• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 7] Having doubts about my enneatype again =(

Elfboy revisted

• 8w9

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • 9w8

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2w3

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • 2w1

• 4w3

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • 3w2

• 3w4

Votes: 4 23.5%

• Total voters

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Counterphobic 6w5. My reasons are contained in your childhood biography. The aggressive part describes Level 6, "The authoritarian rebel." That level doesn't necessarily mean anything for the present day, only for the pre-college years.

There is much evidence of moving up and down levels in your 5-minute bio, which is another indicator of a type 6.

You say you are gut-center, but there is a very distinct focus on rationality in this: "let's not resort to ad hominem shall we? If you have some actual information, I'm all ears, but I don't appreciate your... " Sounds like a type 5, especially if spoken in a calmer tone of voice.

"at home, I was basically a recluse. I just went up to my room and thought about what my beliefs should be..." That is 6 at level 2, with a reclusive 5-wing coming into play. There is the beginning of some self-doubt coming into play, so you were searching for external answers, whether in a group of friends or a belief system.

Your description of moving from an aggressive posture toward life to a more passive one practically screams type 6.

Lastly, the 6 takes a repressive stance toward their own rational minds, so they will bring forward gut center and/or emotional center traits. One can see this easily in your description of your "masculine" assertive earlier years versus the years later on when you appeared to be more like your "feminine" side.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Go with it for as long as you can, don't worry too much about whether you're right or wrong, and just make sure you understand each type and get a good feel for them all, making sure that you can identify other people's types and see their traits and how they differ from you. It will then hit you from out of nowhere which type you are.

this is true. i even dabbled in my real etype for a couple days, then decided to go with a different type, then a week or so later my real one suddenly hit me like a 2x4. slightly painful, but satisfying.

i hadn't thought of cp 6. that's interesting. join us sexual 6s :D

(edit: i mean sexy 6s... lol... not variant)

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
this is true. i even dabbled in my real etype for a couple days, then decided to go with a different type, then a week or so later my real one suddenly hit me like a 2x4. slightly painful, but satisfying.

i hadn't thought of cp 6. that's interesting. join us sexual 6s :D

My experience exactly. At first I went with 5, then decided 4. A month later I went back to 5 and stayed there.

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
sorry, you guys must be getting tired of this :doh:

I've been wandering for a while why some of the traits of type 8 just weren't measuring up at all.

My parents were having a dinner party the last night and had several guests with small children (ages 6-12) with them, so they asked me to entertain the kids so they wouldn't get bored. so we all went to the basement, ran around and bashed each other up with boffers (swords with foam padding). after that we watched a movie and I made snacks and tea for everybody. that's when it hit me, I think it would be extremely unusual for a 19 year old, male 8 to be so naturally good with children. I love small children and they love me :hug: in fact, I could probably work at a day care the rest of my life and be perfectly content (not that I intend to, it doesn't make nearly enough $$$$$).

the same trend is evident with my older friends too. if you're feeling down, I'm a great person to vent to (at the right time and place of course) and love to be people's personal therapist. if they're really feeling down, I usually cover them with a blanket, get them a cup of hot chocolate and give them a backrub :hug:
anyway, the basic point I'm trying to get at is that I feel so much more affectionate, cuddly and maternal than most male 8s. all the male 8s I know come off as these gruff, tough bad boys who are constantly rebelling against something or trying to dominate something. I'm quite rebellious and have a significant contempt for authority, but I don't view myself as gruff and tough at all. even at my most unhealthy, I've been very 5-ish, but never very tough guy or macho (ugh, I HATE people like this...)

I'd really prefer to be a more warm, cuddly person who looks after people, comforts them when they're feeling down and is a good role model and provider. hell, I could probably have a blast doing the same sorts of things as a little girl (tea parties, playing dress up, listening to girly music, watching romance movies). that being said, I have many more 8-ish interests (violent action movies, sparring, working out, entrepreneurship, going on crazy adventures) but the first set of interests I've listed I could not see being present in a type 8 (especially a male type 8 lol).

all this being said, as 2-ish as this post sounds, I don't relate to any of the weaknesses of a 2. if anything, they kinda piss me off sometimes (I hate people pleasing and self depreciating humor and I view the 2s need for people as borderline pathetic. enjoying being with people and connecting with them is one thing; being dependent on them for your self worth is another)

Dude, you sound just like me from top to bottom and i'm an 8, beyond the shadow of a doubt. That wing-thing isn't really determined, but I remember you having a theory on it.
Like Viridian said, healthy 8s display the good sides of a 2. That's been pretty evident through my life, when I look back at it.
Especially when I have been low on money (thus feeling insecure) I become worse than I want to be and have to grab myself by the collar.
When things are good, I don't have to keep a manual watch on my thoughts, feelings and actions as much because I do what is right, good, nice and such automatically.
Have you noticed how you become less helpful when you are in a really bad period? Less charming? Duller? Not as entertaining?
How you suddenly become gregarious, people smile at you a lot and you are generous etc when you are *yourself*, content?

