• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 3] Cool 3w4s?

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
But y u so mad?

I'm not really mad about the question, it was just stupid, but I don't like when people tell me what I would/would not have thought or assume that I would just believe what was socially acceptable or politically correct at the time. this is because I find people who only believe these things disgusting cockroaches who can't think for themselves

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
I'm not really mad about the question, it was just stupid, but I don't like when people tell me what I would/would not have thought or assume that I would just believe what was socially acceptable or politically correct at the time. this is because I find people who only believe these things disgusting cockroaches who can't think for themselves

That's nice. Must suck going through life hating most people.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That's nice. Must suck going through life hating most people.

it's more collective society than individual people. that just happens to be more thing that I hate ABOUT most people. I may still like them holistically if they have other redeeming qualities

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Sheesh keep on topic, if you guys want to argue bring it to PM -- nobody needs drama.

I think am I an awesome 3w4 sx/so because I just relate to this sooo much:

The focus of this subtype is less on material gain. The basic fear for this type is loss of intimate love. The sex/soc subtype, like the sex/self-pres, lacks trust in their intimates. Because they feel unworthy of true love, they don’t believe that anyone can love them solely for themselves. Therefore, they continuously strive to hold onto their intimates’ admiration, deluding themselves that if they are admired, they may become worthy of love. They do this through vigorous maintenance of their appearance, achievements, etc. Ageing is often especially difficult for this subtype.

This insecurity leads to an incessant need for reassurance from intimates, in the form of words of affirmation or time spent together (to the exclusion of others). This insatiable need often leads to intense jealousy, which only serves to distance others from them, thus erroneously affirming the Three's basic fear that they are unworthy of true love. While they share a lot with the sex/self-pres Three, the secondary social instinct adds an element of competition when it comes to questions of desirability. This subtype likes to be seen as the alpha male or alpha female.

When the sex/soc is healthier, they realize this competition is self-defeating. They can take comfort in the thought that another person’s success and attention do not take away their worth in any way.

Or 3w4 sx/sp

This subtype can appear almost Four-like. They can be dramatic and appear introspective, especially with the Four wing. There is an on and off quality to these Threes. They can be very emotional and then become very business like. It’s not uncommon to find this subtype in the arts, especially as actors, singers or performers. The outward sexual energy coupled with the secondary self-pres energy can cause these Threes to focus on projecting an image of themselves to the world. They will seek validation in the area of their persona. This type especially wrestles with the authenticity of the persona/image they create. On the one hand, the image protects the real self, but at the same time they hate the image they project. This subtype is likely to be in a constant state of flux when it comes to the image they project and for this reason, they run the risk of burn-out and disillusionment. They are more prone to depression than the other subtypes.

When healthier, these Threes begin to trust their intimate relationships, and begin to disentangle the real self from the flux of partial identities they create. They learn that being vulnerable is necessary if they are to get what they really want, which is to reveal the real self and trust that they are lovable even with their flaws.

Or maybe just an emotional 8w9.

This subtype is a very charismatic. They have a very assertive energy and they demand attention. The lust of the Eight combines with the sexual instinct to make one of the most fiery of the combinations of all of the enneatypes, especially if Seven is the dominant wing. Sexual/self-pres Eights aren’t afraid to tell you what they think. The "can do" attitude that the other subtypes have is now intertwined with an outward passionate storm of energy. The sexual/self-pres Eight will be similar to the self-pres/sex Eight with respect to interests and attachment to close friends and family, but the intensity level is augmented. Since the sexual instinct is first, these Eights usually don't let an opportunity pass by to connect with those they find interesting. They can sense the power in any situation and they like to challenge people. They can enjoy making others react to them, keeping others on their toes, to find out what makes them tick. They are likely to use humor to accomplish this. When sex/self-pres Eights are unbalanced, they are very quick to anger and have a difficult time controlling their impulses.
But this one above just reeks 8w7. I don't know how an 8w9 version looks like.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Welcome to Ne-world, my dear :wink:

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I seem to be attracted to ENFPs though. Ne + Fe just pisses the shit out of me :p

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
*pats the NTJ on the head*

We know. :smooch:

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Sheesh keep on topic, if you guys want to argue bring it to PM -- nobody needs drama.

Or 3w4 sx/sp

I relate about 10% of the first one, 30% to the second one and 50% to the 3rd one

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
it's more collective society than individual people. that just happens to be more thing that I hate ABOUT most people. I may still like them holistically if they have other redeeming qualities

Why does it matter if others know that you don't conform to societal norms?

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Why does it matter if others know that you don't conform to societal norms?

because they expect me to follow them unless I make it explicitly clear that I will make my own decisions. I went through a lot of vicious verbal confrontation before I learned to make my boundaries explicitly clear and how to make them so.

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
because they expect me to follow them unless I make it explicitly clear that I will make my own decisions. I went through a lot of vicious verbal confrontation before I learned to make my boundaries explicitly clear and how to make them so.

What do their expectations matter?

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What do their expectations matter?

their expectations matter because
1) they don't except you unconditionally and
2) worse, they sometimes try to force or pressure you into fullfilling their expectations.

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
their expectations matter because
1) they don't except you unconditionally and
2) worse, they sometimes try to force or pressure you into fullfilling their expectations.

1. No one accepts anyone unconditionally, except for mothers and their children (and even then, that's not 100%)
2. You can always say no. People generally respect that sort of thing.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
1. No one accepts anyone unconditionally, except for mothers and their children (and even then, that's not 100%)
2. You can always say no. People generally respect that sort of thing.

1) yes they do
2) actually, lots of people don't, although most people do if you're an 8 and you make your boundaries clear :yes:
3) it's a respect thing. no one is worthy of being my friend if they don't respect my right to independent opinions

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

Or 3w4 sx/sp

hmmm....:dry: why do sx-first descriptions always sound so much more glamorous than others?

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Coz we're awesome, thats why! :solidarity: :alttongue:

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
hmmm....:dry: why do sx-first descriptions always sound so much more glamorous than others?

because sx first people have more emotional, intense and exciting. so doms generally are light hearted and more agreeable and sp doms are more cool, collected and detached (although enneatype, mbti and personal choice all play big factors in these traits too)
PS: I answered your previous question to me btw

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
1) yes they do

Nope. It always comes with conditions, even if they're really far out there.

2) actually, lots of people don't, although most people do if you're an 8 and you make your boundaries clear :yes:

Those people aren't worth the time of day.

3) it's a respect thing. no one is worthy of being my friend if they don't respect my right to independent opinions

So now people have to prove their worth for friendship with you. That's nice.

Most people respect others' abilities to have independent opinions. Some may question your reasoning, however.