• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 3] Cool 3w4s?

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
agreed, I share a in common with 4w3, the thing that gets me though is the shame. 4s are said to be very aware of and expressive of their shame, I have virtually no shame about anything. perhaps it was there when I was younger, but today I virtually never feel shame, guilt or worthlessness. anger on the other hand, that one does pop up on occassion

Do you never feel guilty when you do someting wrong or hurt someone's feelings? Embarassment =/= guilt, though they are related, in a way.

Last edited:

Sparrow

Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Do you never feel guilty when you do someting wrong, or hurt someone's feelings? Embarassment =/= guilt, though they are related, in a way.

I was wondering the same thing, his response is always something along the lines of "oh it was just a vent ;)!" that doesn't make it ok. Advice for Elfboy, practice a little more tact and think before you speak/type. You come off as being ignorant, arrogant, and rude when you don't.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Do you never feel guilty when you do someting wrong or hurt someone's feelings? Embarassment =/= guilt, though they are related, in a way.

I don't.

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50

King's gift as a speaker is his ability to use cadence and word choice to overwhelm the listener like an ever-rising tide. He specifically wasn't a fiery speaker - Malcolm X, on the other hand, was.

Don't believe you. If you really didn't, you'd still say you did, because you didn't know any differently.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I was wondering the same thing, his response is always something along the lines of "oh it was just a vent ;)!" that doesn't make it ok. Advice for Elfboy, practice a little more tact and think before you speak/type. You come off as being ignorant, arrogant, and rude when you don't.

well, frankly I am a little arrogant. I was expecting a post like this from you sooner or later, although it was delivered much more kindly than I anticipated, thankyou for that. what I mean is that you seem to be under the impression that I am much nicer and caring than I really am, probably because you yourself are kind and well intentioned yourself (you certainly seem to be) and assume that others are as well (almost every FJ I've known has thought this about me and then later thought "you're heartless! I hate you!" you're much more understanding than that though). my persona is very raw and full of attitude and I am extremely choleric, and one of the misconceptions about choleric people is that they are often much less caring than they appear and care more for ambitions than they do people (it is assumed they are caring because their speech is straight forward and often very convicted). while I don't particularly care for people's emotions, I do try to make it a point to be polite (within limits), although I do vent on occassion, I am honest about it afterword. however, I am unapologetic unless someone can prove to me that i did something wrong, this does not include people misinterpreting what I say (which isn't the case with you, but it is for much of the forum).

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ

What do you feel, then, when you perceive that you've done something hurtful to someone you care about? I'm talking about what you feel, not how you respond - it'd pretty dang Eightish to pretend not to have a more vulnerable, less 100% secure side. :newwink:

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What do you feel, then, when you perceive that you've done something hurtful to someone you care about? I'm talking about what you feel, not how you respond - it'd pretty dang Eightish to pretend not to have a more vulnerable, less 100% secure side. :newwink:

I have to opposite problem. I described above how I feel, which is close to nothing, but how I respond is "okay, what's the damage? how do I fix it?" and that's about it. little to no emotion attached

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
I have to opposite problem. I described above how I feel, which is close to nothing, but how I respond is "okay, what's the damage? how do I fix it?" and that's about it. little to no emotion attached

Interesting... Sounds like Te to me, though I also find it strange, given how Fi users are sometimes described as cognizant of their emotional states, if not always accepting of the same.

Tell me something: which of these two descriptions resonates best with you?

a) The reactive types tend to want to get a reaction from others. When a reactive type is upset, they don't want the other person to stay calm. They want to see their negative emotions mirrored by others. They are often referred to as the "truth tellers of the enneagram" for the simple reason that reactive types can pick up on the more troubled aspects of a situation before other types do. If the positive outlook types err by focusing too much on the positive, reactive types can err by focusing too much on the negative. What they're seeing may, in fact, be there, but what comes across as barely perceptible to other types comes across like a flashing neon sign to the reactive types, and it's very difficult for them to not address it.

b) The competency types tends to want to sort through things logically and strategically, seeing feelings as distractions that keep them from dealing with things in an efficient manner. Unlike the reactive types, they don't want others to see when something has upset them, but rather maintain emotional control and deal with things as effectively as possible. If the positive outlook errs by looking at the positive side, and reactive types err at being too tuned in to the negative, the competency types err by not dealing with their emotions and authentic responses.

For a fleeting moment, I actually wondered ifyou were a sociopath. Can ya believe it? :laugh:

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Interesting... Sounds like Te to me, though I also find it strange, given how Fi users are sometimes described as cognizant of their emotional states, if not always accepting of the same.

