User Tag List

12 Last

Thread: Fives deep down

Enneagram
    4w3

Default Fives deep down

Who are you deep down.

1. Is sex an important issue for 5's in a relationship?

2. Do 5's ever suffer from lovesickness / lovepain?

3. Are they capable of empathy? Realize when someone is feeling sad or hurt?

4. Do they ever have a bad conscience when they realized they've insulted or hurt someone they like?

5. What could someone do to really hurt you?

6. What is the nicest thinig you could say to a 5 to win him over?

7. What is the worst misconception someone could have about you?

8. If you had a choice between 2 women - one who is emotional, kind, fun to be with and sexy or one who is aloof, intelligent and rational. Which would you choose?

Glycerine

1. For me, yes.
    2-4 are part of being human unless you are a psychopath.
    5. Betray my trust, not accept me.
    6. Sayng something genuine about my strengths, discussing ideas
    7. Questions 2-4
    8. It would depend on stability of the person, drive, connection.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I think wings and tritype readings impact this tremendously, so they can't be taken categorically.

It is for a 5w4 SX type, as part of intimacy.

I want to have it.
    And I want it to be honest and organic.
    And I don't want artificial boundaries.

But it's not the center of the relationship.

I'm sure.
    I have.

But it's typical not to show it.

I am, but as I said, I'm 5w4 SX, which I think is at the far end of the emotional spectrum for Five.
    (whereas cold/indifferent/unfeeling is at the other end)

4. Do they ever have a bad conscience when they realized they've insulted or hurt someone they like?
    Yes.

The worst thing that happens to me is when I'm accused and punished for something I didn't do (i.e., a lie) or have my character/motivations publicly slandered. (If I actually did the things I'm accused of, then I actually don't have much problem with it.)

The second worst thing would be being forced into a box and viewed as a role or demographic rather than as a person.

6. What is the nicest thing you could say to a 5 to win him over?

Again, I am 5w4.

So I immediately thought it would be someone saying, "That was really insightful," but on some level I don't waste time saying things I don't think are insightful, so sometimes those kind of compliments roll right off me.

I think actually it's someone who can tell me accurately the dark/undesirable parts of myself (which shows that they actually know all of me, not just the obvious good stuff) but then say, "I love and accept you regardless and want you in my life."

That I'm a bad person in ways that I'm not (i.e., accusing me of not caring about other people, or being selfish, or some other attack on my perceptive abilities).

It used to be someone calling me "stupid"... but for some reason I think I've come to grips with the idea that I know I'm not stupid, so the insult has lost its power over me a bit.

8. If you had a choice between 2 women - one who is emotional, kind, fun to be with and sexy or one who is aloof, intelligent and rational. Which would you choose?

Neither.

But if I had to choose between 2 men? I might actually choose the first. The latter seems to be missing capacity to actually relate to me, and I already provide semi-aloof intelligence/rationality to the relationship, so we don't need more of that.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Yeah Pretty much What Jennifer said except I'm an a male 5w4 sx

Glycerine

I am a bit confused. Why wouldn't a five be capable of empathy, having a conscious, having feelings of love-pain? Maybe I have taken too many psych courses but if someone lacks those sorts of things, that typically is indicative of a mental disorder (regardless of tritype, instinctual stackings).

Quote Originally Posted by Pitseleh View Post
    I am a bit confused. Why wouldn't a five be capable of empathy, having a conscious, having feelings of love-pain? Maybe I have taken too many psych courses but if someone lacks those sorts of things, that typically is indicative of a mental disorder (regardless of tritype, instinctual stackings).
    I think that would a sociopath, lol not a 5 :P, I think sadly, fives get this stupid reputation of being emotion-less, and we dont have empathy, which isn't the case AT ALL, I think we are a bit detached, but it's really a way to analyze. Personally i'm a 5 and I have alot of empathy, and it extends to all parts of my life, but eh, I think people have to get the 5= emotional-less idea out of their heads, if anything we are TOO sensitive to others, it's why we detach.

Glycerine

Quote Originally Posted by The_World_As_Will View Post
    I think that would a sociopath, lol not a 5 :P, I think sadly, fives get this stupid reputation of being emotion-less, and we dont have empathy, which isn't the case AT ALL, I think we are a bit detached, but it's really a way to analyze. Personally i'm a 5 and I have alot of empathy, and it extends to all parts of my life, but eh, I think people have to get the 5= emotional-less idea out of their heads, if anything we are TOO sensitive to others, it's why we detach.
    That was what I was I thinking. I got a sense that some of the questions were inadvertently asking if 5's were "sociopaths". The original poster probably did not mean it but I found it amusing.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

Yes, e5s have souls.
    5w4 sx/sp

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I think wings and tritype readings impact this tremendously, so they can't be taken categorically.
    Yes, stacking too.

I agree with what Jennifer said. It's not as important as love but it is important.

I have a couple of times. Probably more prevalent in 5's with a 4 wing.

Of course they are capable. They may not emotionally demonstrate it as much as other types.

Yes, of course.

Betray my trust.
    Infidelity.
    Insult my intelligence.

6. What is the nicest thing you could say to a 5 to win him over?

You have excellent ideas and insights and are incredibly brilliant. You are very interesting company and I love spending time with you.

That because I appear rather quiet and unemotional that somehow I'm cold and aloof and that I don't care about things or people.

I think I'll go with what Jennifer said. For everyday friendship, no preference. For an intimate relationship, more likely the former.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Affably Evil View Post
    Yes, e5s have souls.
    Mine's buried in a magical egg with protective wards in an undisclosed location.... just to be safe.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft