• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 5] What kind of music are intp 5w4s in to?( INTP 5w4)

PsychadelicJesus

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
It seems like most 5s I see are into something that requires a keybourd. Personally I love rock! More specifically I love grunge and classic rock. What kind of music are you guys into? Is the keybourd fetish a 5w6 facination, or are most Intps into it?

Last edited by a moderator:

The_World_As_Will

Hmm, You asked this same question on personalitycafe, and I answered, but i'll answer again here as I take it you didn't see my post there.

70-80's Punk Rock/Hardcore (Crass, Dead Kennedys, Youth of Today, Minor Threat, 7 seconds, and others, 80's Post-Punk (Joy Division, the cure, siouxsie and the banshees, sisters of mercy, bauhaus), Grunge (Nirvana, Mad Season, Pearl Jam, old soundgarden stuff, Alice in Chains, Temple of the Dog, and a few more that don't come to mind), Progressive Rock (Tool, King Crimson, Yes, Genesis, The Flower Kings, Pink Floyd), Psychedelic Rock, Goth Rock (which easily blends with Post-punk, I could add Dead can Dance) World Music - Ravi Shankar, Deep Forest, Enya) Folk Rock, Folk, 50's Jazz is nice too, Pretty much the span of music I listen to, oh forgot to mention Heavy Metal (Old stuff like Black Sabbath and Iron Maiden, and some stuff by Zepplin is great too!), Classical music as well (really a fan of Stravinksy and a few others) oh and Gregorian Chants are neat too but I think it has this morbidity to it that I find awesome. so yeah, that's me as an INTP sx/so 5w4.

iamathousandapples

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w6
I love mostly Prog, post-punk, metal(Especially prog like Pain of Salvation and Fates Warning), and alternative rock(more along the lines of Beck/Gorillaz than cookie-cutter radio alternative). ISTP sp/sx 5w6

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I own a keyboard.

Unfortunately I can't play it. But that's another story.

As for my music taste, it has no name.
My music taste is extremely broad, from classical, to jazz, to trance, to hardstyle/hardcore. But not one genre I really like in general. It's always specific songs from the various genres that I like but also plenty of songs in the genre I don't like at all.

Metal is probably my least favorite though. There are a few songs I enjoy, very few, but generally I just don't see the beauty in it.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
INTP 5w4 brother likes classic rock, with some funk and jazz on the side. more into guitar than keyboard.

Fan.of.Devin

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
(Being a 4w5 is close enough, right?)
Not really big on keyboard... I respect it as an instrument, but I consider it the icing on a cake for a great song, if even that.
Perhaps, more like the sprinkles.

I'm big on "classic" rock instrumentation; guitar, bass, and drums.
I primarily listen to progressive/extreme/alternative/weird-ass metal bands.

Similarly, I enjoy playing and writing in that style for my own musical projects.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm a 5w6 but pretty close on the wings.

My favorites are classic rock, alternative rock, electronica, classical, and jazz.

My least favorites are rap, country, and opera but occasionally I find something to enjoy in these.

LeftKick

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5 sp
Hmm, You asked this same question on personalitycafe, and I answered, but i'll answer again here as I take it you didn't see my post there.

70-80's Punk Rock/Hardcore (Crass, Dead Kennedys, Youth of Today, Minor Threat, 7 seconds, and others, 80's Post-Punk (Joy Division, the cure, siouxsie and the banshees, sisters of mercy, bauhaus), Grunge (Nirvana, Mad Season, Pearl Jam, old soundgarden stuff, Alice in Chains, Temple of the Dog, and a few more that don't come to mind), Progressive Rock (Tool, King Crimson, Yes, Genesis, The Flower Kings, Pink Floyd), Psychedelic Rock, Goth Rock (which easily blends with Post-punk, I could add Dead can Dance) World Music - Ravi Shankar, Deep Forest, Enya) Folk Rock, Folk, 50's Jazz is nice too, Pretty much the span of music I listen to, oh forgot to mention Heavy Metal (Old stuff like Black Sabbath and Iron Maiden, and some stuff by Zepplin is great too!), Classical music as well (really a fan of Stravinksy and a few others) oh and Gregorian Chants are neat too but I think it has this morbidity to it that I find awesome. so yeah, that's me as an INTP sx/so 5w4.

