• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 4] What's a 4w5?

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Any on this forum?

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
There are quite a few 4w5s here: CuriousFeeling, OrangeAppled, Peguy, chana, Vala Faye...

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Bring them forth. Tell me about yourselves.
(Also, I thought vala was a 7...)

B

brainheart

4w5s are small, hobbit-like creatures who graze on dandelions and duck bills. It is said they are nocturnal. I'm writing a whole book series on them that will make me millions of dollars.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
4w5s are small, hobbit-like creatures who graze on dandelions and duck bills. It is said they are nocturnal. I'm writing a whole book series on them that will make me millions of dollars.

(places dandelions around the thread and starts quacking like a duck...) Come out little 4w5's, wherever you are.... Oh who am I fooling, they are probably all sleeping.

B

brainheart

(places dandelions around the thread and starts quacking like a duck...) Come out little 4w5's, wherever you are.... Oh who am I fooling, they are probably all sleeping.

Did I fail to mention they reside only in southeast asia? They are awake. Very awake.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Are they listening? Can they hear me?

B

brainheart

You have to communicate in morse code. Although sometimes sonar works.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You have to communicate in morse code. Although sometimes sonar works.

What if I go to the library self help section and crouch behind the shelves and take notes?

B

brainheart

Worth a shot. But you might accidentally observe 5w4 or 9w1 instead. Apologies, but I need to make something of my day. Best of luck!

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
What do you want to know?
A good chunk of the INFP population around here is 4w5 & many INFJs as well, so ask some specific questions & I'm sure they'll get answered....

What if I go to the library self help section and crouch behind the shelves and take notes?

I don't do self-help books (those are 4w3s, among other types). I'm more likely to be found checking out a book on costumes of the Middle Ages, or some other random topic I've decided to become an expert on. I also might check out a chemistry book in an effort to understand the back of my shampoo bottle. All of this reinforces my unique identity of "know it all", the same unique identity all other 4w5s have.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Marylin Manson is a 4w5.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Several examples of 4w5.

Sp/So
Alan Watts
Cormac McCarthy
John Berryman
Philip Larkin

Sp/Sx
Craig Thompson
John Frusciante
Victoria Bergsman
Van Morrison
Elliot Smith
Ian McCulloch
Leonard Cohen
Ray LaMontagne
Dan Bejar
Grace Coddington
Natalie Merchant
Andrew Bird
Johnny Greenwood
Tasya Van Ree
Nick Drake
Sylvia Plath

So/Sp
Marylin Manson
Ingmar Bergman
Jose Saramago
David Sylvian
Iris Murdoch
Daniel Clowes
Faris Badwin
Lisa Gerrard
Elfriede Jelinek
Virginia Woolf

So/Sx
Shirley Manson
Peter Murphy
Allen Ginsberg
James Baldwin
Maya Deren
W B Yeats
Robert Lowell

Sx/Sp
Johnny Depp
Bob Dylan
P J Harvey
Nick Cave
James Dean
Joni Mitchell
Tuomas Holopainen
Andrew Eldritch
Ville Valo
Imaad Wasif

Sx/So
Yukio Mishima
Alanis Morissette
Anne Sexton
Guru Dutt
Dylan Thomas

B

brainheart

A good chunk of the INFP population around here is 4w5 & many INFJs as well, so ask some specific questions & I'm sure they'll get answered....

I don't do self-help books (those are 4w3s, among other types). I'm more likely to be found checking out a book on costumes of the Middle Ages, or some other random topic I've decided to become an expert on. I also might check out a chemistry book in an effort to understand the back of my shampoo bottle. All of this reinforces my unique identity of "know it all", the same unique identity all other 4w5s have.

What's the enneagram, if not self-help?

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Hmmm.. well there's a start. What about yourself made you decide that you were a 4w5 to begin with?

(Anyone can answer.)

CuriousFeeling

From the Undertow
MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
About being a 4w5:

I'm a 4w5 sp/so. I am quite in tune with my own inner world of ideas and fantasy. It's like seeing the world through an aesthetic lens... instinctively I get a vibe off of a place, and while this may make me seem a bit vulnerable, I am quite in tune with my emotions... I feel them deeply, and often times I feel like they are me. It's like my interests, emotions, and wishes/hopes/dreams make me who I am. I am an incurable romantic... I yearn for not only a connection with a significant other, but also for poetic justice, for people to understand me and appreciate me for who I am. At the same time, I am very cerebral and love learning. I value gathering knowledge on topics that interest me, and will feel comfortable getting involved with something I feel competent in, or have knowledge of. Whenever I am learning something, I experience not only a brain connection to theories and concepts, but I often feel a deep seated emotional connection to the information... coming up with my own personal relationships between the concept being learned and the cathartic experience I have with learning something new. I ponder a lot of ideas, and those ideas swim around in my head. In a sense I think of myself as a philosopher, artist, scientist, and I find ideas and art inspiring. It's like living life being aware of the beauty of the world around you... even the most mundane objects. Sometimes I experience intense emotional responses from music and art. Quite a sensitive intellectual type.

