User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Default How do you deal with an aggressive 8 in the work place?

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hS6EOCYXDxI&feature=related"]scary 8[/YOUTUBE]

type 8`s personality. you can just feel the intensity coming off of them. I think, I have ran into this personality, Im sure, at work.

The video gave me a good feel about the personality. what Im looking for is effective low to no conflict ways to deal with aggressive 8`s in the work place, as a your Boss or Coworker?(not because Im currently working with one, but I would like to find best ways to work with this personality) the ones that are close to unhealthy
    Last edited by Patches; 07-26-2012 at 09:10 PM.

To be frank, these people don't appear intense at all. Maybe I'm immune as an 8?

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Jenaphor View Post
    To be frank, these people don't appear intense at all. Maybe I'm immune as an 8?
    I was over dramatizing 8`s but I sincerely do think that they would be the type to run avoid when they are having a bad day

Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Hmm, I'm not sure as to how -- I find myself steamrolling people without knowing it (lol only feedback helps).

lol this is so fail I'm a type 8 and I don't know how to go about this xDDD

But in the helen palmer tapes there is mention of 8s and control, and trust -- if they can trust you then you'll be left alone. I think for now it's only 6 weeks into class so I'm in everybody's faces and telling them it's not supposed to be done this way and what not because they just can't be trusted to do things the way I would like it to be.

If I'm angry (don't know about other 8s) I want my point heard. I want to make my point and you can't cut me off xD Once I've made it I'll still want it my way but if you can somehow reason and keep reiterating your stand then it will be taken into consideration.
    C#2-C#5-F#5
    3 octaves, 2 notes and 1 semitone
    Supported range: F#2-F#4-C#5

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Uwace View Post
    Hmm, I'm not sure as to how -- I find myself steamrolling people without knowing it (lol only feedback helps).

lol this is so fail I'm a type 8 and I don't know how to go about this xDDD

But in the helen palmer tapes there is mention of 8s and control, and trust -- if they can trust you then you'll be left alone. I think for now it's only 6 weeks into class so I'm in everybody's faces and telling them it's not supposed to be done this way and what not because they just can't be trusted to do things the way I would like it to be.

If I'm angry (don't know about other 8s) I want my point heard. I want to make my point and you can't cut me off xD Once I've made it I'll still want it my way but if you can somehow reason and keep reiterating your stand then it will be taken into consideration.
    I relate to this a lot. I check the shit out of people for interrupting me (even if they're much older, much more powerful or in a position of authority).
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Simply put, 8's are like bulls. When they get angry, they pretty much lose all of their common sense. The trick is to always remain calm and collected around an 8. If they start screaming and cussing you out, just smile and make a joke out of it. NEVER give in to them or show weakness. If you want to avoid getting into a confrontation with them, just be amiable and agreeable and stay on their good side as much as you can.
    We cast away priceless time in dreams, born of imagination, fed upon illusion, and put to death by reality. - Judy Garland

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbringer View Post
    Simply put, unhealthy 8's are like bulls. When they get angry, they pretty much lose all of their common sense. The trick is to always remain calm and collected around an 8. If they start screaming and cussing you out, just smile and make a joke out of it. NEVER give in to them or show weakness. If you want to avoid getting into a confrontation with them, just be amiable and agreeable and stay on their good side as much as you can.
    fixed
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

how much time in conflict with this personality, should I expect to waste?
    I`d rather not have to stop and fight over mini details. is there a way
    ease through the fighting, even with unhealthy 8`s and move on to the
    things that need to get done quickly?

MBTI
    GONE

Hmm...not necessarily about 8's but from what I've read about them and my own experience with 'strong openly ambitious personalities' - you have to deal with 8's head on. They will respect your expertise/qualifications and firmness and they can sense when you will back down or are intimidated. People like this will steamroll you or become real difficult if they see they can roll you. So don't be that person. You are the boss. Act like it. Be respectful but firm like a boss. Have a clear reasoning for why decisions are made, listen to what they are saying not how they are saying it. But at the end of the day, certain decisions are not up for debate and decision making is not a democracy and sometimes sometimes "this is the decision that was made I'm just telling" is all you need. It's true you want to stay on the 'good side' of difficult people but do NOT do it at the expense of common sense, team goals, or other relationships otherwise they will have you in their pocket, not the other way around. Some people have a lot of bark but part of being a boss is getting the job done.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by knight View Post
    how much time in conflict with this personality, should I expect to waste?
    I`d rather not have to stop and fight over mini details. is there a way
    ease through the fighting, even with unhealthy 8`s and move on to the
    things that need to get done quickly?
    We usually forget what has happened after we blew our fuse.

But as for the duration of the conflict it depends how long a point he is going to make.
    C#2-C#5-F#5
    3 octaves, 2 notes and 1 semitone
    Supported range: F#2-F#4-C#5