ISTP balanced 5. This list is 95% me too. The other 5% is only because I haven't yet heard them.I LOVE Siouxie and the Banshees.

copperfish17

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Classical music. Opera (what I'm addicted to atm). Jazz is pretty cool. Dance/electronica is my guilty pleasure.

92% of pop is atrocious. Never really liked metal. Not really into bands (the ones with guitars and drums and whatnot) either.

Argentum

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Hmmm...

I am a 5w4, but I don't really have a predilection for the keyboard. Sure, piano concertos can be nice...but not all of the time. I'd rather listen to a string quartet above any keyboarded song as a general rule.

I prefer melodic trance, classical (impressionistic and baroque the best), celtic, j-pop, and industrial. But, I can find something that I like in most genres.

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

My music taste is extremely broad, from classical, to jazz, to trance, to hardstyle/hardcore. But not one genre I really like in general. It's always specific songs from the various genres that I like but also plenty of songs in the genre I don't like at all.

Metal is probably my least favorite though. There are a few songs I enjoy, very few, but generally I just don't see the beauty in it.

This. I will listen to quite a bit of metal, though, when the mood hits me.

Have no interest in country...none at all.

Lottie

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've always liked nerdy rock bands and indie. Grunge and alternative too.
Weezer is great. Beck is cool. I also like Nirvana.
We Are Scientists is good.

Oh, yeah. And sometimes I listen to Vocaloid. *crawls in a hole*

herbpixie

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
5w4 here, and I listen to a pretty wide variety of music, although I tend to prefer indie rock. Favorites are Bowie (as evidenced by my avatar), Jack White, Devotchka, Modest Mouse, REM, etc. I neither love nor hate the keyboard. I am, however, a big fan of the accordion in rock music. Accordions are pretty awesome.

Daemon Corax

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp
5w4 here (almost balanced wings, though). I'm rather fond of classical music, with the piano being my favourite instrument. Might appear to be similar to a keyboard, but I'm not such a big fan of those. Also, I enjoy metal (I'm definitely an exponent of the classical music - metal correlation), as well as post-rock, folk and some jazz. Many tracks that have made their way into my list of favourites are instrumental.

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Varried but in general that it is easier to define it by what music I don't like very much (and usually there are some exceptions). I don't like countrypop- in general.

Wolfie

MBTI Type
xNxx
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so
I am a 5w4 or 4w5.

I have very broad musical tastes. I like folk, (old) country, bluegrass, rock (classic, indie, grudge, 60s, early, some punk, alternative, hard), various international stuff, oldies, motown, soul, jazz, swing, electronic, experimental, classical, hiphop, opera, some pop, and soooo on.

Some of my friends joke that I like "heroin music", which I guess is what they think the sad, strange music I tend to prefer is. I am REALLY into lyrical stuff, poetic songwriting, and vocal talent, but it can't really be on its own or I find it boring. I like really emotional music.

Ism

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
I best like Electronic music, Pop, Classical, New Age, and Alternative Rock. I'm a fan of hip hop, too, but that comes in waves.

acronach

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i will listen to almost anything. For the most part though i like a lot of rock music, classic, modern, ect. cant go wrong. rock n roll will never die

-screamo is annoying, but the guitarwork is kind of a redemption if you block out the vocals
-i enjoy most dubstep but dont listen to it that often
-thrash metals pretty good i guess, ill listen to it
-death metal is pretty much almost the same as screamo. same thing applies
-rap, i will not listen to anything where half the lyrics will dissappear if you remove the words "bitch" "slut" and "fuck" but other than that, if its not city trash that tries to pull itself off as rap, i generally view it as a work of art
-depending on what it is, some folk music is actuially kinda good XP im actually kinda into irish folk music, i dont care what anyone says about it

be advised, if you say anything against guns n roses or red hot chili peppers i will stalk you down and kill you in your sleep :3

tkae.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I own a keyboard.

Unfortunately I can't play it. But that's another story.

This pretty much. I like at least one artist from every genre, though mainstream hip hop (Lil Wayne type stuff) and Classic Rock are my least favorite.

If I had to rank the top three artists based on whose songs I like most, it'd be 1.) Seo Taiji (one of his songs is in my profile), 2.) Matisyahu, and 3.) Janis Joplin.