Socially, I'm a bit more shy and reserved at first. I tend to keep to myself initially until I warm up to someone. As a 4w5 sp/so I'm very focused on what I want out of my life, and I don't like it if others stand in my way. Even though it may be considered socially acceptable to listen to Artist of the Week, or wear Style of the Week, I tend not to get involved with trends all that much. I wear what I want because it suits me (no pun intended), and I like it. I listen to the music I like, even if it isn't in style. I know what I want out of my future. I really do have to put in effort to seem graceful in social situations, cos in actuality, I feel quite awkward and transparent. I'm a little less intense than type 4 sx's though. I am aware that if I let things get to me too much, it isn't healthy for me, so I have to find someplace quiet to recharge, or take out my emotions constructively by creating artwork or write, play music. In order to cope with stress, I need some sort of creative outlet, and have time on my own, or I'll end up getting really irritable, or getting mentally scattered (with a strong 5 wing disintegrating into negative type 7 traits). I guess, in a way, I am very eclectic and subtlely eccentric, creative, whimsical, emotional, but also very intellectual, logical, analytical, philosophical, cerebral.

I hope this helps you to understand 4w5s a bit, shortnsweet. :)

B

brainheart

About being a 4w5:

I'm a 4w5 sp/so. I am quite in tune with my own inner world of ideas and fantasy. It's like seeing the world through an aesthetic lens... instinctively I get a vibe off of a place, and while this may make me seem a bit vulnerable, I am quite in tune with my emotions... I feel them deeply, and often times I feel like they are me. It's like my interests, emotions, and wishes/hopes/dreams make me who I am. I am an incurable romantic... I yearn for not only a connection with a significant other, but also for poetic justice, for people to understand me and appreciate me for who I am. At the same time, I am very cerebral and love learning. I value gathering knowledge on topics that interest me, and will feel comfortable getting involved with something I feel competent in, or have knowledge of. Whenever I am learning something, I experience not only a brain connection to theories and concepts, but I often feel a deep seated emotional connection to the information... coming up with my own personal relationships between the concept being learned and the cathartic experience I have with learning something new. I ponder a lot of ideas, and those ideas swim around in my head. In a sense I think of myself as a philosopher, artist, scientist, and I find ideas and art inspiring. It's like living life being aware of the beauty of the world around you... even the most mundane objects. Sometimes I experience intense emotional responses from music and art. Quite a sensitive intellectual type.

Socially, I'm a bit more shy and reserved at first. I tend to keep to myself initially until I warm up to someone. As a 4w5 sp/so I'm very focused on what I want out of my life, and I don't like it if others stand in my way. Even though it may be considered socially acceptable to listen to Artist of the Week, or wear Style of the Week, I tend not to get involved with trends all that much. I wear what I want because it suits me (no pun intended), and I like it. I listen to the music I like, even if it isn't in style. I know what I want out of my future. I really do have to put in effort to seem graceful in social situations, cos in actuality, I feel quite awkward and transparent. I'm a little less intense than type 4 sx's though. I am aware that if I let things get to me too much, it isn't healthy for me, so I have to find someplace quiet to recharge, or take out my emotions constructively by creating artwork or write, play music. In order to cope with stress, I need some sort of creative outlet, and have time on my own, or I'll end up getting really irritable, or getting mentally scattered (with a strong 5 wing disintegrating into negative type 7 traits). I guess, in a way, I am very eclectic and subtlely eccentric, creative, whimsical, emotional, but also very intellectual, logical, analytical, philosophical, cerebral.

I hope this helps you to understand 4w5s a bit, shortnsweet. :)

Must....resist...changing...my....type...back...to...4w5....
I relate to everything except I don't have that much difficulty befriending people. I feel like I discover soul mates on an oddly regular basis. There isn't ' just one', there are several.

Southern Kross

Away with the fairies
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Yeah, I'm always seeking to improve my know-it-all status, too. I'm currently working on modern Middle Eastern history and politics :D

Anyway 4w5s don't need self-help books; we are our own self-help book.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yeah, I'm always seeking to improve my know-it-all status, too. I'm currently working on modern Middle Eastern history and politics :D

Anyway 4w5s don't need self-help books; we are our own self-help book.

Huh. Well what's the difference between that and 5w4?