• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 3] You know you're a 3 when (I'm not a 3 btw)

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
you know you're a 3 when
- you care more about bragging to your friends that you had sex with a hot chick than actually having sex with a hot chick
- you're jealous of your friend who has a $10,000,000 business because you only have a $5,000,000 business (you're such a failure lol)
- you have a tendency to become archtypical in everything you are a part of.
- you thought high school would actually be like it is in the movies, so you picked a character you thought was cool and made that your image
- your first thoughts after you got jumped in high school are "oh no! my clothes!" and "what if everyone finds out about this?!"
- you dress like a sexier version of what is conventional for your peer group
- you're upset because all the other 3s beat you into Harvard, so you settled for Yale
- you are the captain of the football team AND valadictorian and somehow seem to fit in with both vastly different groups of people
- you mistake your enneagram for what is normal for your profession.
if you're an entrepreneur, you mistype as 8
if you're a scientist, you mistype as 5
if you're an artist, you mistype as 4
if you're a baptist minister, you mistype as 1
if you're a performer, you mistype as 7
if you're an executive, you mistype as...oh wait, you're the right type now :D
- you mistyped as J when you are an ESTP, ENTP, ENFP or ESFP

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
hmph. I'm not in an Ivy League...don't remind me. :(

Limit

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Joke thread?

You know you're a three when you watched American Psycho and thought, "Man, I empathize." XD

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Joke thread?

You know you're a three when you watched American Psycho and thought, "Man, I empathize." XD

I'm seriously going to reconsider being type 3 because you said that :devil:

Limit

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
I'm seriously going to reconsider being type 3 because you said that :devil:

Well, if you read a good book on Type 3 and then watch American Psycho you will see that Bateman is a very unhealthy 3, and becomes the most unhealthy 3 there is.

The whole movie is an exaggerated play on the ideals of American society, which happen to be very similar to exaggeratedly unhealthy type 3s.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Well, if you read a good book on Type 3 and then watch American Psycho you will see that Bateman is a very unhealthy 3, and becomes the most unhealthy 3 there is.

The whole movie is an exaggerated play on the ideals of American society, which happen to be very similar to exaggeratedly unhealthy type 3s.

:hifive:

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

my ideals are the polar opposite of american society, I just relate to the "I'm better than you because I'm sophisticated and wealthy" vibe that he gives off

Limit

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
my ideals are the polar opposite of american society, I just relate to the "I'm better than you because I'm sophisticated and wealthy" vibe that he gives off

*nods* I wasn't stating that you related. I don't know who you are.

The business card scene was hilarious XD

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
my ideals are EXACTLY MATCHING WITH american society, I just relate to the "I'm better than you because I'm sophisticated and wealthy" vibe that he gives off

FYP

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

that was american society in the 80s. american society nowadays is all about being "green", false humble and looking like you give all of your time and recources to helping starving children in africa

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
that was american society in the 80s. american society nowadays is all about being "green", false humble and looking like you give all of your time and recources to helping starving children in africa

Nope, I'm pretty sure "I'm better than you just because I have money" is still a really strong American value, and appears to be the entire bent of our current corporatized manifestation of capitalism.

I know some French girls who are here for a few months who are HORRIFIED by America. They can't fathom how badly everything is slanted toward big business and profit at the expense of most of the population.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Nope, I'm pretty sure "I'm better than you just because I have money" is still a really strong American value, and appears to be the entire bent of our current corporatized manifestation of capitalism.

I know some French girls who are here for a few months who are HORRIFIED by America. They can't fathom how badly everything is slanted toward big business and profit at the expense of most of the population.

that's called corporatism, not capitalism. I'm an objectivist, I think corporatism is evil as hell. what I really meant more was "I'm better than you, I'm sophisticated". should have worded it better

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
that's called corporatism, not capitalism. I'm an objectivist, I think corporatism is evil as hell. what I really meant more was "I'm better than you, I'm sophisticated." should have worded it better

Okay, then you'll fit right in with the French. ;)

Seriously, though, I think merit in this country is still measured by money, for the most part, even to the point of ridiculousness. You need neither intelligence nor kindness nor class, you just need to die with the most toys.

I agree with you that corporatism is a form of capitalism, and that it is definitely not the sum total of capitalism.

Limit

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Here

The reason he got away with it was because everyone was so shallow and self absorbed, the lawyer didn't have dinner with Paul in London, but misstated someone for Paul in the same way Bateman is mistaken for Halberstram by Paul, and Bryce is mistaken for Baxter. All the men were virtually clones of one another, they all wore designer suits, all liked restaurants, coke, clubs and keeping up appearances, none of them cared about anyone except themselves so they didn't notice Batemans killings.

When Bateman returned to the apartment, the movie gave the impression it was within a few days, in the book it was about 6 months. IMO the real estate agent told him not to come back because she thought he knew "the truth" as she perceived it, that Paul killed the hookers (in the book when Bateman kills people in the apartment he writes "I'm Back!!!" in blood on the walls.) Det. Kimble said he probably went a "little nutso" when talking to Bateman about his disappearance - so she was edgy because his family probably wanted it kept quiet so the apartment could've been sold.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Okay, then you'll fit right in with the French. ;)

Seriously, though, I think merit in this country is still measured by money, for the most part, even to the point of ridiculousness. You need neither intelligence nor kindness nor class, you just need to die with the most toys.
I agree with you that corporatism is a form of capitalism, and that it is definitely not the sum total of capitalism.

this is the part I don't get. why does anyone care how much expensive stuff you have when you die? in fact, why does anyone care about having a reputation in the first place. it takes so much work to maintain

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
this is the part I don't get. why does anyone care how much expensive stuff you have when you die? in fact, why does anyone care about having a reputation in the first place. it takes so much work to maintain

Spoken like a true - 8?? Maybe type 9.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

If you are true, that mean that America looks like France nowadays. Sad.

French girls are...special. Actually, aren't every liberal american girls like this too? In France, most people would be considered as leftist according to american criteria. I think Elfboys was talking about americans liberals more than americans overall.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

:shrug: i don't really find it that hard to maintain a decent reputation. i think it's really intrinsic to who i am to do so, so it's basically second nature. i think enneagram-wise reputation is just another tool... more or less useful depending on what you're trying to get. 2s most want to be loved, 3s most want to be admired, 6s most want to be secure, so for us reputation is often a big piece of that puzzle. at least for me, so much so that it's hard to not maintain a good reputation. i suspect the same is true of a good friend of mine who is a 3 - it would be hard for us to just not pay attention to what people will think. i don't know if that's true for all 3s and 6s, but at least it is for us. and i don't mean that to say we'll necessarily do what people will approve of, but we're more aware when we're doing something that they won't. whereas 7s and 8s in particular i think wouldn't be very affected by reputation, and so probably are less likely to be constantly aware.

as for toys... eh, i like toys. but once you get in the upper ranks of society i think class starts to play a bigger role. in certain circles it's all about one-upping in any way you can... money can do that, but so can being part of an elite that money can't buy your way into. it's not how much of any one thing you have... it's in how many different ways you can one-up the other person... though of course ultimately that's a hollow game.

as for 3 - when people tell you that you seem to live a "perfect" life.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You know you are a 3 because:

When people give compliment abour yourself you are self-depreciating and remind that it's above all due to what you do, but when you receive a compliment about your brand new car, you take that as a compliment for yourself.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I would think such opinions were formulated long before they arrived in the US. Ask anybody in Europe about the US and they will tell you ALLLL about it - even though they've never visited.

It's hard to find a French person who isn't HORRIFIED by nearly every other country in the world, except of course Russia.