• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 7] Having doubts about my enneatype again =(

Elfboy revisted

• 8w9

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • 9w8

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2w3

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • 2w1

• 4w3

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • 3w2

• 3w4

Votes: 4 23.5%

• Total voters

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
...Did Fauvre just describe Eights as "more adult" than the other types? :shock:

No offense, Elfboy, but I'm not sure I'm buying what he's selling. Teenage Sevens don't become adult Eights - they become adult Sevens. They become Marlene Dietrichs, Steven Spielbergs, Robin Williamses, Wolfgang Mozarts and JFKs.

Then again, maybe I misunderstood him... :shrug:

I think you did :laugh: he's saying their energy is more that of a teenager while the 2 is a motherly energy and the 8 and 1 are more father-like energies. I have to admit though, it does make 3-7 look kinda bad

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
I think you did :laugh: he's saying their energy is more that of a teenager while the 2 is a motherly energy and the 8 and 1 are more father-like energies. I have to admit though, it does make 3-7 look kinda bad

I see... sorry if I overreacted, it's just, it drives me up the wall when people use personality typing as a way of rejecting other people for what they are... :sad:

To compensate, I'll link to a good Eight description! :smile: Voila! (Scroll down to "The Powerful Person")

Core Value Tendency: EIGHTS are attracted to and appreciate power. They desire to be strong, independent, straightforward, assertive persons, who use their strength and influence to make the world a more just place to live in. They value equity, the equal distribution of power, and show a concern for the underprivileged and disenfranchised. Being your own person, doing your own thing, protecting your own is what life is all about.
(...)
Adaptive Behavioral Schemas: Forceful actions that follow from a proper understanding of justice and from an attitude of innocence are tempered by a compassionate concern for oneself and others. EIGHTS can tell the truth, tell it like it is, in a way that is challenging and up-building while not being punitive or tearing down. They are self confident, self-assured, magnanimous, good leaders, energized by a challenge and appreciating a good contest. EIGHTS can move against others to get what they need and to protect their territory. They can take charge, act on their own, and get things done. They enjoy exerting energy, protecting the weak, and empowering the disenfranchised.
(...)
Resourceful State: When EIGHTS are in a resourceful relaxed state, they believe that the world is just and that justice will come about without their having to seek vengeance. They trust others and respect their rights as much as they demand respect for their own rights. Assuming an attitude of innocence, they use their power to build others up and help them vs intimidating or debunking them. In touch with their tender gentle side, they are compassionate toward themselves and others. They personify the saying: There is nothing stronger than true gentleness and nothing gentler than true strength. I am therefore I am powerfully present replaces Yeah, though I walk through the Valley of Darkness, I shall fear no evil, for I am the meanest SOB in the valley.

Hope you'll forgive me... :hug:

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I see... sorry if I overreacted, it's just, it drives me up the wall when people use personality typing as a way of rejecting other people for what they are... :sad:

To compensate, I'll link to a good Eight description! :smile: Voila! (Scroll down to "The Powerful Person")

Hope you'll forgive me... :hug:

you didn't overreact, you made an incorrect hypothesis. not the same thing :laugh:
and the description is great :)

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Type 1 qualities in me
- self righteous as hell (I'm sure most people who've read my posts will agree with that lol)
- not standing for any kind of injustice
- justice > people
- desire to be "pure"
- consider myself superior to those I deem immoral
- "Judge not lest you be judged"... I don't follow this lol
- I relate to a ton of 1s like Light Yagami, Joan of Arc and Frollo from Hunchback of Notre Dame
- the one time in my life where I was severely stressed, I turned like Frollo from the Hunchback of Notre Dame
- can also turn into a rigid bastard under stress (occurences of this are few and far between)
- I get the paradoxical "ego trip of having high self esteem" that characterizes the type 1
- when I watched Death Note, I thought Kira had a good point :laugh:
- if someone doesn't possess moral integrity, there is no way for them to redeem themselves in my eyes
- I like to think I'm this righteous hero who's come to save everyone. it was hard for me to accept that people are naturally good because I wanted to condemn them as evil so I could disassociate myself from them (accepting this principle required quite the release of ego)
- I have no sympathy for criminals or societal dredges
- I don't consider myself a rebel. in my eyes, I'm the authority and they're the ones rebelling against me
- tend to be respectful and referent of things that are important
- I don't see any of myself in the unhealthy 8 descriptions, but I see a fair amount of myself in the unhealthy 1 descriptions

things about me that aren't 1
- not a perfectionist in any sense of the word
- have more of an "attitude" than most 1s. there is nothing goody 2 shoes about me
- would like to be pure... but I'm not :laugh:
- don't serve anyone or anything
- incredibly self serving and not altruistic at all
- I'm not nit picky about most things
- healthy 8s can seem a lot like 1s
- NF 8s can seem a lot like 1s
- NFs in general can seem a lot like 1s
- 1s try to convert their enemies, 8s slay them... I'm a slayer
- I love rap, which is like the opposite vibe as type 1
- 1s are the pure, goody 2 shoes hero, 8s are the spunky hero with attitude and personality. I am the latter

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
- have more of an "attitude" than most 1s. there is nothing goody 2 shoes about me

Well, Ones can be quite prickly at times. Raul Julia's character in Kiss of the Spider Woman, for example.

