MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Jenaphor View Post
    Ha ha...poet and didn't know it!

No need to drop your guard and be wide open with an 8 in the workplace. If anything, I'd recommend against dropping your guard since motivations lean towards "for the good of the company and the 8" or some such combination. Just respond in as succinct and informative manner as possible without dropping your guard and you'll be fine.

Any advice beyond this is difficult and where MBTI might help more than the enmasse 8's. ESTJ's are prone to micromanage. Many ENTJs hate to micromanage and if we've gotten to that level, it means we're seriously doubting your competence and you're probably going to get fired very soon.

There's no doubt it takes two to tango but since the 8's everyone's talking about aren't here to amend or defend their behaviours, I can't suggest anything to them.
    But, but... I just want to be accepted by the eight and share my deepest emo emotions with everyone around me, including the eight. Do tell us there is a way to drop our guard around the 8 in the workplace. Do tell us. There must be a way.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    But, but... I just want to be accepted by the eight and share my deepest emo emotions with everyone around me, including the eight. Do tell us there is a way to drop our guard around the 8 in the workplace. Do tell us. There must be a way.
    Bend over darling, I think I know you!

MBTI
    GONE

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    i dunno though. i feel like 8-6 is usually a bad combo. 8 likes to push and 6 hates being pushed. i have no desire to control anyone until they get up in my face. so it kind of works out badly :/
    Yeah, as a 6 wing myself I think I probably have a more visceral/gut reaction to people who I feel are abrasive or poking me. I don't ever feel a need to 'control' per sae even in response to others.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbringer View Post
    You know, I don't know how common you think a healthy type is, but they're pretty rare, especially if you're going with the Riso-Hudson descriptions (in that case, they're a pipe dream). The majority of people tend to straddle in the average range and cross over into the healthy range when they're really happy or into the unhealthy range when stressed out.
    Way to bring down the party. ;_; and LOL. Those 'high functioning' type descriptions are pretty awesome though right? Let's all project and pretend we're the highest function of our type. Ignorance is bliss people!

And you're welcome Knight
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Bumpity.

Quote Originally Posted by knight View Post
    [YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hS6EOCYXDxI&feature=related"]scary 8[/YOUTUBE]

type 8`s personality. you can just feel the intensity coming off of them. I think, I have ran into this personality, Im sure, at work.

The video gave me a good feel about the personality. what Im looking for is effective low to no conflict ways to deal with aggressive 8`s in the work place, as a your Boss or Coworker?(not because Im currently working with one, but I would like to find best ways to work with this personality) the ones that are close to unhealthy
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

xxEnoMorph

Tell them to "blow me"

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so

Worked with an 8. ENTJ nonetheless lol. I don't know how the MBTI may differ from any other 8 but what I've learned is standing up to them is what has earned clout.
    "..And the eight and final rule: If this is your first time at Fight Club, you have to fight."
    'Men are meant to be with women. The rest is perversion and mental illness.'

MBTI
    ISTP

I'm a 9 and I actually tend to get along best with 8s and 8-wingers. Then again, I have two 8 wings in my trifix, so I relate to what the people in the video were saying quite a bit. I know that if I don't watch out, I can (and have) steamroll people. I find that the best way to deal with 8s is to just be straight up/direct with them and treat them exactly the way you want them to treat you.