First 67891018 Last

Thread: Cool 3w4s?

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Chloé View Post
    i think my unhealthy tendency is to want to please what others want. for example, i had to pick psychology school (there are 2 colleges in my city), and i picked less popular one bc i had better vibe about it (more relaxed, easy going crowd, also, i get to be the best there without less effort than in more classy one ), but again, i am a bit bothered that some people think i didnt get into more popular one so i want them to know that i chose less popular one, and not that i had to go there
    so i want both.. but those are unhealthy tendencies, of course i have to do in the end what i want for myself in order to be happy.
    Oh yes. Whayt I meant is that 3s always know that "what they do" is cool but less that "they are" cool.

A 1's emphasis is on moral consistency. 3's to a greater extent try to embody PERSONAL perfection. Does anybody remember the "Lisa's Rival" episode?
    Good point there's also this episode:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_President_Wore_Pearls

If a tree falls in a forest and nobody heard it, did it really fall? If you lived your entire life and nobody knew you, did you really exist or matter? It's not quite the same thing, but the perspective is similar. To a 3, BEING great doesn't mean shit if you don't DO great things.
    Yes, you summarized it pretty well.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

brainheart

Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    I was going to say if not 4w5 then 5w4, the "Iconoclast." Lisa's ANSIR type is definitely "Philosopher." And her MBTI is INFP. If 1w2 then I would have to consider her rather neurotic. And she would have J not P.

The INFPs have a dichotomized attitude toward the world. They treat their immediate surroundings as less important than the larger, grander social causes which inform their value systems. These social causes and such bring out the appearance of a J when they judiciously apply themselves to the cause.
    Should I use this to type myself? The joke in my family is that I'm a total lisa simpson.

Elf, I already told you: my awesome 3w4 infp friend, who is nothing close to any of the stereotypes you listed.

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Nomenclature View Post
    A 1's emphasis is on moral consistency. 3's to a greater extent try to embody PERSONAL perfection. Does anybody remember the "Lisa's Rival" episode?

But to be clear, that isn't to say that 3's all sabotage-- it's just one example of how competitiveness can manifest.

There's a difference between needing to feel useful and be acknowledged for the shit you do, and living for admiration.

If a tree falls in a forest and nobody heard it, did it really fall? If you lived your entire life and nobody knew you, did you really exist or matter? It's not quite the same thing, but the perspective is similar. To a 3, BEING great doesn't mean shit if you don't DO great things.

Following, I have two relevant quotes; one from John Green and one a dialogue from Kyle XY between its namesake and his counterpart.

Btw:

Uhm, no. Emphasis on versatility and self-sufficiency is emotional weakness or co-dependency? Not quite.

Happens in all types. Not 3-specific.

I'm more real than most of the fucktards at my school, and I'm to other students an icon of not just raising the bar and pushing myself, but also noncomformity as a side effect of having been true to myself and standing my ground, whether for my causes, or for myself in the face of bullshit.

And no, I'm certainly not posting in this thread just so you can feel better about yourself. But if someone wants to make an argument that I'm not a 3 or ISTP, I'll happily make a "type me" thread.
    sorry if I offended you, I was totally venting when I made this thread title
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

brainheart

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    Lisa in not a 4w5 at all. She is a 3w4 So/Sp. She's not into melancholy, does'nt feel like there was somrthing deficient in her image. She is upbeat, energetic, optimistic and idealistic. 4s dispressed idealist, 3w4 are optimistic idealist, Lisa is a compulsive hard worker who jump from task to task, from result to result, embrace causes and adopt codes and behavior of every group she wants to adhere, does'nt matter if she is finally often disapointed, she does'nt imagine the possibility to be disapointed.

And that is a totally different orientation from 4. 4s are moody, and perpetually disatisfied about what they have, always feeling that the best is somewhere else. Lisa is not moody, and she embrace what is motivating front to her quicky, without any doybt.

She's not a 1w2, because despite she is a very moral person, she has not specific anger issues. Lisa is focused on result. 1s are focused on the right way to do things, about always doing things right, wich make them anxious and angry about those who are not as strict on themselves than them. Lisa have no ressentment at all against all the dilletants around her. They usually do one thing at a time, one right thing at a time. Lisa is involed on tons of things at the same time, and in everything she does, she cares about results results wich can be performed.

That's why she likes school, because she is noted, I emember one episode where the school is closed, and she must stay at home without anything to do. Wich is the hardest sthing for a 3, and Lisa become histeric, she needs to be noted and even supplies Marge to give her an exercise, she need to permorm task and results, and resent strongly when people are more succesful than her. She is concerned about succes, as a Social 3, she's typycally interested with integrate elititist groups like Harvard or school for overgifted.

She is easyly trapped by what gratify her ego and her image at the point to lose herself and be maniopulated. Many episodes, like "the president wore pearls" (XV;3) for example, show that she is a 3. As a So-first, she's naturally more concerned with the larger world than the limited area of the nuclear family. But for her MBTI type, it's pretty clear that she's ENFJ.
    She's not like that at all in the earliest seasons. She likes knowledge for the sake of knowledge, is made fun of at school, philosophizes nonstop and plays the blues on her sax. In other words, she's a fictional character whose personality changes for the sake of an episode.

