• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 8] How do you deal with an aggressive 8 in the work place?

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Ha ha...poet and didn't know it!

No need to drop your guard and be wide open with an 8 in the workplace. If anything, I'd recommend against dropping your guard since motivations lean towards "for the good of the company and the 8" or some such combination. Just respond in as succinct and informative manner as possible without dropping your guard and you'll be fine. :)

Any advice beyond this is difficult and where MBTI might help more than the enmasse 8's. ESTJ's are prone to micromanage. Many ENTJs hate to micromanage and if we've gotten to that level, it means we're seriously doubting your competence and you're probably going to get fired very soon.

There's no doubt it takes two to tango but since the 8's everyone's talking about aren't here to amend or defend their behaviours, I can't suggest anything to them.

But, but... I just want to be accepted by the eight and share my deepest emo emotions with everyone around me, including the eight. :cry: Do tell us there is a way to drop our guard around the 8 in the workplace. Do tell us. There must be a way.

rav3n

But, but... I just want to be accepted by the eight and share my deepest emo emotions with everyone around me, including the eight. :cry: Do tell us there is a way to drop our guard around the 8 in the workplace. Do tell us. There must be a way.
Bend over darling, I think I know you!

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
i dunno though. i feel like 8-6 is usually a bad combo. 8 likes to push and 6 hates being pushed. i have no desire to control anyone until they get up in my face. so it kind of works out badly :/

Yeah, as a 6 wing myself I think I probably have a more visceral/gut reaction to people who I feel are abrasive or poking me. I don't ever feel a need to 'control' per sae even in response to others.

You know, I don't know how common you think a healthy type is, but they're pretty rare, especially if you're going with the Riso-Hudson descriptions (in that case, they're a pipe dream). The majority of people tend to straddle in the average range and cross over into the healthy range when they're really happy or into the unhealthy range when stressed out.

Way to bring down the party. ;_; and LOL. Those 'high functioning' type descriptions are pretty awesome though right? Let's all project and pretend we're the highest function of our type. Ignorance is bliss people!

And you're welcome Knight :D

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Bumpity.

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hS6EOCYXDxI&feature=related"]scary 8[/YOUTUBE]

type 8`s personality. you can just feel the intensity coming off of them. I think, I have ran into this personality, Im sure, at work.

The video gave me a good feel about the personality. what Im looking for is effective low to no conflict ways to deal with aggressive 8`s in the work place, as a your Boss or Coworker?(not because Im currently working with one, but I would like to find best ways to work with this personality) the ones that are close to unhealthy

Winds of Thor

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Worked with an 8. ENTJ nonetheless lol. I don't know how the MBTI may differ from any other 8 but what I've learned is standing up to them is what has earned clout.

mcgooglian

MBTI Type
ISTP
I'm a 9 and I actually tend to get along best with 8s and 8-wingers. Then again, I have two 8 wings in my trifix, so I relate to what the people in the video were saying quite a bit. I know that if I don't watch out, I can (and have) steamroll people. I find that the best way to deal with 8s is to just be straight up/direct with them and treat them exactly the way you want them to treat you.