Thread: What's a 4w5?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

What do you want to know?
    A good chunk of the INFP population around here is 4w5 & many INFJs as well, so ask some specific questions & I'm sure they'll get answered....

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    What if I go to the library self help section and crouch behind the shelves and take notes?
    I don't do self-help books (those are 4w3s, among other types). I'm more likely to be found checking out a book on costumes of the Middle Ages, or some other random topic I've decided to become an expert on. I also might check out a chemistry book in an effort to understand the back of my shampoo bottle. All of this reinforces my unique identity of "know it all", the same unique identity all other 4w5s have.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Marylin Manson is a 4w5.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Several examples of 4w5.

Sp/So
    Alan Watts
    Cormac McCarthy
    John Berryman
    Philip Larkin

Sp/Sx
    Craig Thompson
    John Frusciante
    Victoria Bergsman
    Van Morrison
    Elliot Smith
    Ian McCulloch
    Leonard Cohen
    Ray LaMontagne
    Dan Bejar
    Grace Coddington
    Natalie Merchant
    Andrew Bird
    Johnny Greenwood
    Tasya Van Ree
    Nick Drake
    Sylvia Plath

So/Sp
    Marylin Manson
    Ingmar Bergman
    Jose Saramago
    David Sylvian
    Iris Murdoch
    Daniel Clowes
    Faris Badwin
    Lisa Gerrard
    Elfriede Jelinek
    Virginia Woolf

So/Sx
    Shirley Manson
    Peter Murphy
    Allen Ginsberg
    James Baldwin
    Maya Deren
    W B Yeats
    Robert Lowell

Sx/Sp
    Johnny Depp
    Bob Dylan
    P J Harvey
    Nick Cave
    James Dean
    Joni Mitchell
    Tuomas Holopainen
    Andrew Eldritch
    Ville Valo
    Imaad Wasif

Sx/So
    Yukio Mishima
    Alanis Morissette
    Anne Sexton
    Guru Dutt
    Dylan Thomas
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

brainheart

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    A good chunk of the INFP population around here is 4w5 & many INFJs as well, so ask some specific questions & I'm sure they'll get answered....

I don't do self-help books (those are 4w3s, among other types). I'm more likely to be found checking out a book on costumes of the Middle Ages, or some other random topic I've decided to become an expert on. I also might check out a chemistry book in an effort to understand the back of my shampoo bottle. All of this reinforces my unique identity of "know it all", the same unique identity all other 4w5s have.
    What's the enneagram, if not self-help?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by brainheart View Post
    What's the enneagram, if not self-help?
    Another personality theory. It intrigues me far more from that angle.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Hmmm.. well there's a start. What about yourself made you decide that you were a 4w5 to begin with?

(Anyone can answer.)
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

From the Undertow CuriousFeeling's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII

About being a 4w5:

I'm a 4w5 sp/so. I am quite in tune with my own inner world of ideas and fantasy. It's like seeing the world through an aesthetic lens... instinctively I get a vibe off of a place, and while this may make me seem a bit vulnerable, I am quite in tune with my emotions... I feel them deeply, and often times I feel like they are me. It's like my interests, emotions, and wishes/hopes/dreams make me who I am. I am an incurable romantic... I yearn for not only a connection with a significant other, but also for poetic justice, for people to understand me and appreciate me for who I am. At the same time, I am very cerebral and love learning. I value gathering knowledge on topics that interest me, and will feel comfortable getting involved with something I feel competent in, or have knowledge of. Whenever I am learning something, I experience not only a brain connection to theories and concepts, but I often feel a deep seated emotional connection to the information... coming up with my own personal relationships between the concept being learned and the cathartic experience I have with learning something new. I ponder a lot of ideas, and those ideas swim around in my head. In a sense I think of myself as a philosopher, artist, scientist, and I find ideas and art inspiring. It's like living life being aware of the beauty of the world around you... even the most mundane objects. Sometimes I experience intense emotional responses from music and art. Quite a sensitive intellectual type.

