• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 7] Having doubts about my enneatype again =(

Elfboy revisted

• 8w9

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • 9w8

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2w3

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • 2w1

• 4w3

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • 3w2

• 3w4

Votes: 4 23.5%

• Total voters

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
sorry, you guys must be getting tired of this :doh:

I've been wandering for a while why some of the traits of type 8 just weren't measuring up at all.

My parents were having a dinner party the last night and had several guests with small children (ages 6-12) with them, so they asked me to entertain the kids so they wouldn't get bored. so we all went to the basement, ran around and bashed each other up with boffers (swords with foam padding). after that we watched a movie and I made snacks and tea for everybody. that's when it hit me, I think it would be extremely unusual for a 19 year old, male 8 to be so naturally good with children. I love small children and they love me :hug: in fact, I could probably work at a day care the rest of my life and be perfectly content (not that I intend to, it doesn't make nearly enough $$$$$).

the same trend is evident with my older friends too. if you're feeling down, I'm a great person to vent to (at the right time and place of course) and love to be people's personal therapist. if they're really feeling down, I usually cover them with a blanket, get them a cup of hot chocolate and give them a backrub :hug:
anyway, the basic point I'm trying to get at is that I feel so much more affectionate, cuddly and maternal than most male 8s. all the male 8s I know come off as these gruff, tough bad boys who are constantly rebelling against something or trying to dominate something. I'm quite rebellious and have a significant contempt for authority, but I don't view myself as gruff and tough at all. even at my most unhealthy, I've been very 5-ish, but never very tough guy or macho (ugh, I HATE people like this...)

I'd really prefer to be a more warm, cuddly person who looks after people, comforts them when they're feeling down and is a good role model and provider. hell, I could probably have a blast doing the same sorts of things as a little girl (tea parties, playing dress up, listening to girly music, watching romance movies). that being said, I have many more 8-ish interests (violent action movies, sparring, working out, entrepreneurship, going on crazy adventures) but the first set of interests I've listed I could not see being present in a type 8 (especially a male type 8 lol).

all this being said, as 2-ish as this post sounds, I don't relate to any of the weaknesses of a 2. if anything, they kinda piss me off sometimes (I hate people pleasing and self depreciating humor and I view the 2s need for people as borderline pathetic. enjoying being with people and connecting with them is one thing; being dependent on them for your self worth is another)

VagrantFarce

Why aren't you a 7? Your family's instinct was to rely on you to ensure the kids were not bored and had a good time, that says a lot about who you are.

Do you sometimes recognize how other people can be boring or miserable? Do you accuse them of such when in a bad mood, even if it isn't out-loud? Are you an optimistic, cheerful person? Is your natural response to "look on the bright side of life", even in dire situations?

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
My parents were having a dinner party the last night and had several guests with small children (ages 6-12) with them, so they asked me to entertain the kids so they wouldn't get bored. so we all went to the basement, ran around and bashed each other up with boffers (swords with foam padding). after that we watched a movie and I made snacks and tea for everybody. that's when it hit me, I think it would be extremely unusual for a 19 year old, male 8 to be so naturally good with children. I love small children and they love me :hug: in fact, I could probably work at a day care the rest of my life and be perfectly content (not that I intend to, it doesn't make nearly enough $$$$$).

Oh I don't think that's true. I'm an 8 and I love kids. I think we are very protective and nurturing with children. I'm not sure you are an 8 but I wouldn't base the answer on how you are with children.

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
Don't forget, the Eight's integration point is Two. When Eights are healthy, their passionate, no-nonsense attitude is tempered by a Twoish affection; they retain their power, yet become magnanimous, generous people. On the flip side, the Two's disintegration point is Eight, so unhealthy Twos become irate and passionately controlling, like the Other Mother from Coraline or Dolores Umbridge from the Harry Potter series.

Not all Eights are the megalomaniac monsters some profiles make them out to be. And, sometimes, the most courageous thing of all is to be tender. :newwink:

You also said you were a Nine-wing, didn't you? I think 8w9s are more nurturing than 8w7s. And there's also your being ENFP, which is a type known for being, at their best, childlike without being childish.

Just my 2¢.