- would like to be pure... but I'm not :laugh:

Ones idealize purity, since it's their Holy Idea, but that does not make them pure. The unhealthy Ones rationalize away their impurity and blame others so they can feel purer by comparison, like Frollo.

- don't serve anyone or anything

Ones can be pretty independent, which is why they frequently mistype as Fives.

- incredibly self serving and not altruistic at all

We've been through this... All types, even Twos, can be self-serving in their own way. Type =/= morality.

- I'm not nit picky about most things

Well, not all Ones are that nitpicky, especially 1w9s and Intuitives.

- healthy 8s can seem a lot like 1s

True. :yes: Just watch about any Western-genre movies. They see people being oppressed, they put their foot down.

- NF 8s can seem a lot like 1s

Again, very true. MLK, for example.

- NFs in general can seem a lot like 1s

True, but, I think slightly less true of ENFPs, who often look like Sevens...

They sometimes lack the One's slight detachment, though.

- 1s try to convert their enemies, 8s slay them... I'm a slayer

Could you elaborate on that? I don't want to think you're a serial killer, but... :shock:

Note, though, that Ones can be quite ruthless if they perceive their enemies as "impure". The Inquisition was a prime example.

- I love rap, which is like the opposite vibe as type 1

Well, type =/= music taste, but I do find it hard to think of, say, Teresa Lisbon from The Mentalist as a rap fan. :laugh:

- 1s are the pure, goody 2 shoes hero, 8s are the spunky hero with attitude and personality. I am the latter

Ones aren't so much purist as critical and attentive to standards. They aren't all Miss Manners types, though they also hold back a lot, so I'd be hard-pressed to find a One "spunky". :laugh:

Ones do have personalities! :nono: They are properly categorized and shelved in their speckless files. :newwink:

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well, Ones can be quite prickly at times. Raul Julia's character in Kiss of the Spider Woman, for example.

Ones idealize purity, since it's their Holy Idea, but that does not make them pure. The unhealthy Ones rationalize away their impurity and blame others so they can feel purer by comparison, like Frollo.

Ones can be pretty independent, which is why they frequently mistype as Fives.

We've been through this... All types, even Twos, can be self-serving in their own way. Type =/= morality.

Well, not all Ones are that nitpicky, especially 1w9s and Intuitives.

True. :yes: Just watch about any Western-genre movies. They see people being oppressed, they put their foot down.

Again, very true. MLK, for example.

True, but, I think slightly less true of ENFPs, who often look like Sevens...

They sometimes lack the One's slight detachment, though.

Could you elaborate on that? I don't want to think you're a serial killer, but... :shock:

Note, though, that Ones can be quite ruthless if they perceive their enemies as "impure". The Inquisition was a prime example.

Well, type =/= music taste, but I do find it hard to think of, say, Teresa Lisbon from The Mentalist as a rap fan. :laugh:

Ones aren't so much purist as critical and attentive to standards. They aren't all Miss Manners types, though they also hold back a lot, so I'd be hard-pressed to find a One "spunky". :laugh:

Ones do have personalities! :nono: They are properly categorized and shelved in their speckless files. :newwink:

you make excelent points. especially after watching the first few episodes of Code Geass, I've looked at Lelouch (1w9) and been like "omg that is SO me!"

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
It should be noted, though, that Eights embrace their anger more often than Ones, or so I've heard. Ones tend to rationalize their anger as criticism and condemnation, instead of finding healthy ways of sublimating it. They don't want to become "irrational" or "temperamental", preferring to maintain a tight rein on their temper. It explains why sometimes they're said to have big sticks up their a**es. :newwink:

I do love them, though. Heck, I love most balanced types, but Ones have an alluring mixture of politeness and intensity. That, and you can't not admire their work ethic.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It should be noted, though, that Eights embrace their anger more often than Ones, or so I've heard. Ones tend to rationalize their anger as criticism and condemnation, instead of finding healthy ways of sublimating it. They don't want to become "irrational" or "temperamental", preferring to maintain a tight rein on their temper. It explains why sometimes they're said to have big sticks up their a**es. :newwink:

I do love them, though. Heck, I love most balanced types, but Ones have an alluring mixture of politeness and intensity. That, and you can't not admire their work ethic.

- my work ethic friggin sucks lol
- polite yet intense, that's definitely me
- I hate rules and authority
- not wanting to be seen as irrational or temperamental, that's me too ^v^
- I don't feel like I spend the majority of my time chasing after a cause, but when I do, I'm damn good at it and all of a sudden turn into this ENTJ-esque charismatic leader type who is competent and decisive.
- I can seem like their is a stick up my ass when I'm angry. I get very formal and composed and start speaking like a father giving his son a lecture (I try to tone this down though, it's gotta be annoying as fuck lol)
- I would love to view myself as the mythic hero type that so characterizes the INFP 1w9 (they might just be my favorite type)

I have a ton of 8 qualities too though
- protectiveness
- tons of spunk
- disagreeable
- entrepreneural
- power seeking
- I HATE being told what to do.
- it's my way or the high way. screw compromising
- playful, love to be wild

I don't have the natural strength and confidence of an 8 though. I do have tremendous amounts of both, but I had to work for them. I was a timid little kid

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Step away from the topic. Don't think about it. Return to it at a later date, wait a few days, a few weeks. Time can crystallize things by creating distance and a larger scope. This intent, myopic hyperfocus is only going to distort the truth.

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
Well, I'm currently on the fence... Mind you, I don't have much real-life experience with this stuff, so I might be wrong on some accounts...

If you were a One, though, I'd guess you were a Two-winger... The protectiveness thing and all. In any case, I'd say you either have a strong wing or are heavily influenced by your other Centers (i. e. your non-primary Tritype numbers).

I'm facing a similar dilemma myself, being torn between 6 and 9 and possibly even other types... You're not alone. :hug:

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well, I'm currently on the fence... Mind you, I don't have much real-life experience with this stuff, so I might be wrong on some accounts...

If you were a One, though, I'd guess you were a Two-winger... The protectiveness thing and all. In any case, I'd say you either have a strong wing or are heavily influenced by your other Centers (i. e. your non-primary Tritype numbers).

I'm facing a similar dilemma myself, being torn between 6 and 9 and possibly even other types... You're not alone. :hug:

no, if it's 1, definitely 1w9. 1w2 is the advocate, the crusader for peace etc. 1w9 is the Idealist, The Revolutionary, The Mystic Hero. these are your Light Yagami's, Joan of Arcs and Mithos Yggdrassil's. I am definitely not 1w2 :)

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
no, if it's 1, definitely 1w9. 1w2 is the advocate, the crusader for peace etc. 1w9 is the Idealist, The Revolutionary, The Mystic Hero. these are your Light Yagami's, Joan of Arcs and Mithos Yggdrassil's. I am definitely not 1w2 :)

I'm not sure I "get" the distinction... could you elaborate, please? :thinking:

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
well, perhaps a few examples

1w9
Light Yagami (Death Note)
Joan of Arc (she's often cited as 1w2, but I really don't think so)
Mithos Yggdrassil (Tales of Symphonia) I used to think he was an 8
Saito Hajime (Rurouni Kenshin)
Lelouch (Code Geass)
Balmung (.hack//sign)
Frollo (Hunchback of Notre Dame)

1w2
Mother Teresa
Ghandi
Pope John Paul II
Tsuzaku (Code Geass)

I've noticed 1w9s NFs tend to be NFPs while 1w2 NFs tend to be NFJs.

1w2s would be more likely to:
- help starving children in africa
- pursue humanitarian activities
- start an instintution or foundation an underpriveledged group of people

1w9s would be more likely to
- overthrow a corrupt regime
- start a political movement
- spearhead a revolution
- beat the shit out of a bully picking on a younger kid

as a whole, 1w2s are more about helping people while 1w9 are about bringing justice and defending the weak.

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
1w2s would be more likely to:
- help starving children in africa
- pursue humanitarian activities
- start an instintution or foundation an underpriveledged group of people

1w9s would be more likely to
- overthrow a corrupt regime
- start a political movement
- spearhead a revolution
- beat the shit out of a bully picking on a younger kid

as a whole, 1w2s are more about helping people while 1w9 are about bringing justice and defending the weak.

Really? :huh: I dunno, I don't see how a Nine-wing would lead to that sort of behavior... I imagine it makes Ones more laid-back and theoretical, even fanciful (C. S. Lewis, for example); I an also see how it may lead Ones to focus on an abstract ideal, crafting moral postulates that seem logical but can become downright draconian when led to their extreme - they become obsessed with fuzzy generalities, removed from the "real" world of "real" people.

