First 34567 Last

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    3w2
    Socionics
    SEE

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    and 7 is what?? afraid of boredom? being trapped? not being able to experience all the things you want to experience?
    Being confined by your circumstances. Not being able to move around. I imagine with 6's it's more like, "What's holding me back is that x is the worst that could happen, and there might be something better that I missed" and with 7 it's like, "Why would that hold me back? C'est la vie. RIGHT NOW there isn't something better, so I'll go for it." I wouldn't know, though. Head and gut fixes aren't in my repertoire.

Quote Originally Posted by Chloé View Post
    fear of death - 6
    fear of aging - 3
    Which reminds me... someone said that a 3's internal landscape is one of apathy and emptiness-- that they need to do and be something because everything is inherently worth nothing. Life is inherently worth nothing. I am inherently worth nothing... if I don't DO SOMETHING. I don't know if that makes sense, but that's why I'm not afraid of death. The end of consciousness is to me nothingness, and I'm not afraid to accept that void. I don't need to find something to believe in after to ease my mind.

Call me a typical teenager, but I always imagined that I'd look young forever... in spite of my mom's leather skin and the fact that people tend to think she's my grandmother when they first see her.

SP last... die young and be beautiful until you die.
    ISTP 3w2 SX/SO

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Boo View Post
    Dying with a tarnished reputation ;P

Just to clear this up: what would be the main fears for each of the head types?
    I know the motivations... and I relate more to 7s motivations for having fun and freedom. But like a 6 I need security I feel like Marilyn Monroe--she needed a strong man in her life, which kind of contradicts the whole freedom idea.
    that's 3
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    and 7 is what?? afraid of boredom? being trapped? not being able to experience all the things you want to experience?

it's threads like these that confuse me...am i more 6 or more 7...am i more go with the flow...easy breezy? or worried about outcomes and needing back up plans?? hmm...i do both but...i'm not afraid of dying really...or aging...yet i might become super bummed out about that at some point. but...i'm afraid of being stuck...
    X you are so a 7 LOL.

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Nomenclature View Post
    self preservation people are all about self pampering and taking good care of one's self. if anything, we're the most likely to want to die beautiful
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    ENFP

That's why I feel I need to live my life the way I want and achieve it the way I want--otherwise life is pointless Last night I was afraid I wouldn't get the job I wanted and the rest of my life would be slaved away in an occupation I never desired.

I doubt I'd cave into cosmetic surgery... I think that's admitting to myself I'm ugly or something :'( No matter what.
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."
    — Dr. Seuss

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

That's why I feel I need to live my life the way I want and achieve it the way I want--otherwise life is pointless Last night I was afraid I wouldn't get the job I wanted and the rest of my life would be slaved away in an occupation I never desired.

I doubt I'd cave into cosmetic surgery... I think that's admitting to myself I'm ugly or something :'( No matter what.
    It's not admitting you're ugly, that's silly. It's just wanting your tits to stay in place and to smooth out the wrinkles a bit, dearie.

That's why I said "minor" plastic surgery and I wouldn't do it until I was well into my 40's.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomenclature View Post
    Being confined by your circumstances. Not being able to move around. I imagine with 6's it's more like, "What's holding me back is that x is the worst that could happen, and there might be something better that I missed" and with 7 it's like, "Why would that hold me back? C'est la vie. RIGHT NOW there isn't something better, so I'll go for it." I wouldn't know, though. Head and gut fixes aren't in my repertoire.

Which reminds me... someone said that a 3's internal landscape is one of apathy and emptiness-- that they need to do and be something because everything is inherently worth nothing. Life is inherently worth nothing. I am inherently worth nothing... if I don't DO SOMETHING. I don't know if that makes sense, but that's why I'm not afraid of death. The end of consciousness is to me nothingness, and I'm not afraid to accept that void. I don't need to find something to believe in after to ease my mind.

Call me a typical teenager, but I always imagined that I'd look young forever... in spite of my mom's leather skin and the fact that people tend to think she's my grandmother when they first see her.

hm not sure did I understand exactly what you said, but it reminded me of my view; I am not exactly afraid of death because i think there are so many more important things that are before death, on earth, that i concentrate on. Being dead has no value, i can not "win" at being dead, it's not material, and i guess this comes to the same as you said; i value material things, DOING, not "being" which is just abstract not a product.
    its the same issue with existence of God, Creator. Even if there is some Creator, I dont see why he should be important to me , i mean, he wont pay my bills, get my degree, make other people like me - what's the use of that creator ... just knowing something exists is useless if you can not sell it... i guess this is what's 3 about.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

I feel exactly this way too. Which is why I am starting my own business.......

You're definitely not sx lol..... I think my desire for surgeries is based on the fact that I don't want to be reminded that I am aging. I think it's me telling myself that I'M NOT AGING, and couldn't possibly be aging. Look in the mirror: I have no wrinkles, I'm still thin and in just as good or better shape than most 20 year olds, etc...... these are all ways of "pretending" I am not aging lol......
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    3w2
    Socionics
    SEE

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    It's not admitting you're ugly, that's silly. It's just wanting your tits to stay in place and to smooth out the wrinkles a bit, dearie.

That's why I said "minor" plastic surgery and I wouldn't do it until I was well into my 40's.
    For me, being born ugly doesn't mean much. It wasn't my choice. It wasn't merit. My bone structure isn't my character. It was pure chance. Aging to an extent means that I made bad decisions with my health, but it is otherwise inevitable. What's wrong with "admitting" something that happens to everyone? Moreso, if aging bothers me, why would I succumb to letting DOING something about it bother me?

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    self preservation people are all about self pampering and taking good care of one's self. if anything, we're the most likely to want to die beautiful
    Interesting. I'm fail at taking care of myself. >:

Quote Originally Posted by Chloé View Post
    I know I posted this as 7w8, but come to think of it, it could easily be interpreted as 3:

Consume until you bleed.
    I'll get down on my knees.
    Created by me, for me.
    It's a place called reality.

http://www.metrolyrics.com/more-lyrics-junkie-xl.html
    ISTP 3w2 SX/SO

MBTI
    ENFP

Haha well I say I won't get surgery now because I don't need it... It could all change in 40 years :| I just don't like admitting something like that to myself and to other people if they'd ask. "WHAT? YOU'RE NOT NATURALLY ATTRACTIVE? >"

I also wondered how my spouse could love me if I started looking like a grandma .__.

<3 But I always bank on how my female relatives turned out. They all look so fresh.
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."
    — Dr. Seuss