4 22.22%
First 789101119 Last

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Counterphobic 6w5. My reasons are contained in your childhood biography. The aggressive part describes Level 6, "The authoritarian rebel." That level doesn't necessarily mean anything for the present day, only for the pre-college years.

There is much evidence of moving up and down levels in your 5-minute bio, which is another indicator of a type 6.

You say you are gut-center, but there is a very distinct focus on rationality in this: "let's not resort to ad hominem shall we? If you have some actual information, I'm all ears, but I don't appreciate your... " Sounds like a type 5, especially if spoken in a calmer tone of voice.

"at home, I was basically a recluse. I just went up to my room and thought about what my beliefs should be..." That is 6 at level 2, with a reclusive 5-wing coming into play. There is the beginning of some self-doubt coming into play, so you were searching for external answers, whether in a group of friends or a belief system.

Your description of moving from an aggressive posture toward life to a more passive one practically screams type 6.

Lastly, the 6 takes a repressive stance toward their own rational minds, so they will bring forward gut center and/or emotional center traits. One can see this easily in your description of your "masculine" assertive earlier years versus the years later on when you appeared to be more like your "feminine" side.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by King-Of-Despair View Post
    Go with it for as long as you can, don't worry too much about whether you're right or wrong, and just make sure you understand each type and get a good feel for them all, making sure that you can identify other people's types and see their traits and how they differ from you. It will then hit you from out of nowhere which type you are.
    this is true. i even dabbled in my real etype for a couple days, then decided to go with a different type, then a week or so later my real one suddenly hit me like a 2x4. slightly painful, but satisfying.

i hadn't thought of cp 6. that's interesting. join us sexual 6s

(edit: i mean sexy 6s... lol... not variant)

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    this is true. i even dabbled in my real etype for a couple days, then decided to go with a different type, then a week or so later my real one suddenly hit me like a 2x4. slightly painful, but satisfying.

i hadn't thought of cp 6. that's interesting. join us sexual 6s
    My experience exactly. At first I went with 5, then decided 4. A month later I went back to 5 and stayed there.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    sorry, you guys must be getting tired of this

I've been wandering for a while why some of the traits of type 8 just weren't measuring up at all.

My parents were having a dinner party the last night and had several guests with small children (ages 6-12) with them, so they asked me to entertain the kids so they wouldn't get bored. so we all went to the basement, ran around and bashed each other up with boffers (swords with foam padding). after that we watched a movie and I made snacks and tea for everybody. that's when it hit me, I think it would be extremely unusual for a 19 year old, male 8 to be so naturally good with children. I love small children and they love me in fact, I could probably work at a day care the rest of my life and be perfectly content (not that I intend to, it doesn't make nearly enough $$$$$).

the same trend is evident with my older friends too. if you're feeling down, I'm a great person to vent to (at the right time and place of course) and love to be people's personal therapist. if they're really feeling down, I usually cover them with a blanket, get them a cup of hot chocolate and give them a backrub
    anyway, the basic point I'm trying to get at is that I feel so much more affectionate, cuddly and maternal than most male 8s. all the male 8s I know come off as these gruff, tough bad boys who are constantly rebelling against something or trying to dominate something. I'm quite rebellious and have a significant contempt for authority, but I don't view myself as gruff and tough at all. even at my most unhealthy, I've been very 5-ish, but never very tough guy or macho (ugh, I HATE people like this...)

I'd really prefer to be a more warm, cuddly person who looks after people, comforts them when they're feeling down and is a good role model and provider. hell, I could probably have a blast doing the same sorts of things as a little girl (tea parties, playing dress up, listening to girly music, watching romance movies). that being said, I have many more 8-ish interests (violent action movies, sparring, working out, entrepreneurship, going on crazy adventures) but the first set of interests I've listed I could not see being present in a type 8 (especially a male type 8 lol).

all this being said, as 2-ish as this post sounds, I don't relate to any of the weaknesses of a 2. if anything, they kinda piss me off sometimes (I hate people pleasing and self depreciating humor and I view the 2s need for people as borderline pathetic. enjoying being with people and connecting with them is one thing; being dependent on them for your self worth is another)
    Dude, you sound just like me from top to bottom and i'm an 8, beyond the shadow of a doubt. That wing-thing isn't really determined, but I remember you having a theory on it.
    Like Viridian said, healthy 8s display the good sides of a 2. That's been pretty evident through my life, when I look back at it.
    Especially when I have been low on money (thus feeling insecure) I become worse than I want to be and have to grab myself by the collar.
    When things are good, I don't have to keep a manual watch on my thoughts, feelings and actions as much because I do what is right, good, nice and such automatically.
    Have you noticed how you become less helpful when you are in a really bad period? Less charming? Duller? Not as entertaining?
    How you suddenly become gregarious, people smile at you a lot and you are generous etc when you are *yourself*, content?

