User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Enneagram
    9w8

I'm into most any style. I even find people who sing "off key" intriguing.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by PsychadelicJesus View Post
    It seems like most 5s I see are into something that requires a keyboard. Personally I love rock! More specifically I love grunge and classic rock. What kind of music are you guys into? Is the keyboard fetish a 5w6 fascination, or are most Intps into it? [edited for spelling - Mal]
    I was raised on pop 70s music. I tended to like soft rock better, but I liked some hard rock too. The radio played a lot of Beatles which I liked, and at the time I enjoyed the older 50s music which came on occasionally. I don't care for 50s music anymore as my tastes have changed over the decades. My tastes back then were very eclectic. I liked listening to the keyboard, or piano. I loved Elton John, and two years ago I was able to see him in concert for the first time.

As I grew older I went through various phases. A Beatles phase, Elvis phase, Stones phase, Simon and Garfunkel phase, ELO phase. Billy Joel was great on the piano keyboard. But then Chicago was also a great eclectic band which is still around. I saw them in concert about 10 years ago. Steely Dan was great for a while. Then I listened to classical and found Beethoven to be my favorite.

The 1980s saw a lot of weird experimental music, some of which I liked. In the 2000s I finally caught up with 90s Alternative. Everything through the year 2006 or 2007 I enjoy, but nowadays it seems that Rock music is going down the tubes.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Tho this may be the NeTi variant (Be careful, I have already lost a headset on that song)

[URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

I am a keyboardist and compose my own stuff. The only way you'll be able to relate 5w6 vs 5w4 is that a 5w6 is more likely than a 5w4 to follow convention - but still have more of an exploratory/experimental touch to their music, whereas a 5w4 would more likely spend more time exploring their feelings as they are not as detached from them.

A high-functioning 5w4's music could even resemble that of a 4 in that it will have a hint of surrealism combined with an authentic, recognizable signature.

I prefer the more intense kind of music - such as dark/death metal, alternative. Heavy guitars, growling really get me going. The more intense, esoteric, dark and surreal the better. I'll provide some examples:

On a relatively lighter side:

As for keyboards, I've always had a thing for Enigma and Schiller came much later.

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I consider myself more of a 5w6 but have a strong 4 streak at times.

I listen to a wide variety of music. Not much rap or country but occasionally I'll find something I enjoy here.

Right now, mostly classic rock, musical soundtracks, but also weird, off-beat electronic music like Aphex Twin or Brian Eno.
    I also like videogame music but that's just the nerd in me.

I also like musicians such as Tori Amos, Kate Bush and Bjork. I don't know how to describe their style, but other than being unique, with an interesting voice and kinda mysterious. I think they might be on the 5/4 line?
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 so/sx

I like alternative rock: the talking heads, pixies, arcade fire, sebadoh, hole, ludella black
    Proto-punk: velvet underground, stooges, garage rock
    Punk and hardcore: X, bad brains, minor threat, ram ones, clash, the vibrators
    Post punk, glam and new wave: joy division, new order, David Bowie, roxy music,
    electronica: beach house, the knife, daft punk

I like vocalists that seem raw and gritty as opposed to polished. Generally I like voice texture/vamping, but don't pay so much attention to lyrics. My favorite lyrics are straight forward.

Every so often I'm in the mood for some old school mowtown, surf rock, 60s folk, gangsta rap. I can also get in the mood for some pop or dance rap.

Don't really like the "brighter" sounding techno, dubstep or pop metal (korn, slip knot, evanescence)

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by SuchIrony View Post
    I consider myself more of a 5w6 but have a strong 4 streak at times.

I listen to a wide variety of music. Not much rap or country but occasionally I'll find something I enjoy here.

Right now, mostly classic rock, musical soundtracks, but also weird, off-beat electronic music like Aphex Twin or Brian Eno.
    I also like videogame music but that's just the nerd in me.

I also like musicians such as Tori Amos, Kate Bush and Bjork. I don't know how to describe their style, but other than being unique, with an interesting voice and kinda mysterious. I think they might be on the 5/4 line?
    Lot's of good picks.

I think tori and Kate are usually described as 70s style singer songwritwers. The three are all vocally driven sort of ethereal idiosyncratic singers. Just got into Kate bush myself. Really like wuthering heights

MBTI
    INtP
    Enneagram
    5w4

I listen to anything that intrigues me.

I like dream pop, jazz, blues, classical music, 90s rock, rock, acoustic covers (...)
    E.g. Coco Rosie, Imany, Frank Sinatra, Miles Davis, U2, The Beatles, Eminem, Kanye West, Gorillaz, Laura Jansen, Johnny Cash, She & Him, Damien Rice

But as with most INTPS that has commentated, ya I can't really take metal. I don't know, it's too noisy and I would prefer music that are soothing or calming. I mean it is already a chaos in my head, I don't want more chaos.
    “Sometimes I’m terrified of my heart; of its constant hunger for whatever it is it wants. The way it stops and starts.”
    ― Edgar Allan Poe

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Polka.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp
    Socionics
    ILI

Let me preface this by saying this is just the tip of the iceberg, but you'll get the gist of my taste. And yes, some genres over lap. I don't need a lecture from music snobs.

alternative rock
    (radiohead)

blues rock
    (classic - Cream, Jimi Hendrix, Led Zeppelin, Allman Brothers; new - The White Stripes, The Black Keys, Jack White)

country funk
    (cherokee)

electronic/a
    (blackbird blackbird, apparat, tycho, trentemoller, chromatics, air, memory tapes, purity ring, burial, how to dress well)

folk/folk-rock
    (a.a. bondy, nick drake, laura marling)

garage rock
    (the kills)

gothic rock
    (the cure)

grunge
    (nirvana, pearl jam)

heavy metal
    (black sabbath)

indie
    (the radio department, zoo animal, angus and julia stone, cat power, the raveonettes, the horrors, grimes, the xx, mac demarco, elliot smith, cloud nothings, the antlers, deerhunter, grizzly bear, sparklehorse, polica, cold specks)

industrial
    (nine inch nails)

new wave
    (new order, freur)

post-dubstep
    (james blake)

post-punk
    (joy division)

progressive rock
    (the mothers of invention)

psychedelic rock
    (the doors, the zombies, pink floyd, tame impala)

rock
    (queen, link wray)

singer/songwriter
    (this list is way too long so I won't even bother)
    Strong preference of Introversion over Extroversion (89%) ; Distinct preference of Intuition over Sensing (62%) ; Slight preference of Thinking over Feeling (12%) ; Slight preference of Judging over Perceiving (22%) - { slightly cracked }

- MY TUMBLR -