everything else kind of ended up what it is now.
    Yep, gaining weight is a sure fire way to learn to appreciate just how important your appearance is. LIKE OMG PEOPLE ARE TREATING ME DIFFERENTLY THIS IS INSANE.

MBTI
    ENFP

There was this one guy who wouldn't even talk to me while I was chubby and then about 4 years later he said "Hey you're kinda pretty." :| I mean I was proud but I felt sorry for my chubby self.
    Sometimes I feel like I have to be attractive because of my family. They're all freaking supermodels and if I don't measure up I'm afraid I'll be kind of an embarrassment. This also applies to my academic desires. Compared to my family I feel like a failure, which could be why I worry so much.
    — Dr. Seuss

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    3w2
    Socionics
    SEE

Quote Originally Posted by Boo View Post
    Yeah I love dressing up and I wonder why some people don't. They ask me where I shop and I say "probably the same place as you..."

I feel like we're straying from topic haha.
    I have a friend who makes fun of me for two main characteristics of my shopping habits:
    1. I don't wear neutrals. Like I don't remember the last time I wore a white or gray shirt.
    2. I notice cute things that she completely misses and know what it would match with like BOOM.
    "OOH, this looks cute!" -grabs a skirt from a shelf slightly higher than my head-
    "...how did you even see that?"

Wha, I thought we settled on 3, 6, and are fuzzy on the stacking.
    ISTP 3w2 SX/SO