I see lots of 8 in you, mister. I love working with children, too, but avoid it for the same reason as you do.
    Money is really important to me, because it is the embodiment of security in this paradigm, and I need that.
    I need to provide that security for myself and my future family. *And* hopefully get to play with legos and whatnot <3

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    Counterphobic 6w5. My reasons are contained in your childhood biography. The aggressive part describes Level 6, "The authoritarian rebel." That level doesn't necessarily mean anything for the present day, only for the pre-college years.

There is much evidence of moving up and down levels in your 5-minute bio, which is another indicator of a type 6.

You say you are gut-center, but there is a very distinct focus on rationality in this: "let's not resort to ad hominem shall we? If you have some actual information, I'm all ears, but I don't appreciate your... " Sounds like a type 5, especially if spoken in a calmer tone of voice.

"at home, I was basically a recluse. I just went up to my room and thought about what my beliefs should be..." That is 6 at level 2, with a reclusive 5-wing coming into play. There is the beginning of some self-doubt coming into play, so you were searching for external answers, whether in a group of friends or a belief system.

Your description of moving from an aggressive posture toward life to a more passive one practically screams type 6.

Lastly, the 6 takes a repressive stance toward their own rational minds, so they will bring forward gut center and/or emotional center traits. One can see this easily in your description of your "masculine" assertive earlier years versus the years later on when you appeared to be more like your "feminine" side.
    I'll take another look at 6, but I think you have my motivations wrong
    - my neuroticism literally tests at zero.
    - like I said, when I get into confrontations with people, it's not really angry as much as "dramatic"
    - I don't care about security at all except for money lol my focus is on expanding my means, not securing my current means (which is also a very legitimate motivation, it's just not my style lol)
    - I carry my energy and project my energy from my gut. it's hard to explain, it's a sort of sensation really
    - I am not emotional at all (seriously, I wanted to be for the longest time, it just didn't work lol), but I frequently come across that way because I naturally speak/type very intensely (I found this out recently and it seems to support 8 or 9w8)
    - head types need reassurance
    heart types need appreciation
    gut types need acceptance/space to be themselves
    I could go my entire life without appreciation and most of it without reassurence
    - 6s aggression is personal and reactive, my aggression is lustful aggression/wanting to solve the problem
    - that line you thought was 5-ish is actually just Te and the intention is very 8 "your behavior was disrespectful, so I'm punishing/disincentivizing you"
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by YourLocalJesus View Post
    Dude, you sound just like me from top to bottom and i'm an 8, beyond the shadow of a doubt. That wing-thing isn't really determined, but I remember you having a theory on it.
    Like Viridian said, healthy 8s display the good sides of a 2. That's been pretty evident through my life, when I look back at it.
    Especially when I have been low on money (thus feeling insecure) I become worse than I want to be and have to grab myself by the collar.
    When things are good, I don't have to keep a manual watch on my thoughts, feelings and actions as much because I do what is right, good, nice and such automatically.
    Have you noticed how you become less helpful when you are in a really bad period? Less charming? Duller? Not as entertaining?
    How you suddenly become gregarious, people smile at you a lot and you are generous etc when you are *yourself*, content?

I see lots of 8 in you, mister. I love working with children, too, but avoid it for the same reason as you do.
    Money is really important to me, because it is the embodiment of security in this paradigm, and I need that.
    I need to provide that security for myself and my future family. *And* hopefully get to play with legos and whatnot <3
    actually, sometimes I get more charming under stress. lol sorta like Hans Landa from Inglourious Basterds or the stereotypical polite villain who laughs at your attempts to thwart him. other times I do turn dull, less charming and much more negative.
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Chibi Seme
    Sunburst!
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

[QUOTE=Elfboy;1577929]I'll take another look at 6, but I think you have my motivations wrong

That's fine, but I wasn't speaking to your present state of personality. Everything I wrote about concerned your pre-college years.

