User Tag List

First 4567 Last

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    I had a boss once describe me as having a lot on common with his border collie... great whenever things were going on and there were problems to fix and someone needed to jump into the middle of things to sort them out... but if bored because nothing was going wrong, I would create extra work for myself by tearing things up and putting them back together in a different manner or would get in fights with people. If there's nothing challenging happening I get pretty bored
    You just hit the nail right on the head.
    I like to challenge myself through my hobbies also. I find that making things challenging makes it more worthwhile to learn things, and build up a resilient character. The longer you stick at something, the better you become. If you can withstand Hell, you can withstand anything. You know?
    Likes miss fortune liked this post

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI Te

Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    The world is a rough place, and instead of waiting for it to come to you, you go to it and take it on head on.
    Very well said. Quite a few years ago I was inside my head for a few days and came to this exact same conclusion. It completely changed me and grown 8 spikes very quickly. I've given the world a nice middle finger and since then my life is on a much better track.
    Health, Freedom, Fun.

"The only true power comes from within."
    "Honesty is a very expensive gift, Don't expect it from cheap people." - Warren Buffett
    "The truth will set you free - but first it will make you miserable." - James A. Garfield
    "It is far better for a man to go wrong in freedom than to go right in chains." - Thomas Henry Huxley
    "Failure is success if we learn from it." - Malcolm Forbes
    "Everything you want is on the other side of fear." - Jack Canfield

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Captain_Invincible View Post
    You just hit the nail right on the head.
    I like to challenge myself through my hobbies also. I find that making things challenging makes it more worthwhile to learn things, and build up a resilient character. The longer you stick at something, the better you become. If you can withstand Hell, you can withstand anything. You know?
    If I can take it, I can make it. This is 8 in a nutshell to me. I can't see life without challenges, it wouldn't be any kind of life to me and it's why I identify more with my enneagram than MBTI. The difference is - not everything is worthy of the challenge. I wouldn't stick around in a bad relationship or terrible job just because it's a challenge. And understanding that came with age for me, I wasn't always that way. But if a person or a thing is worth it to me - done. Nothing is going to stop me.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.
    Likes Captain_Invincible, Norqs liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    513 so/sp

From what I understand type 8 mindset is born from unfair life rather than just hard life.

You are what you love themightyfetus's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sx
    Socionics
    ESE Si

Don't we all have hard lives?
    Yet I know, if I stepped aside
    Released the controls, you would open my eyes
    That somehow, all of this mess
    Is just my attempt to know the worth of my life

Mercury - Sleeping At Last

3w2 // 6w7 // 9w1

Enneagram
    5w4 so/sx

Maybe yes and maybe no.

From what I saw and/or experience, 8's tend to carry others' weight, letting the "bad guys" deal with them. They were fascinated with the hard life, striving for excellence and everything, but knows when to stop and stay in their warm, comfortable blankets.
    5w4 - 8w9 - 4w5
    True Neutral

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE

Quote Originally Posted by themightyfetus View Post
    Of course. I would expand that because of the 8's temperament as challenger and challenge-seeker we make a difficult way for ourselves amongst a worldwide culture thats growing more touchy and PC.
    I N V I C T U S
    Likes Reborn Relic, Typh0n, Norqs liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    513 so/sp

I guess this is the right thread to post this question. Since I am wondering if this is a 8 thing or it is just me.

When you go thorugh the profiles of type 8 there is plenty of dark suff, fights/violence, defending people, messed up childhood, the person is not emotionally available and has trust issues. Something you may not relate openly or you don't want to relate to .... but then comes reality check.

Your early life was violent :
    Does "your country gets openly invaded when you are 6" count ? Or it is hidding in the basement from the airstrikes that counts ?

You preserve your personal and physical integrity :
    Is that when I was bullied/abused, but when I realized that no one cares I attacked the guy and beat him up.

You care and protect the others:
    Is that when I go to get the meds during snowstorm or the fact that I am the one that deals with bugs, worms, spiders ?

You are headstong:
    Is that when I threat authority as my equal ?

You want to make others happy ?
    Does grocery shopping and being a good cook count ? How about house rapairs ?

You are intimidating:
    Is that why my friends tease me with "Hi there serial killer !" !?

You are your own boss:
    Can working as a freelancer count ? Or the fact that I have serious and concret plans to become a business owner ?

You are conqueror:
    Is that how I started to play strategy video games at the age of 7 ? You know organising military operations, handling the budgets, invading countries, chasing spys .... ?

You have a problem with being vulnerable:
    Does the fact that I never had a GF counts ?

You can remain cool headed in tense/hard situations:
    Is that when I walked through mine fields without freaking out ?

You create followers:
    Is that when I go away but someone stil continues my "fight" ? Or they will do exacly as I desire because "my logic is good".

Etc.

It is as if your inner world and how you see yourself are out of touch with how you behave or others see you. Thoughts ?

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    8 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by mrcockburn View Post
    Yeah. I can totally buy 8w9's as more toned-down than the descriptions give credit for, like quiet strength. But 8w7's?? Explain yourselves, please.
    Here's the thing.... us 8s - 8w9 or 8w7 don't feel like we need to explain ourselves to anyone, especially people we don't care about!

MBTI
    INTJ
    Socionics
    Just Ni

Quote Originally Posted by themightyfetus View Post
    No.

None of us probably has an insanely difficult life because we still have a computer monitor to whiten our faces on.
    A majority of us have a home, a shower, a bed. A family. Friends. An identity. A name.
    Probably none of us have been sold as slaves.
    Maybe none of us saw our friends butchered.

Several third world countries, where many people keep dying each day.
    Where women are raped and tell no one.
    Where pedophiles aren't caught. Where dictators can fully get away with everything within their country.
    People mining in coal caves and getting sick from the fumes it produces.

Do you complain that school's too hard to wake up from each morning?
    That you constantly keep refreshing your social media to see notifications of being liked?
    Or you want all the latest technology and can't have it?

Don't you think of the mentally ill people trapped in their bodies?

For those of the latter category, you can quit social media with relatively little consequences.

I only think my life is hard because of the large part of it, I'm unwilling to make it better for myself. I'm trying to get rid of my shackles which I have a keychain on my belt for.

And to keep this on topic, sometimes we need 8's to help us wake up from our slumber. To have a leader and free those who are hurt and dismayed.
    F O R E V E R

When it matters, everyone's the same.

Likes Norqs liked this post