Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Uwace View Post
    How come whenever Elfboy posts in a thread it gets so many replies? I want that kind of publicity too! xD
    1) my threads are much older than yours, they gain momentum
    2) I'm very polarizing, this means that I indirectly force people to have very strong opinions and responses to me and they feel compelled to express them
    3) my thread topics are interesting (at least I think so, and my thread post counts seem to support this)
    4) many of my threads are controversial, this also provokes response, debate and intellectual stretching
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Fair enough, I'll just get you to post in my threads then :P
    C#2-C#5-F#5
    3 octaves, 2 notes and 1 semitone
    Supported range: F#2-F#4-C#5

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    superior because they suffer? that doesn't make any sense lol
    does this mean that all 4s are at least naturally emotional?
    Yes, their suffering is evidence that no one understands them, hence they feel both superior and envious at the same time.

Fours identify strongly with their emotions and seek to experience them instensly; "normal" feelings won't do. Self-pres fours are "dauntless" and can appear the opposite of selfpreservation. They promote risk and flirt with death for the sake of intensity and fear of a mundane life lacking strong emotional experiences. They can also be very aggressive. They take many chances and plunge headfirst into danger, and are not very much like the usual sp-dom. If I have understood you correctly, you don't seem to take chances with money and avoid anything which can compromise your physical well-being.

And oh, in my opinion 3w4 for you is a better fit than 4w3 or 8w9. This is mostly based on vibes though so I could be terribly wrong. But since you don't seem to identify too much with your emotions and your vibe is completly different from other 8w9's I've encountered, I actaully think 3w4 would be a pretty good guess. 3's mistyped as 8's and vice versa is pretty common.

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Why did I first read the thread title as cool jews? Hmh. That's my own problem I guess
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by unsung View Post
    Yes, their suffering is evidence that no one understands them, hence they feel both superior and envious at the same time.

Fours identify strongly with their emotions and seek to experience them instensly; "normal" feelings won't do. Self-pres fours are "dauntless" and can appear the opposite of selfpreservation. They promote risk and flirt with death for the sake of intensity and fear of a mundane life lacking strong emotional experiences. They can also be very aggressive. They take many chances and plunge headfirst into danger, and are not very much like the usual sp-dom. If I have understood you correctly, you don't seem to take chances with money and avoid anything which can compromise your physical well-being.

And oh, in my opinion 3w4 for you is a better fit than 4w3 or 8w9. This is mostly based on vibes though so I could be terribly wrong. But since you don't seem to identify too much with your emotions and your vibe is completly different from other 8w9's I've encountered, I actaully think 3w4 would be a pretty good guess. 3's mistyped as 8's and vice versa is pretty common.
    3w4 is possible, but it's the core motivation of 3s that makes me think otherwise.
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Chibi Seme
    Sunburst!
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

How does this sound?

Self-Preservation Threes: "Security"

Financial security is of the utmost importance to me.
    I need to keep physically fit and stay in good health.
    I continually learn new skills and keep up on the latest developments in my field in order to achieve and hang onto my career goals.
    I'm a good team player; I try to get along and stay away from conflict.
    I rarely take time off; when I go on vacations, I often take my work along.
    To me success doesn't necessarily mean being a leader or the center of attention. The person I'm trying to compete with and please is me.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

How does this sound?

Self-Preservation Threes: "Security"
    Financial security is of the utmost importance to me.
    yes. if by security you mean enough money to fund my ideal lifestyle without running into any financial issues.

I need to keep physically fit and stay in good health.
    yes. I try hard to take good care of myself

I continually learn new skills and keep up on the latest developments in my field in order to achieve and hang onto my career goals.
    yes, but it's not a natural tendency.

I'm a good team player; I try to get along and stay away from conflict.
    no.

I rarely take time off; when I go on vacations, I often take my work along
    Hell no! lol I go crazy if I can't relax for at least a few hours a day. during this time, this means no work and no thinking about work. one of the things I envy most about 3s is their ability to work as long as they need to and be extremely disciplined with their time.