But you're correct to point out my neglect in dealing with the last part of your post. So I'll correct this right now by taking you at your word. You are non-neurotic, unlike your teenage phase, and have integrated with 9.

Sixes at Nine have "fully overcome their tendencies to be dependent, and instead become autonomous and independent on whom others can and do rely. Integrating Sixes are able to reassure and support others rather than seek support and reassurance from others..."

Let's take a look at some of the evidence you presented in your childhood bio:

"As a child I was fairly sensitive and felt naturally protective of small animals, younger children and anything cute. I've always had a fascination with action movies and heroic figures and would think "I'm supposed to be like that. why aren't I strong like that?"

That is a direct description of the 6 at level 1, "The Valiant Hero." You not only wanted to emulate heroes in action movies, you strove to emulate them through being a protective hero-figure toward small animals, etc. You are fairly sensitive and quiet, not exactly an 8 character trait even as a child.

"...but I was confused and didn't know what to do. After that I was very cautious and kinda kept it on the down low because I thought everyone was waiting for a chance to strike until 8th grade where I got my "bounce" back.'

That is perfectly descriptive of the cautiously ambiguous side of the type 6. And fighting back against your enemies or whatever is definitely not limited to Eights. Your childhood bio reads exactly like that of a counterphobic type 6 combating not only others but, perhaps primarily, himself: his own internal state of mind. You don't see that sense of ambiguity ("confusion") in Eights.

Let's assume for the moment you are at level 1 of type 8. Then you are "The Magnanimous Heart," "big-hearted, compassionate people who are able to surrender their own willfulness to serve something greater than their own ambitions." There are, no doubt, some similarities between the 2 (high side of the 8) and the 9 (high side of the 6) which may lead to mis-typing. I believe Helen Palmer pointed this out.

- like I said, when I get into confrontations with people, it's not really angry as much as "dramatic"
    Well, with Eights it is angry, not "dramatic." Believe me!

- I don't care about security at all except for money lol my focus is on expanding my means, not securing my current means (which is also a very legitimate motivation, it's just not my style lol)
    That simply means you're not an Average 6, but a higher level 6.

- I carry my energy and project my energy from my gut. it's hard to explain, it's a sort of sensation really
    That sensation is not limited to Eights.

- I am not emotional at all (seriously, I wanted to be for the longest time, it just didn't work lol), but I frequently come across that way because I naturally speak/type very intensely (I found this out recently and it seems to support 8 or 9w8)
    - head types need reassurance
    Where did you get that idea?

heart types need appreciation
    gut types need acceptance/space to be themselves
    I could go my entire life without appreciation and most of it without reassurence
    - 6s aggression is personal and reactive, my aggression is lustful aggression/wanting to solve the problem
    - that line you thought was 5-ish is actually just Te and the intention is very 8 "your behavior was disrespectful, so I'm punishing/disincentivizing you"
    The line I quoted is 5-ish when taken in the context of questioning someone's logic. But I agree motives are important to consider, and I agree that it came from the "gut." However, the latter does nothing to rule out type 6. Repression of the intellectual center, as with the 6, necessitates the advancing of one of the other two centers.

It is as if you're saying that the type 6 can't act from a Te standpoint. I'm certain it is possible, just as it is possible for your ENFP to act from a Te standpoint.

Your description reminds me of a type 6 childhood friend of mine who scored INFP when tested in college, but then tested ENTJ a few years later by his workplace during the "take charge" career phase of his life.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

[QUOTE=mal12345;1577961]
    I'll take another look at 6, but I think you have my motivations wrong

That's fine, but I wasn't speaking to your present state of personality. Everything I wrote about concerned your pre-college years.

But you're correct to point out my neglect in dealing with the last part of your post. So I'll correct this right now by taking you at your word. You are non-neurotic, unlike your teenage phase, and have integrated with 9.

Sixes at Nine have "fully overcome their tendencies to be dependent, and instead become autonomous and independent on whom others can and do rely. Integrating Sixes are able to reassure and support others rather than seek support and reassurance from others..."

Let's take a look at some of the evidence you presented in your childhood bio:

"As a child I was fairly sensitive and felt naturally protective of small animals, younger children and anything cute. I've always had a fascination with action movies and heroic figures and would think "I'm supposed to be like that. why aren't I strong like that?"

That is a direct description of the 6 at level 1, "The Valiant Hero." You not only wanted to emulate heroes in action movies, you strove to emulate them through being a protective hero-figure toward small animals, etc. You are fairly sensitive and quiet, not exactly an 8 character trait even as a child.

"...but I was confused and didn't know what to do. After that I was very cautious and kinda kept it on the down low because I thought everyone was waiting for a chance to strike until 8th grade where I got my "bounce" back.'

That is perfectly descriptive of the cautiously ambiguous side of the type 6. And fighting back against your enemies or whatever is definitely not limited to Eights. Your childhood bio reads exactly like that of a counterphobic type 6 combating not only others but, perhaps primarily, himself: his own internal state of mind. You don't see that sense of ambiguity ("confusion") in Eights.

Let's assume for the moment you are at level 1 of type 8. Then you are "The Magnanimous Heart," "big-hearted, compassionate people who are able to surrender their own willfulness to serve something greater than their own ambitions." There are, no doubt, some similarities between the 2 (high side of the 8) and the 9 (high side of the 6) which may lead to mis-typing. I believe Helen Palmer pointed this out.

Well, with Eights it is angry, not "dramatic." Believe me!

That simply means you're not an Average 6, but a higher level 6.

That sensation is not limited to Eights.

Where did you get that idea?

The line I quoted is 5-ish when taking in the context of questioning someone's logic. But I agree motives are important to consider, and I agree that it came from the "gut." However, the latter does nothing to rule out type 6. Repression of the intellectual center, as with the 6, necessitates the advancing of one of the other two centers.

It is as if you're saying that the type 6 can't act from a Te standpoint. I'm certain it is possible, just as it is possible for your ENFP to act from a Te standpoint.

Your description reminds me of a type 6 childhood friend of mine who scored INFP when tested in college, but then tested ENTJ a few years later by his workplace during the "take charge" career phase of his life.
    actually I wasn't very neurotic at all even then. I never intentionally started conflict, but I seemed to invide it and enjoyed the chance to be dramatic and sharpen my social bitch slapping skills the sensation I mentioned isn't limited to 8s, it's true, but it is a very gut center sensation that I've known since very little and one I can't coming to a 6 naturally (they carry their energy higher in their bodies like in their head or chest)
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Chibi Seme
    Sunburst!

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

actually I wasn't very neurotic at all even then. I never intentionally started conflict, but I seemed to invide it and enjoyed the chance to be dramatic and sharpen my social bitch slapping skills the sensation I mentioned isn't limited to 8s, it's true, but it is a very gut center sensation that I've known since very little and one I can't coming to a 6 naturally (they carry their energy higher in their bodies like in their head or chest)
    I don't know where you're getting this idea about the 6's energy point. And saying you weren't very neurotic means you were somewhat neurotic at least. Fighting back against a teacher's lack of respect toward you is the Six rebelling at level 6. But you took on the challenges, both internal and external, and came out better for it. After this point in your life your bio even describes the integration to 9, "by senior year I sorta mellowed out though and became calmer and more affectionate." "Calmer" has a Nine "ring" to it; "affectionate" corresponds to this description from Riso: "the integrating Six...becomes independent and yet, paradoxically, is closer to others than ever before."

As for your 5-wing, they "are more independent than Sixes with a Seven-wing, and are less likely to go to others for reassurance, advice, or to solve their problems. They may have one or two mentors or confidants [you're sure to rebel against this notion here!], BUT IN MOST CASES they will 'gut out' their problems and anxieties alone." Gut out.

Since you were a disintegrated Six at least for part of your childhood, here is the description of the Six at the Three's level 6: "Sixes become defiant and aggressive in their attitudes and behavior. They put everyone on notice that they cannot be trifled with, but tend to go too far and bully others."

Your bio was an amazingly accurate story of a type 6 childhood!

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Another noteworthy aspect of your bio was its implication of making fast progress. This is indicative of someone in the 3-6-9 triangle. Those in the other six points make slower personal progress.

As I pointed out earlier, you are definitely somewhere in that triangle, but it was thanks to your useful bio that I was able to pinpoint exactly where you are on it.