• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 3] Cool 3w4s?

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Wow, you're really an idiot :D or just a teenager.. its hard to figure precisely

you probably think its oh so cool to be oh so cold and "independent"..............................

you presume too much. the point of that post had nothing to do with being "cool" I'm actually kind of envious of people with more emotions sometimes. the truth is that I just do not care about most people. that's not even related to being independent. you should read into more possible interpretations before you make such assumptions

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Eep! Sorry if I offended you, Chloé - I took as an axiom that Elfboy was not a sociopath, I was just expressing my surprise at his response... :sorry: Threes are awesome. :cool:

you've never said anything offensive on this entire forum. you underestimate how nice you are?

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
you presume too much. the point of that post had nothing to do with being "cool" I'm actually kind of envious of people with more emotions sometimes. the truth is that I just do not care about most people. that's not even related to being independent. you should read into more possible interpretations before you make such assumptions

Reminds me of the Tin Man from The Wizard of Oz. :laugh:

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Reminds me of the Tin Man from The Wizard of Oz. :laugh:

ironic I don't know anything about him despite living in Kansas, yet you do.

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
How about we explore the healthy, integrated aspect of Threes/3w4s?

From this site:

Virtue
A true taskmaster, your virtue is your veracity and sense of industry. Self-confident, energetic, positive and enthusiastic, you generally excel at and reach whatever goal you set. Your efficiency makes you an overachiever who can accomplish a great deal. Often you are the model of success, and you have a natural ability to motivate and charm others. You love the natural high that the feeling of success can give and enjoy teaching others how to thrive and achieve their own goals. You are able to help others see what they need to do to polish their image and put their best foot forward.

From this one:

Average 3/4 wants to be admired for unique presentation, not mass-marketed stereotypes. Unlike the 3/2s, who want everybody to admire them, 3/4s are more interested in securing the attention of a select following. The introspection of the four-wing makes them less comfortable than 3/2 in social situations, although the powerful threeish social grace usually hides it.

Balanced 3/4 is gentle, compassionate, and smoothly effective. When three integrates to six and four integrates to one, a new sense of social responsibility combines with the wisdom that comes from emotional equanimity. Healthy 3/4s are effective at accomplishing real-world goals and intuitive enough to be good advisers. They make excellent business mentors or career counselors. They might be good at rescuing a failing company, or seeing that what is really needed is to break it up and sell the parts.

Extremely advanced 3/4 combines quiet self-assurance with deep emotional insight into other people's experiences. They may appear at the tops of large organizations devoted to improving life for everyone on the planet, or they may work quietly behind the scenes, spreading a sense of confidence and optimism among the members of their team. Wherever they go they leave behind a feeling of deep connection and belonging. They are subtle teachers who set an example of compassionate action.

From this one:

The Good: Many people admire the tireless go-ahead energy and high achievements of this type. They can be great leaders when healthy because they accomplish so much and they have all that energy.

The Better: Healthy THREES make room for their feelings and others’ feelings, even if this gets in the way of the goal. They know that they are valuable even when they are imperfect.

THREES with a FOUR wing (3w4) are more self-focused and tend to judge their successes by their creations or their own uniqueness. At some point, a healthy THREE with a Four Wing will want to work on himself. They become compassionate and deeply caring.

Enneagram Institute sez:

Level 1 (At Their Best): Self-accepting, inner-directed, and authentic, everything they seem to be. Modest and charitable, self-deprecatory humor and a fullness of heart emerge. Gentle and benevolent.

Some info on sp Threes...

Here:

Self-Preservation Subtype Threes try to be seen as self-reliant, autonomous, and hardworking, thus portraying an image of being a good or ideal person. The self-preservation Three may even create an image of having no image.

Here:

Self-pres/Sexual

This subtype also focuses on material success but is overall less concerned with status. These Threes often try to do it all, be the perfect mother or father for instance, while working many hours, and maintaining relationships with friends and family. This subtype is prone to double and triple booking the hours of the day. Their sense of style is quite apparent. You may see them having quite a talent for design and creativity especially, where it comes to their homes and appearance. They take their relationships seriously, but when unbalanced can become cold when their self-pres instinct is threatened in any way. With the social instinct being last, they can have a distrust of new people within their circle of influence. Their focus is not naturally in the social arena, so this can unnerve the self-pres/sexual Three.

Here:

[3 sp] Company Man (security): Happiness comes from financial success & material security. Identify with company (or family for moms). Job security & earning power = security. Relationships often take a back seat. Super-moms, workaholics.

And here:

With this subtype, the Three's ability to work hard, perform well, and maintain the right image are placed in the service of material success. With their considerable drive and energy, this sub-type can accomplish their goals of financial security, a nice home, etc. The danger is losing contact with one's real self in this effort, and becoming overly identified with one's role at work.

Hope that helps! :)

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
this doesn't sound very much like me, but thankyou for the information

guesswho

MBTI Type
ENTP
I might be a 3w4, the trouble is...I friggin hate 3s! they're emotionally weak, insecure, fake, dependent on others and shallow. so do any of you guys know any cool 3w4s that would make me feel any better in the event that I am indeed a 3w4 sp/sx?

:shock:

Nomenclature

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
3w2
I don't relate to the Enneagram Institute descriptions, either. Here's a 3w4 from PerC further talking about it:
The descriptions always miss it, the 3's inner world is an apathetic mass. I'd like to see a type 3 description that was actually written by a type 3. The superficial: glory hogging-cheerleading-material obsessed-competetive-douchebag, is simply a shitty stereotype.

Nothing has inherent value, items are used because of the image this item provides. No value is actually drawn from this item, whatever it may be. A 3 is seeking value because nothing has inherent value to the 3, so they have to be something.

But as Chloe said, I'm sure there are 3's who would argue that it's more about doing something than being something.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't relate to the Enneagram Institute descriptions, either. Here's a 3w4 from PerC further talking about it:

But as Chloe said, I'm sure there are 3's who would argue that it's more about doing something than being something.

I don't particularly relate to this one either, but thankyou

Coco

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
the truth is that I just do not care about most people.à

Lies, lies. :blush:

It's okay to play let's pretend we're a super cool villain with no emotions, but you're kind of overdoing it. =(

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Lies, lies. :blush:

It's okay to play let's pretend we're a super cool villain with no emotions, but you're kind of overdoing it. =(

I'm actually kind of envious of people with more emotions sometimes
I wasn't lying.

Coco

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
You seem way too aware of being a narcissistic asshole to really be one.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You seem way too aware of being a narcissistic asshole to really be one.

you seem to have no sense of exaggeration or theatrics

colourscientist

replying to the thread, one of my favourite 3s is wanda gerschwitz. intelligent, independent, responsible, resourceful, ambitious, elegant, best female character in a movie ever. ever.

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
Ooh! How about Christopher Walken? I've heard he's 3w4 and, let's be frank, his presence can light up a room. :cool:

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
perhaps the difference between 3w4 and 4w3 is:
3w4: I am superior because I am professional, intelligent and productive
4w3: I am inherently superior.

Hive

hypersane
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Fours feel superior because they suffer. They perceive others as not possessing the same emotional depth, other people are simply too shallow the feel what fours feel. They both prize this suffering because it makes them feel different and superior but at the same time deep down are envious of how others can be so careless and happy. The pain and intensity of emotion is what makes fours superior.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Fours feel superior because they suffer. They perceive others as not possessing the same emotional depth, other people are simply too shallow the feel what fours feel. They both prize this suffering because it makes them feel different and superior but at the same time deep down are envious of how others can be so careless and happy. The pain and intensity of emotion is what makes fours superior.

superior because they suffer? that doesn't make any sense lol
does this mean that all 4s are at least naturally emotional?

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
How come whenever Elfboy posts in a thread it gets so many replies? I want that kind of publicity too! xD