From some online profiles:

1w9 - "Unhealthy people of this subtype are almost completely dissociated from their emotions and contradictions. They resist seeing what does not fit into their world view. They tend to be inaccessible emotionally and intellectually, barricading themselves behind stubbornly held opinions. They can be very severe because their punitive tendencies are not checked by any real compassion for or identification with other human beings. Unhealthy Ones with a Nine-wing are extremely intolerant and self-righteous. They readily become obsessed with what they see as the evildoing of others, and compulsive about taking measures to rectify it, while dissociating themselves from contradictions in their own behavior. They cause others a great deal of harm because they do not understand the nature or extent of the suffering the unhesitatingly inflict on others."

1w2 - "Unhealthy Ones with a Two-wing may be intolerant of and condescending to those who disagree with them. They may attempt to manipulate others emotionally, making them feel guilty for being less perfect than they should be. These people have a tendency toward self-deception about their own motives and self-righteousness when their motives or actions are qustioned. They can be high-handed and hypocritical, guilty of the very faults they condemn in others. Self-deception and feelings of entitlement make their defenses particularly difficult to break. There is a tremendous amount of covert aggression in persons of this subtype, both from the repressed aggression in persons of this subtype, both from the repressed aggression of the One and the indirect aggression of the Two. Unhealthy Ones with a Two-wing may have physical problems (conversion reactions), compulsive habits, or nervous breakdowns as the result of the anxiety generated by their contradictions."

Howzat sound to you? :thinking: I just want to clarify those things...

PS: I've heard mentions of INFP Ones, I've thought it would be pretty plausible, but I never seem to come across an example... I've seen Gandhi and Arthur Miller typed as both, though (also, some profiles peg Gandhi as a 1w9).

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Really? :huh: I dunno, I don't see how a Nine-wing would lead to that sort of behavior... I imagine it makes Ones more laid-back and theoretical, even fanciful (C. S. Lewis, for example); I an also see how it may lead Ones to focus on an abstract ideal, crafting moral postulates that seem logical but can become downright draconian when led to their extreme - they become obsessed with fuzzy generalities, removed from the "real" world of "real" people.

From some online profiles:

1w9 - "Unhealthy people of this subtype are almost completely dissociated from their emotions and contradictions. They resist seeing what does not fit into their world view. They tend to be inaccessible emotionally and intellectually, barricading themselves behind stubbornly held opinions. They can be very severe because their punitive tendencies are not checked by any real compassion for or identification with other human beings. Unhealthy Ones with a Nine-wing are extremely intolerant and self-righteous. They readily become obsessed with what they see as the evildoing of others, and compulsive about taking measures to rectify it, while dissociating themselves from contradictions in their own behavior. They cause others a great deal of harm because they do not understand the nature or extent of the suffering the unhesitatingly inflict on others."

1w2 - "Unhealthy Ones with a Two-wing may be intolerant of and condescending to those who disagree with them. They may attempt to manipulate others emotionally, making them feel guilty for being less perfect than they should be. These people have a tendency toward self-deception about their own motives and self-righteousness when their motives or actions are qustioned. They can be high-handed and hypocritical, guilty of the very faults they condemn in others. Self-deception and feelings of entitlement make their defenses particularly difficult to break. There is a tremendous amount of covert aggression in persons of this subtype, both from the repressed aggression in persons of this subtype, both from the repressed aggression of the One and the indirect aggression of the Two. Unhealthy Ones with a Two-wing may have physical problems (conversion reactions), compulsive habits, or nervous breakdowns as the result of the anxiety generated by their contradictions."

Howzat sound to you? :thinking: I just want to clarify those things...

PS: I've heard mentions of INFP Ones, I've thought it would be pretty plausible, but I never seem to come across an example... I've seen Gandhi and Arthur Miller typed as both, though (also, some profiles peg Gandhi as a 1w9).

1w9 most certainly sounds more like me of the two. I see much of my former self in this description

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
1w9 most certainly sounds more like me of the two. I see much of my former self in this description

Well, you do seem pretty laid-back to me. I was just trying to undertand your reasoning, that's all. :blush:

Not that all Ones are laid-back; Mr. Spock from Star Trek and Miles Edgeworth from the Ace Attorney series are pretty uptight 1w9s, though they're also more remote and less vocal than 1w2s.

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
I second the motion!

judgie-gavel(d).gif

If you could give us your argument, please, Ms. Chloé...

(I had to do this. I had to.)

G

garbage

Is there anything that distinctively makes you say, "Not 9"? Specifically, "Not 9w8"?

To me, you kind of give off the same sort of vibes that BlackCat does.