User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    xxxx

Default What kind of music are intp 5w4s in to?( INTP 5w4)

It seems like most 5s I see are into something that requires a keybourd. Personally I love rock! More specifically I love grunge and classic rock. What kind of music are you guys into? Is the keybourd fetish a 5w6 facination, or are most Intps into it?
    Last edited by Patches; 07-06-2012 at 06:46 AM.

Hmm, You asked this same question on personalitycafe, and I answered, but i'll answer again here as I take it you didn't see my post there.

70-80's Punk Rock/Hardcore (Crass, Dead Kennedys, Youth of Today, Minor Threat, 7 seconds, and others, 80's Post-Punk (Joy Division, the cure, siouxsie and the banshees, sisters of mercy, bauhaus), Grunge (Nirvana, Mad Season, Pearl Jam, old soundgarden stuff, Alice in Chains, Temple of the Dog, and a few more that don't come to mind), Progressive Rock (Tool, King Crimson, Yes, Genesis, The Flower Kings, Pink Floyd), Psychedelic Rock, Goth Rock (which easily blends with Post-punk, I could add Dead can Dance) World Music - Ravi Shankar, Deep Forest, Enya) Folk Rock, Folk, 50's Jazz is nice too, Pretty much the span of music I listen to, oh forgot to mention Heavy Metal (Old stuff like Black Sabbath and Iron Maiden, and some stuff by Zepplin is great too!), Classical music as well (really a fan of Stravinksy and a few others) oh and Gregorian Chants are neat too but I think it has this morbidity to it that I find awesome. so yeah, that's me as an INTP sx/so 5w4.

Senior Member iamathousandapples's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Socionics
    ILI

I love mostly Prog, post-punk, metal(Especially prog like Pain of Salvation and Fates Warning), and alternative rock(more along the lines of Beck/Gorillaz than cookie-cutter radio alternative). ISTP sp/sx 5w6

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

I own a keyboard.

Unfortunately I can't play it. But that's another story.

As for my music taste, it has no name.
    My music taste is extremely broad, from classical, to jazz, to trance, to hardstyle/hardcore. But not one genre I really like in general. It's always specific songs from the various genres that I like but also plenty of songs in the genre I don't like at all.

Metal is probably my least favorite though. There are a few songs I enjoy, very few, but generally I just don't see the beauty in it.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

INTP 5w4 brother likes classic rock, with some funk and jazz on the side. more into guitar than keyboard.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    INT-

(Being a 4w5 is close enough, right?)
    Not really big on keyboard... I respect it as an instrument, but I consider it the icing on a cake for a great song, if even that.
    Perhaps, more like the sprinkles.

I'm big on "classic" rock instrumentation; guitar, bass, and drums.
    I primarily listen to progressive/extreme/alternative/weird-ass metal bands.

Similarly, I enjoy playing and writing in that style for my own musical projects.
    INTP 4w5 SX/SP
    Tritype 4/5/8

MBTI
    INTP

Classical music is my favorite, but I'm into everything

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I'm a 5w6 but pretty close on the wings.

My favorites are classic rock, alternative rock, electronica, classical, and jazz.

My least favorites are rap, country, and opera but occasionally I find something to enjoy in these.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp

Quote Originally Posted by The_World_As_Will View Post
    Hmm, You asked this same question on personalitycafe, and I answered, but i'll answer again here as I take it you didn't see my post there.

70-80's Punk Rock/Hardcore (Crass, Dead Kennedys, Youth of Today, Minor Threat, 7 seconds, and others, 80's Post-Punk (Joy Division, the cure, siouxsie and the banshees, sisters of mercy, bauhaus), Grunge (Nirvana, Mad Season, Pearl Jam, old soundgarden stuff, Alice in Chains, Temple of the Dog, and a few more that don't come to mind), Progressive Rock (Tool, King Crimson, Yes, Genesis, The Flower Kings, Pink Floyd), Psychedelic Rock, Goth Rock (which easily blends with Post-punk, I could add Dead can Dance) World Music - Ravi Shankar, Deep Forest, Enya) Folk Rock, Folk, 50's Jazz is nice too, Pretty much the span of music I listen to, oh forgot to mention Heavy Metal (Old stuff like Black Sabbath and Iron Maiden, and some stuff by Zepplin is great too!), Classical music as well (really a fan of Stravinksy and a few others) oh and Gregorian Chants are neat too but I think it has this morbidity to it that I find awesome. so yeah, that's me as an INTP sx/so 5w4.
    ISTP balanced 5. This list is 95% me too. The other 5% is only because I haven't yet heard them.I LOVE Siouxie and the Banshees.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Smile! Now!

Some people are like Slinkys.
    Useless, but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

We are the music makers,and we are the dreamers of the dreams.

End of line.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/so
    Socionics
    INTj

Classical music. Opera (what I'm addicted to atm). Jazz is pretty cool. Dance/electronica is my guilty pleasure.

92% of pop is atrocious. Never really liked metal. Not really into bands (the ones with guitars and drums and whatnot) either.
    Enneagram: 5w4 5-9-2 (5w4 9w1 2w1) sp/so

"Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Greg King
    The worst mistake people make in political arguments is assuming that the other side is not trying to do the right thing. This simple oversight makes productive conversation nearly impossible.