Also, don't worry - heck, I've guessed my Enneatype wrong for a pretty long type! It's a normal part of self-dicovery, and input helps loads.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
It's a fallacy to assume that all 8's are macho tough guys with no care, on the contrary 8's are naturally good leaders which (when healthy) makes them freindly by nature. I'm fairly certain that you were put in place to entertain those children because of your good leadership skills and freindly demeanor. :)

Now, if you want to get farther in depth to your true enneagram type, then why not try and discover you tri-type?

For gut 8 seems just about right

Head I would say 7

And for heart, I suppose 2 or 3

Chloe

8s protect the weak, and challenge better than themselves.

actually, school bully profile matches better CP 6 than 8 ;)

they are Robin Hoods ! :p

you definately have 8's energy ... even at first vibe!

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
eight wing nine. part of 8's charm is protectiveness of those less strong than them. or 7w8 like vagrant said. you seem high-energy

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
eight wing nine. part of 8's charm is protectiveness of those less strong than them. or 7w8 like vagrant said. you seem high-energy

actually for the most part I'm quite low energy, hence preferring to spend so much time on personality forums :laugh:

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
^ You don't strike me as an 8 immediately.. I don't think having a confidence about yourself, and willing to protect those weaker than yourself are at all traits of just an 8.

I could see a 7w8 if you were a bit more high-energy and domineering about what you want out of life.. but you've given the impression of being a gentler, almost lolita-sort of demeanor.. The vibe I've gotten from you has been graceful, thoughtful, and gentle. I could see a type 3, or a type 9. :shrug: Those are my two cents.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It's a fallacy to assume that all 8's are macho tough guys with no care, on the contrary 8's are naturally good leaders which (when healthy) makes them freindly by nature. I'm fairly certain that you were put in place to entertain those children because of your good leadership skills and freindly demeanor. :)

Now, if you want to get farther in depth to your true enneagram type, then why not try and discover you tri-type?

Head I would say 7

actually, I was thinking my tritype was 8-4-7, but maybe it is 8-2-7 (I have my doubts about it being 8-3-7). perhaps I just don't want to admit that I'm 2-ish (most 8s don't lol)

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
actually, I was thinking my tritype was 8-4-7, but maybe it is 8-2-7 (I have my doubts about it being 8-3-7). perhaps I just don't want to admit that I'm 2-ish (most 8s don't lol)

You know what they say: real men wear pink! :newwink:

Also, riddle me this, Macho Man: if you hate wimpy, people-pleasing schmucks and pushovers as much as you say, why you still answering my PMs instead of giving me a wedgie? ;)

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You know what they say: real men wear pink! :newwink:

Also, riddle me this, Macho Man: if you hate wimpy, people-pleasing schmucks and pushovers as much as you say, why you still answering my PMs instead of giving me a wedgie? ;)

well...
1) most obviously, modern technology has not yet made a feasible cyber wedgy possible
2) how would that help you
3) how would that make me feel better
4) you're kind of a people pleaser, but you're not dishonest with it
5) cuz we're palz :hug:

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
well...
1) most obviously, modern technology has not yet made a feasible cyber wedgy possible
2) how would that help you
3) how would that make me feel better
4) you're kind of a people pleaser, but you're not dishonest with it
5) cuz we're palz :hug:

Works for me! :D

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
:laugh: still, even if you are sitting on your butt posting, your posts seem intense in a way.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Originally posted by Elfboy

Well, we now know it should be 8-x-7, your 8 is more thatn apparant as well as your 7. If I had to guess your heart, I'd say 2, although 4 could totally work. :)

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Head I would say 7

I think my heart triad type is 2 now. after watching a lot of stuff on type 4, it really didn't sound like me at all. perhaps what was making me doubt being 8 was the contrast between the more motherly energy of the 2 with the authoritative, patriarchal energy of the 8 (8s and 1s tend to fall into father figure/mentor roles)

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
these videos were useful

PS: David's description of 8 is much more preferable to what most descriptions make us look like

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
You've questioned your E-type too many times now, sorry that means you're a 9. No change backs!

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
these videos were useful

PS: David's description of 8 is much more preferable to what most descriptions make us look like

...Did Fauvre just describe Eights as "more adult" than the other types? :shock:

No offense, Elfboy, but I'm not sure I'm buying what he's selling. Teenage Sevens don't become adult Eights - they become adult Sevens. They become Marlene Dietrichs, Steven Spielbergs, Robin Williamses, Wolfgang Mozarts and JFKs.

Then again, maybe I misunderstood him... :shrug: