• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Other/Multiple Enneatypes] Difference between SX 3 and SO 4?

Boo

MBTI Type
ENFP
Usually a 3 by default would be an SO and a 4 SX, but what if it were reversed?

Boo

MBTI Type
ENFP
I had read somewhere that when first introduced to variants, a 3 would appear to be a SO because of status, & 4 SX because it is more emotional and intense.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Self-pres and Socials are currents, Sexuals are rares, wathever their enneatype is.

Boo

MBTI Type
ENFP
I thought Sp would be rare...o_o I dont know anyone like that hahaha!
Either way, how would you distinguish SO and SX if youre stuck...say youre intense and emotional but seek social gatherings for stimulation?

VagrantFarce

I thought Sp would be rare...o_o I dont know anyone like that hahaha!
Either way, how would you distinguish SO and SX if youre stuck...say youre intense and emotional but seek social gatherings for stimulation?

You have all 3 instincts, you don't have to choose one over the two (or indeed dismiss 1 for the others). This is what the instinctual stackings are all about, where you rank the 3 based on how prominent they are in your behaviour.

Boo

MBTI Type
ENFP
You have all 3 instincts, you don't have to choose one over the two (or indeed dismiss 1 for the others). This is what the instinctual stackings are all about, where you rank the 3 based on how prominent they are in your behaviour.
Another question I had was if these stacks and Enneatypes are ingrained at the first stages of life and development?

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The dominant instinct is ingrained during childhood development.

Boo

MBTI Type
ENFP
The dominant instinct is ingrained during childhood development.
Okay good, because I had another question attached to that if my initial question's answer was a yes.
Say you had an experience early on in childhood that may or may not have changed your instinct...? Because as a child I was bullied and ever since then I care about social hierarchies, before that I'm not sure what I could have been since that was relatively a long time ago.