User Tag List

First 41213141516 Last

Thread: Cool 3w4s?

MBTI
    IsFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    PS: unlike 3, I have no ego against being a 4w3, they're pretty bad ass sometimes
    So are Threes, even if they are more overt in their badassery. I've seen the mythological Hercules typed as a Three. (The Disney version seems more 2w3-ish)

Remember, discovering one's type is partially about suspending judgement and seeing the flaws in ourselves that can become personal quagmires.

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Viridian View Post
    So are Threes, even if they are more overt in their badassery. I've seen the mythological Hercules typed as a Three. (The Disney version seems more 2w3-ish)

Remember, discovering one's type is partially about suspending judgement and seeing the flaws in ourselves that can become personal quagmires.
    I actually did thorough research into 3 precisely because I had a bias against them
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Narcissistic streaks wouldn't be characteristic of 8s, would it?
    C#2-C#5-F#5
    3 octaves, 2 notes and 1 semitone
    Supported range: F#2-F#4-C#5

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

definitely an Aristocrat but I've made too many mistakes typing off of labels in the past. gut center describes me much better than heart center as well. I could go without appreciation (the need of the heart center) for the rest of my life, however, I can't go without exceptance (the need of the gut center). I think I'm far too unemotional to be a 4w3, even if I do have their fire and intensity (which are also present in 8). 4w3s and 8s seem to have similar motivations though. 4s wants to be able to be themselves, 8s want to be able to be themselves and both can get temperamental when people get in the way of that.
    PS: unlike 3, I have no ego against being a 4w3, they're pretty bad ass sometimes
    It's the fire and intensity that constitute the "emotional" aspects of the 4w3. Just because someone is emotional, doesn't make that person totally maudlin. Eights show intensity without fire: they're more irresistible, unceasing forces than the dynamos that Fours can be. Fours are also more drawn toward the beautiful things in life than Eights are, who prefer the utilitarian.

A stressed-out Four disintegrates to a negative Two, which also includes negative Eight traits. This might be where you're identifying with the Eight's qualities.

Labels can be useful when you understand fully what the underlying archetype represents.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    It's the fire and intensity that constitute the "emotional" aspects of the 4w3. Just because someone is emotional, doesn't make that person totally maudlin. Eights show intensity without fire: they're more irresistible, unceasing forces than the dynamos that Fours can be. Fours are also more drawn toward the beautiful things in life than Eights are, who prefer the utilitarian.

A stressed-out Four disintegrates to a negative Two, which also includes negative Eight traits. This might be where you're identifying with the Eight's qualities.

Labels can be useful when you understand fully what the underlying archetype represents.
    I'm just not very emotional as a person. I have fire and passion, but they're not really "emotions" so to speak as much as just sheer gut energy. also, my 2-ish comes out more when I'm healthy than stressed. I'm a caniving, veangeful bitch under stress. 4w3 is definitely a possibility though
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Chibi Seme
    Sunburst!
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Uwace View Post
    Narcissistic streaks wouldn't be characteristic of 8s, would it?
    sure it can be. just look at most rappers or entrepreneurs, they think they're the shit
    PS: I'm talking about the healthy kind of narcissism in this instance
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Chibi Seme
    Sunburst!

MBTI
    ¥¤
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

I'm definitely going to have to agree with OMT and suggest 4w3 as a possibility. I seem to be unanimously typed as a 3, and the only similarities we have is that we're constantly confused about our own types.

I'm not even into basketball, and being a decade older probably wouldn't have changed that - but I see the point that Onemoretime was making with the Michael Jordan reference: awesome 3's abound. No mind-rape going on. So no need to cause a scene.
    3w4-9w1-?w6 (nearly headless nick)
    sp/so
    Lawful Evil

COCKBURN:

http://sundrytimes.files.wordpress.c...tomic-bomb.jpg

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post

really?
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Chibi Seme
    Sunburst!

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by mrcockburn View Post
    I'm definitely going to have to agree with OMT and suggest 4w3 as a possibility. I seem to be unanimously typed as a 3, and the only similarities we have is that we're constantly confused about our own types.

I'm not even into basketball, and being a decade older probably wouldn't have changed that - but I see the point that Onemoretime was making with the Michael Jordan reference: awesome 3's abound. No mind-rape going on. So no need to cause a scene.
    agreed, I share a in common with 4w3, the thing that gets me though is the shame. 4s are said to be very aware of and expressive of their shame, I have virtually no shame about anything. perhaps it was there when I was younger, but today I virtually never feel shame, guilt or worthlessness. anger on the other hand, that one does pop up on occassion
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Chibi Seme
    Sunburst!

MBTI
    ¥¤
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

agreed, I share a in common with 4w3, the thing that gets me though is the shame. 4s are said to be very aware of and expressive of their shame, I have virtually no shame about anything. perhaps it was there when I was younger, but today I virtually never feel shame, guilt or worthlessness. anger on the other hand, that one does pop up on occassion
    No shame? Do you ever get embarrassed when you're having a bad hair day, or when someone you're with does something embarrassing in public? (Causing a scene, burping out loud, just making you look bad, etc)
    3w4-9w1-?w6 (nearly headless nick)
    sp/so
    Lawful Evil

COCKBURN:

http://sundrytimes.files.wordpress.c...tomic-bomb.jpg