To me success doesn't necessarily mean being a leader or the center of attention. The person I'm trying to compete with and please is me.
    sort of. I certainly don't compete with other people, but I don't compete a lot with myself either. success to me means
    1) being able to do whatever I want (save flying, have magical powers and being immortal lol)
    2) no one has any leverage over me. people using leverage on me makes me want to choke them
    3) eliminate urgency from my life completely. I hate being rushed. I will still be investing at this point, but it won't be "you have to do this so that you can eat tomorrow" like it is now. I absolutely hate working to avoid punishment and I naturally move at a slow pace with things (paradoxically, I actually do get a lot done when I'm allowed to work slowly)
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Chibi Seme
    Sunburst!

MBTI
    ¥¤
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

Fours feel superior because they suffer. They perceive others as not possessing the same emotional depth, other people are simply too shallow the feel what fours feel. They both prize this suffering because it makes them feel different and superior but at the same time deep down are envious of how others can be so careless and happy. The pain and intensity of emotion is what makes fours superior.
    This confirms I'm not a 4...to me, being like that is just being histrionic with a "victim mentality". If you're suffering, don't wallow in it, DO something about it.
    3w4-9w1-?w6 (nearly headless nick)
    sp/so
    Lawful Evil

COCKBURN:

http://sundrytimes.files.wordpress.c...tomic-bomb.jpg

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Uwace View Post
    How come whenever Elfboy posts in a thread it gets so many replies? I want that kind of publicity too! xD
    People seem to enjoy being entertained by irrationalities and unhealthy, bizarre behaviors. Look at Prince (4), and/or many other celebrities lives, glorified in People, Star magazines, etc. Generally, a certain percentage of people will buy these magazines for the same reason people "follow" elfboy here, because they find him whimsical, strange, and/or entertaining in some way.
    Me, I generally try it out but realize quickly what is going on and then it fails to be entertaining any longer. He is right in the way that he forces responses by writing things that are controversial. The same techniques Prince uses in order to ellicit a response...... There are some celebrities that don't use these techniques, and actually have a more genuine and consistent following, and they command more respect (Jon Bon Jovi, for instance).
    I think what alerts me that elfboy is indeed unhealthy is that he is more attached to elliciting a response, whether it be positive or negative, than becoming successful and well-liked. He doesn't really care about doing it the healthy way. He just wants a quick-fix, through attention-whoring, and it's sending him in the wrong direction, towards narcissism and away from real, true success and happiness. I find it sad that people continue to feed it, but it's like that irl as well.
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by ICUP View Post
    People seem to enjoy being entertained by irrationalities and unhealthy, bizarre behaviors. Look at Prince (4), and/or many other celebrities lives, glorified in People, Star magazines, etc. Generally, a certain percentage of people will buy these magazines for the same reason people "follow" elfboy here, because they find him whimsical, strange, and/or entertaining in some way.
    Me, I generally try it out but realize quickly what is going on and then it fails to be entertaining any longer. He is right in the way that he forces responses by writing things that are controversial. The same techniques Prince uses in order to ellicit a response...... There are some celebrities that don't use these techniques, and actually have a more genuine and consistent following, and they command more respect (Jon Bon Jovi, for instance).
    I think what alerts me that elfboy is indeed unhealthy is that he is more attached to elliciting a response, whether it be positive or negative, than becoming successful and well-liked. He doesn't really care about doing it the healthy way. He just wants a quick-fix, through attention-whoring, and it's sending him in the wrong direction, towards narcissism and away from real, true success and happiness. I find it sad that people continue to feed it, but it's like that irl as well.
    do you want me to just post boring comments that everyone agrees with? revolution comes to fruition by the hands of the disagreeable and the unreasonable. if you want something to happen, you need to make it happen. political correctness and agreeableness for their own sake are for the weak and the ignorant who are dependent on others to provide their thoughts, their security and their actions for them. there is something to be said of genuine cooperation, coming to consensus on a problem and working together to fix it, but I will always agree if there is a problem with the status quo and I have no problem pointing it out to anyone. to discourage disagreement is to discourage innovation.
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Chibi Seme
    Sunburst!