• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 8] Why 8's are utterly awesome

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
* They go for what they want, come what may.
* They get the job done, no excuses.
* They give you the most awesome 'Look' if you dare even contemplate standing in their way.
* They usually have a no-nonsense but wicked sense of humor
* They get the Game 'Prey-Predator* and usually love playing.
* They can appreciate the exquisite things in life like good food.
* They secretly purr like kittens on those rare occasions where you get them to relax
* They will be your 'Rock' and protect their loved ones fiercely
* They give you the courage to take matters into your own hands and follow your dreams

Coco

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
They act cooler and badass-er than they really are.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
* They will be your 'Rock' and protect their loved ones fiercely

Coincidentally, my dad's nickname is Rock, and he is a total 8 believe it or not :D

Eh, if you actually go into the background of an 8 it's pretty clear they're not as cool as they're painted to be.

I refuse to believe that, and agree with the OP completely, the only thing I dislike is that they often pull me out of my comfort zone, but it's for my own good :)

VagrantFarce

3351639081_781a6e7ced_o.jpg

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm not blind to their bad sides..but I find that I tend to be able to 'cushion' those pretty well, so they're not that big a deal to me :shrug:

Feel free to deepen out the complex nature that is an 8 though, both good and bad :heart:

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm not blind to their bad sides..but I find that I tend to be able to 'cushion' those pretty well, so they're not that big a deal to me :shrug:

Feel free to deepen out the complex nature that is an 8 though, both good and bad :heart:

Erm. To quote myself:

Uwace said:
As a kid I was rather sensitive. Like I said in my earlier post, I was the smart kid everyone *other* parent loved and all my cousins hated me because I was smart. I was easily hurt by criticism. I can tell you how I was like when I was 6 and how I am like now is totally different.

Innocence didn't really work and then my parents started fighting and my asshole of a father left. So naturally I grew this callous exterior and then stored every frustration and anger that arose out of me "being responsible" for my brother. (What is it with asian parents and eldest sibling, that system is so damned stupid; everyone should hold their responsibilities equally).

I was psychologically and physically abused as a child because apparently my mother didn't have a punching bag so she used her eldest son as one. The little fucker is "still young" and can't possibly take the punishment. I felt as though I was being blamed for all her problems she encountered with her failed marriage. I was called "dumb", "ugly" (because of my eczema) and there would not be a day where she would not fail to rage on at least someone, and that someone usually is me.

When I started fighting back that's when it got physical. I got pushed down a flight of stairs because I refused to do as she told me to when I was 13. I got hit by a granite pestle because I accidentally dropped that heavy molar when I was 8. Mother and Father fought over a blurred picture that I took and somehow I got in the picture. Those are the major incidents I can think of. The minor ones were daily cussing and deprecation courtesy of my mother. Now I don't exchange a single word with her because I might get really physically violent.

How I coped with it when I was young, at first was crying, like all other kids did. But then I found that it didn't work and that I needed to stand my ground so I won't be pushed around. For the most of my childhood I was rather reactive when it comes to this, I still fought back even though I was no match for her physically. When I finally was, she never dared to fuck around with me. Not even a finger.

This is my background and as such it may not apply to everyone else. It's not really cool to be an 8.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
:hug: You didn't have an easy childhood, that's clear. What makes an 8 unique though is that they fight back and won't give up, and are capable of carving out their own path still. Do you know how many people would sink into depression and never be able to make anything of themselves due to that kind of treatment? I think you underestimate your own strenght :wink:

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It's what I get for being an 8w9~

[YOUTUBE=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfZ1gEKutOw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfZ1gEKutOw[/YOUTUBE]

There's just something about this song that screams 8.

Sky fits heaven so fly it
That's what the prophet said to me
Child fits mother so hold your baby tight
That's what my future could see

Fate fits karma so use it
That's what the wise man said to me
Love fits virtue so hold on to the light
That's what our future will be

[Chorus:]

Traveling down this road
Watching the signs as I go
I think I'll follow the sun
Isn't everyone just
Traveling down their own road
Watching the signs as they go
I think I'll follow my heart
It's a very good place to start

Traveling down my own road
And I'm watching the signs as they go

Traveling, traveling

Hand fits giving so do it
That's what the Gospel said to me
Life fits living so let your judgments go
That's how our future should be

[chorus]

Watching the signs as they go
And I'm watching the signs as I go

Traveling, traveling

rav3n

They act cooler and badass-er than they really are.
This sounds more like 3's or counterphobic 6's. With most 8's, what you see is what you get which includes all the good and not so good stuff.

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
They're even cooler when they learn not to be intolerant of weakness in themselves and in others, or so I've heard. :workout:

OmarFW

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
There's no enneagram without a bad side. Lots of people claim they want to be type 4's because they're so creative, but if they knew what it was like to be one they wouldn't be saying that.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
There's no enneagram without a bad side. Lots of people claim they want to be type 4's because they're so creative, but if they knew what it was like to be one they wouldn't be saying that.

I hear ya, my friend.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
They're even cooler when they learn not to be intolerant of weakness in themselves and in others, or so I've heard. :workout:

Hmmmm. I don't know if we ever stop being intolerant of weakness in others. When I say weakness in others I don't mean children, elderly, people unable to defend themselves, animals and the like.
The real growth is allowing ourselves to show vulnerability to the select few we deem worthy of it and that takes forever or never happens at all.