User Tag List

First 210111213 Last

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Boo View Post
    Cripes, I'm relating to both sides! Hahaha could mean I have a six fix because they're a "bundle of contradictions."
    I'm usually optimistic unless I'm unhealthy then I freak about everything lol. And OMG I totally relate to 7s humor: it works, people can't argue with me. Most of my tumblr rants were long and depressing or extremely funny and even self-deprecating. Interesting... which is the wing and which is the main :/ I feel too stimulation-oriented and "afraid to be alone with my fears" but I'm also too big of a worry-wart to be a 7.
    6w7's are humorous and self-deprecating too. The way that you are going about figuring out your enneagram type seems very 6w7..... You like to enlist the opinions of lots of people in doing so.
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by ICUP View Post
    You like to enlist the opinions of lots of people in doing so.
    Agreed.

This is a trait I also share, as a 6. I want so much feedback.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Agreed.

This is a trait I also share, as a 6. I want so much feedback.
    It's interesting in the way that a 6w5 doesn't do that. I have one trusted person I will ask if I am not sure, but for most things, I use resources (books, the net, etc.) and figure it out on my own. Some things that I'm not sure on and feel insecure about, I will drive myself crazy changing it until I just give up and pick something lol......but for the most part, I won't enlist or use other's feedback. 6w5's can be loners, and I lean that way.
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

It's interesting in the way that a 6w5 doesn't do that. I have one trusted person I will ask if I am not sure, but for most things, I use resources (books, the net, etc.) and figure it out on my own. Some things that I'm not sure on and feel insecure about, I will drive myself crazy changing it until I just give up and pick something lol......but for the most part, I won't enlist or use other's feedback. 6w5's can be loners, and I lean that way.
    It's also how I could tell I was ENFP not INFP...I really want to know what other people think and bounce it off and work it into my schema.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Viridian View Post
    Hmmm... I've heard 7w6 being called "The Entertainer". I can see quite a few reasons for that:

a) Being "the funnyman" in a group is a way of finding a niche within it while maintaining a light-hearted sense of fun;

b) By being goofy and entertaining, you can become okay with the idea of people laughing at you without sensing malice/ill intent from them;

c) Overstimulation and hedonism can be a means of escape from a psyche haunted by anxiety (the "sad clown" syndrome).

Thoughts?
    For me, it's just natural, I don't have a reason or think about it at all.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

MBTI
    IsFJ

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    For me, it's just natural, I don't have a reason or think about it at all.
    Yes, I understand, though I was talking more about unconscious motivations - I didn't mean 6w7s think "Well, time to deaden my anxiety with a bout of external stimulation again! "

6w7's are humorous and self-deprecating too.
    Rodney Dangerfield, patron saint of self-depreciating comedy, is usually typed as a 6w7. Self-deprecation can be a device to avoid harm by indicating you're harmless.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Viridian View Post
    Yes, I understand, though I was talking more about unconscious motivations - I didn't mean 6w7s think "Well, time to deaden my anxiety with a bout of external stimulation again! "

Rodney Dangerfield, patron saint of self-depreciating comedy, is usually typed as a 6w7. Self-deprecation can be a device to avoid harm by indicating you're harmless.
    Well, that's true. But the three listed still seem inapplicable (to me, though probably not everyone.) Reasoning is that I only act that way when healthy. When not as happy I tend to sink into my second 4ness mode and the humor gets a little more on the sarcastic and dark side. (In which case, I suppose the "sad clown" theory" could apply.)
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

MBTI
    ENFP

Anyone know about defense mechanisms? :3 I'm pretty familiar with them but how would someone use identification to avoid pain...?
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."
    — Dr. Seuss

MBTI
    ENFP

And another thing about subtypes -_- I was reading up on Sx/so and how it would apply with 6, and it says that their anxiety is less noticeable...I always thought I was obvious when nervous.
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."
    — Dr. Seuss

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Boo View Post
    And another thing about subtypes -_- I was reading up on Sx/so and how it would apply with 6, and it says that their anxiety is less noticeable...I always thought I was obvious when nervous.
    Maybe it would be even more obvious if you were sp?
    5 3 9