In this non-achieving concept you have of 4w5s, I would recommend you strike sylvia plath from your list of em. She was a major school star.

this got me laughing a lot, because i didnt even understand at first (read) HOW can one BE great if s/he doesnt DO great things.
    you cant just BE great... you are what you DO.....

i guess my enneagram fixation has much greater power over me than i've thought!

as for cool 3s, i must admit that 3s are my favorite people (allong with 8s), because even those that i despise because they're fake in public eye, are incredibly genuine in person. no matter mbti type, i know a lot of 3s (ENTP,ESTJ,ENFJ) who have something in common : quest for truth and honesty. they can be very obsessed with being true to themselves because they feel their fake tendencies (all 3 from example are very obsessed with being themselves, even ESTJ, and ENTP guy really became one of the most not-fake people i know)
    Also, what i like about 3s i know, is that they are reliable more than most other types. in closer relationships. once you're in, you're in.

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by brainheart View Post
    She's not like that at all in the earliest seasons. She likes knowledge for the sake of knowledge, is made fun of at school, philosophizes nonstop and plays the blues on her sax.
    So what? Elsewhere, she's like that during the entire show. Do we need to be 4w5 to do that?

n other words, she's a fictional character whose personality changes for the sake of an episode.
    No. She is a consistent character with a constant persoanlity.

In this non-achieving concept you have of 4w5s, I would recommend you strike sylvia plath from your list of em. She was a major school star.
    I did'nt say 4w5s are non-achivers, simply that their mode of attention is totally different that the mode of attention of Lisa.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    I might be a 3w4, the trouble is...I friggin hate 3s! they're emotionally weak, insecure, fake, dependent on others and shallow. so do any of you guys know any cool 3w4s that would make me feel any better in the event that I am indeed a 3w4 sp/sx?
    You friggin hate 3's? Well geesh, thanks your such a doll . 3's aint so bad I kinda like being a 3w4, I am driven, outgoing, etc, etc., and I am definitley not fake and shallow. How many 3's do you know? Wowzers. Anyway here is some info for ya (from enneagraminstitute.com), which includes good stuff about 3's !!

"Type Three in Brief

Threes are self-assured, attractive, and charming. Ambitious, competent, and energetic, they can also be status-conscious and highly driven for advancement. They are diplomatic and poised, but can also be overly concerned with their image and what others think of them. They typically have problems with workaholism and competitiveness. At their Best: self-accepting, authentic, everything they seem to be—role models who inspire others.

Examples: Bill Clinton, Oprah Winfrey, Jane Pauley, Michael Landon, Tony Robbins, Tom Cruise, Barbra Streisand, Sharon Stone, Madonna, Shirley MacLaine, Sting, Paul McCartney, Dick Clark, Whitney Houston, Ted Danson, Michael Jordan, Shania Twain, Sylvester Stallone, Arnold Schwarznegger, Billy Dee Williams, Kathy Lee Gifford, Truman Capote, O.J. Simpson, and Barack Obama."

Isn't Leanardo DiCaprio a 3w4 too? I saw that floating around on the internet somewhere .
    Fe | Ni | Se | Ti ... 3w4 ... Lawful Neutral ... Johari -Nohari

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
    You friggin hate 3's? Well geesh, thanks your such a doll . 3's aint so bad I kinda like being a 3w4, I am driven, outgoing, etc, etc., and I am definitley not fake and shallow. How many 3's do you know? Wowzers. Anyway here is some info for ya (from enneagraminstitute.com), which includes good stuff about 3's !!

"Type Three in Brief

Threes are self-assured, attractive, and charming. Ambitious, competent, and energetic, they can also be status-conscious and highly driven for advancement. They are diplomatic and poised, but can also be overly concerned with their image and what others think of them. They typically have problems with workaholism and competitiveness. At their Best: self-accepting, authentic, everything they seem to be—role models who inspire others.

Examples: Bill Clinton, Oprah Winfrey, Jane Pauley, Michael Landon, Tony Robbins, Tom Cruise, Barbra Streisand, Sharon Stone, Madonna, Shirley MacLaine, Sting, Paul McCartney, Dick Clark, Whitney Houston, Ted Danson, Michael Jordan, Shania Twain, Sylvester Stallone, Arnold Schwarznegger, Billy Dee Williams, Kathy Lee Gifford, Truman Capote, O.J. Simpson, and Barack Obama."

Isn't Leanardo DiCaprio a 3w4 too? I saw that floating around on the internet somewhere .
    the OP was kind of a vent cuz I was scared of being a 3
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Leonardo DiCarpio is a 7w6 So/Sx.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    the OP was kind of a vent cuz I was scared of being a 3
    Dont be scurred embrace your 3'ness!
    Fe | Ni | Se | Ti ... 3w4 ... Lawful Neutral ... Johari -Nohari