Socially, I'm a bit more shy and reserved at first. I tend to keep to myself initially until I warm up to someone. As a 4w5 sp/so I'm very focused on what I want out of my life, and I don't like it if others stand in my way. Even though it may be considered socially acceptable to listen to Artist of the Week, or wear Style of the Week, I tend not to get involved with trends all that much. I wear what I want because it suits me (no pun intended), and I like it. I listen to the music I like, even if it isn't in style. I know what I want out of my future. I really do have to put in effort to seem graceful in social situations, cos in actuality, I feel quite awkward and transparent. I'm a little less intense than type 4 sx's though. I am aware that if I let things get to me too much, it isn't healthy for me, so I have to find someplace quiet to recharge, or take out my emotions constructively by creating artwork or write, play music. In order to cope with stress, I need some sort of creative outlet, and have time on my own, or I'll end up getting really irritable, or getting mentally scattered (with a strong 5 wing disintegrating into negative type 7 traits). I guess, in a way, I am very eclectic and subtlely eccentric, creative, whimsical, emotional, but also very intellectual, logical, analytical, philosophical, cerebral.

I hope this helps you to understand 4w5s a bit, shortnsweet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Johari/Nohari

“Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings -- always darker, emptier and simpler.”
    ― Friedrich Nietzsche

brainheart

Quote Originally Posted by CuriousFeeling View Post
    About being a 4w5:

I'm a 4w5 sp/so. I am quite in tune with my own inner world of ideas and fantasy. It's like seeing the world through an aesthetic lens... instinctively I get a vibe off of a place, and while this may make me seem a bit vulnerable, I am quite in tune with my emotions... I feel them deeply, and often times I feel like they are me. It's like my interests, emotions, and wishes/hopes/dreams make me who I am. I am an incurable romantic... I yearn for not only a connection with a significant other, but also for poetic justice, for people to understand me and appreciate me for who I am. At the same time, I am very cerebral and love learning. I value gathering knowledge on topics that interest me, and will feel comfortable getting involved with something I feel competent in, or have knowledge of. Whenever I am learning something, I experience not only a brain connection to theories and concepts, but I often feel a deep seated emotional connection to the information... coming up with my own personal relationships between the concept being learned and the cathartic experience I have with learning something new. I ponder a lot of ideas, and those ideas swim around in my head. In a sense I think of myself as a philosopher, artist, scientist, and I find ideas and art inspiring. It's like living life being aware of the beauty of the world around you... even the most mundane objects. Sometimes I experience intense emotional responses from music and art. Quite a sensitive intellectual type.

Socially, I'm a bit more shy and reserved at first. I tend to keep to myself initially until I warm up to someone. As a 4w5 sp/so I'm very focused on what I want out of my life, and I don't like it if others stand in my way. Even though it may be considered socially acceptable to listen to Artist of the Week, or wear Style of the Week, I tend not to get involved with trends all that much. I wear what I want because it suits me (no pun intended), and I like it. I listen to the music I like, even if it isn't in style. I know what I want out of my future. I really do have to put in effort to seem graceful in social situations, cos in actuality, I feel quite awkward and transparent. I'm a little less intense than type 4 sx's though. I am aware that if I let things get to me too much, it isn't healthy for me, so I have to find someplace quiet to recharge, or take out my emotions constructively by creating artwork or write, play music. In order to cope with stress, I need some sort of creative outlet, and have time on my own, or I'll end up getting really irritable, or getting mentally scattered (with a strong 5 wing disintegrating into negative type 7 traits). I guess, in a way, I am very eclectic and subtlely eccentric, creative, whimsical, emotional, but also very intellectual, logical, analytical, philosophical, cerebral.

I hope this helps you to understand 4w5s a bit, shortnsweet.
    Must....resist...changing...my....type...back...to ...4w5....
    I relate to everything except I don't have that much difficulty befriending people. I feel like I discover soul mates on an oddly regular basis. There isn't ' just one', there are several.

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

Yeah, I'm always seeking to improve my know-it-all status, too. I'm currently working on modern Middle Eastern history and politics

Anyway 4w5s don't need self-help books; we are our own self-help book.
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

- Emily Bronte

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Kross View Post
    Yeah, I'm always seeking to improve my know-it-all status, too. I'm currently working on modern Middle Eastern history and politics

Anyway 4w5s don't need self-help books; we are our own self-help book.
    Huh. Well what's the difference between that and 5w4?
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.