User Tag List

Default Type 8 - Instinctual

What does gut driven mean? What is gut instinct in explicit terms?

All input welcome from any type.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenaphor View Post

Hello

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

gut driven means that you carry your energy in your gut and mostly use your instincts and intuition to make decisions
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

A window to the soul

Default Acting Without Thinking

Now this is just a guess... I'm guessing 'gut driven' is referring to immediate actions that are driven by feelings (possibly associated with memory). Specifically, I'm imagining external stimuli evoking an intense feeling associated with memory; as a result, one is prompted to spontaneously act on that feeling without logically considering other possibilities.

More accurately though, I'm guessing 'gut driven' is not as complicated as that and is simply acting without thinking. For example, you feel like punching someone in the face, you just haul off and punch them in the face. lolz!

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

I do best with examples.

You meet someone. You instantly, for some reason, think, "This person.. I should be distant from them. Or not get close to them." Bad vibes are coming from them. Whether that ends up being correct or not later on, who is to say.. but that feeling is instinct.

Gut instinct driven - You'd be a bit cold and distant from them, regardless of evidence to back up that instinct.
    Not instinctive - Your immediate reflex is to stay back.. you question it, and analyze it, and trying to figure out why while silently noting it, but you don't stop yourself or change your behavior to accomodate that reflex until evidence shows itself (i.e. they do something that would make you change your behavior.)
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd Girl View Post
    Now this is just a guess... I'm guessing 'gut driven' is referring to immediate actions that are driven by feelings (possibly associated with memory). Specifically, I'm imagining external stimuli evoking an intense feeling associated with memory; as a result, one is prompted to spontaneously act on that feeling without logically considering other possibilities.

More accurately though, I'm guessing 'gut driven' is without reflection or void feelings associated with memory. In other words, 'gut driven' may simply be that one is acting without thinking. For example, you feel like punching someone in the face, you just haul off and punch them in the face, lolz!
    This was very well written. I couldn't have put it any better. Though, with the latter part.. Society tends to force us to reflect after a while of negative consequences as a result of our instant reactions. we get calmer and more reflective and proactive about our behavior as we age.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

ThatGirl

Hm, sometimes I get this overwhelming sensation as though I just take a stance. Before I review all fact, all contingencies, I just fucking know.

It never matters how much something "makes sense" or how right it could be, I just wont budge on my stance.

I figure this has something to do with intuition, given that instinct can rarely be denied (someone is chasing you, you're going to run or fight). Then again I also think intuition is mostly F.

Fight or flight is also where I would imagine instinctual resides. But this is based on fear and every type has a clearly defined fear which means they too, will react accordingly. So, what makes an 8 different, as it relates to instinct?

Fight or flight is also where I would imagine instinctual resides. But this is based on fear and every type has a clearly defined fear which means they too, will react accordingly. So, what makes an 8 different, as it relates to instinct?
    The difference is that its more prevalent in Eights than other types, since they over-identify with their gut - much like Fives over-identify with thinking. Fives aren't thinking any differently than anyone else, they're just more predisposed towards it.

Now, why do they think more than others? That's the real question.
    Hello