Tell me something: which of these two descriptions resonates best with you?

a) The reactive types tend to want to get a reaction from others. When a reactive type is upset, they don't want the other person to stay calm. They want to see their negative emotions mirrored by others. They are often referred to as the "truth tellers of the enneagram" for the simple reason that reactive types can pick up on the more troubled aspects of a situation before other types do. If the positive outlook types err by focusing too much on the positive, reactive types can err by focusing too much on the negative. What they're seeing may, in fact, be there, but what comes across as barely perceptible to other types comes across like a flashing neon sign to the reactive types, and it's very difficult for them to not address it.

b) The competency types tends to want to sort through things logically and strategically, seeing feelings as distractions that keep them from dealing with things in an efficient manner. Unlike the reactive types, they don't want others to see when something has upset them, but rather maintain emotional control and deal with things as effectively as possible. If the positive outlook errs by looking at the positive side, and reactive types err at being too tuned in to the negative, the competency types err by not dealing with their emotions and authentic responses.

For a fleeting moment, I actually wondered ifyou were a sociopath. Can ya believe it? :laugh:

Edit: actually looking at it again, about 70% b, 30% a
Edit 2: bold; I believe I am mildy sociopathic I'm completely unphased by death. if my entire dorm burned down and everyone died except me, I wouldn't really be sad. the only think I would think would be "damn! I lost my computer and my wardrobe!"

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Edit 2: bold; I believe I am mildy sociopathic I'm completely unphased by death. if my entire dorm burned down and everyone died except me, I wouldn't really be sad. the only think I would think would be "damn! I lost my computer and my wardrobe!"

I think plenty of people think that way...you're just not supposed to admit it. :ninja:

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think plenty of people think that way...you're just not supposed to admit it. :ninja:

"supposed to's" are silly I keep stuff like that to my self for strictly self preservational reasons ie so I can continue leeching my parents until I have enough money to get business started. on the internet though, I frankly don't give a damn :laugh:

Chloe

Wow, you're really an idiot :D or just a teenager.. its hard to figure precisely

you probably think its oh so cool to be oh so cold and "independent"..............................

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
Based on your answer, you seem 3w4. Eights are somewhat pessimistic and more passionate than Threes, though they don't have the manic energy of the Six... 3w4 enjoy being professional and dealing with things without a lot of fuss, though they can be dramatic if the 4 wing is strong. They are also very pragmatic. :yes:

I take it you don't get well with your dorm mates? :(

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Wow, you're really an idiot :D or just a teenager.. its hard to figure precisely

you probably think its oh so cool to be oh so cold and "independent"..............................

I was thinking sociopathic after his response to Viridian about his lack of feelings, and in the long run therefore 3 is more fitting than 4 for a call, although with a heavy 4 wing. I was going to write about this anyway. On his previous thread here I asked Elfboy about his feelings over hitting a girl in the mouth, and he said his reaction was, "Woah, Niggah!" But that's not a feeling statement. Now someone else asks him about feelings, and he finally admits to having none, or at least no guilt or remorse.

Chloe

I was thinking sociopathic after his response to Viridian about his lack of feelings, and in the long run therefore 3 is more fitting than 4 for a call, although with a heavy 4 wing..

Why is 3 more fitting ??? because he is sociopath?? LOL!

I am a 3... thank you v much :p

and he is not a 3 at all. Only someone who knows shit about enneagram can call him a 3 , honestly.

Chloe

one obvious example why he isnt a Three is; 3 would have more goal-oriented thread. More oriented on product, he will probably open 20 more enneagram threads ... time is money to threes... we care more about the result than about process, and you would feel that vibe in thread. At least I do.

other reason is ; he really cares more about what he thinks than what others do

it's obvious to me since long time ago that he's an 8.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

No. Haven't I written against stereotyping in comment after comment here?

and he is not a 3 at all. Only someone who knows shit about enneagram can call him a 3 , honestly.

That is called ad hominem.

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ

Eep! Sorry if I offended you, Chloé - I took as an axiom that Elfboy was not a sociopath, I was just expressing my surprise at his response... :sorry: Threes are awesome. :cool:

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Based on your answer, you seem 3w4. Eights are somewhat pessimistic and more passionate than Threes, though they don't have the manic energy of the Six... 3w4 enjoy being professional and dealing with things without a lot of fuss, though they can be dramatic if the 4 wing is strong. They are also very pragmatic. :yes:

I take it you don't get well with your dorm mates? :(

I got along just fine with them, that was the point. I can relatively like someone but not care if they die