I see lots of 8 in you, mister. I love working with children, too, but avoid it for the same reason as you do.
Money is really important to me, because it is the embodiment of security in this paradigm, and I need that.
I need to provide that security for myself and my future family. *And* hopefully get to play with legos and whatnot <3

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Counterphobic 6w5. My reasons are contained in your childhood biography. The aggressive part describes Level 6, "The authoritarian rebel." That level doesn't necessarily mean anything for the present day, only for the pre-college years.

There is much evidence of moving up and down levels in your 5-minute bio, which is another indicator of a type 6.

You say you are gut-center, but there is a very distinct focus on rationality in this: "let's not resort to ad hominem shall we? If you have some actual information, I'm all ears, but I don't appreciate your... " Sounds like a type 5, especially if spoken in a calmer tone of voice.

"at home, I was basically a recluse. I just went up to my room and thought about what my beliefs should be..." That is 6 at level 2, with a reclusive 5-wing coming into play. There is the beginning of some self-doubt coming into play, so you were searching for external answers, whether in a group of friends or a belief system.

Your description of moving from an aggressive posture toward life to a more passive one practically screams type 6.

Lastly, the 6 takes a repressive stance toward their own rational minds, so they will bring forward gut center and/or emotional center traits. One can see this easily in your description of your "masculine" assertive earlier years versus the years later on when you appeared to be more like your "feminine" side.

I'll take another look at 6, but I think you have my motivations wrong
- my neuroticism literally tests at zero.
- like I said, when I get into confrontations with people, it's not really angry as much as "dramatic"
- I don't care about security at all except for money lol my focus is on expanding my means, not securing my current means (which is also a very legitimate motivation, it's just not my style lol)
- I carry my energy and project my energy from my gut. it's hard to explain, it's a sort of sensation really
- I am not emotional at all (seriously, I wanted to be for the longest time, it just didn't work lol), but I frequently come across that way because I naturally speak/type very intensely (I found this out recently and it seems to support 8 or 9w8)
- head types need reassurance
heart types need appreciation
gut types need acceptance/space to be themselves
I could go my entire life without appreciation and most of it without reassurence
- 6s aggression is personal and reactive, my aggression is lustful aggression/wanting to solve the problem
- that line you thought was 5-ish is actually just Te and the intention is very 8 "your behavior was disrespectful, so I'm punishing/disincentivizing you"

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Dude, you sound just like me from top to bottom and i'm an 8, beyond the shadow of a doubt. That wing-thing isn't really determined, but I remember you having a theory on it.
Like Viridian said, healthy 8s display the good sides of a 2. That's been pretty evident through my life, when I look back at it.
Especially when I have been low on money (thus feeling insecure) I become worse than I want to be and have to grab myself by the collar.
When things are good, I don't have to keep a manual watch on my thoughts, feelings and actions as much because I do what is right, good, nice and such automatically.
Have you noticed how you become less helpful when you are in a really bad period? Less charming? Duller? Not as entertaining?
How you suddenly become gregarious, people smile at you a lot and you are generous etc when you are *yourself*, content?

I see lots of 8 in you, mister. I love working with children, too, but avoid it for the same reason as you do.
Money is really important to me, because it is the embodiment of security in this paradigm, and I need that.
I need to provide that security for myself and my future family. *And* hopefully get to play with legos and whatnot <3

actually, sometimes I get more charming under stress. lol sorta like Hans Landa from Inglourious Basterds or the stereotypical polite villain who laughs at your attempts to thwart him. other times I do turn dull, less charming and much more negative.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

That's fine, but I wasn't speaking to your present state of personality. Everything I wrote about concerned your pre-college years.

But you're correct to point out my neglect in dealing with the last part of your post. So I'll correct this right now by taking you at your word. You are non-neurotic, unlike your teenage phase, and have integrated with 9.

Sixes at Nine have "fully overcome their tendencies to be dependent, and instead become autonomous and independent on whom others can and do rely. Integrating Sixes are able to reassure and support others rather than seek support and reassurance from others..."

Let's take a look at some of the evidence you presented in your childhood bio:

"As a child I was fairly sensitive and felt naturally protective of small animals, younger children and anything cute. I've always had a fascination with action movies and heroic figures and would think "I'm supposed to be like that. why aren't I strong like that?"

That is a direct description of the 6 at level 1, "The Valiant Hero." You not only wanted to emulate heroes in action movies, you strove to emulate them through being a protective hero-figure toward small animals, etc. You are fairly sensitive and quiet, not exactly an 8 character trait even as a child.

"...but I was confused and didn't know what to do. After that I was very cautious and kinda kept it on the down low because I thought everyone was waiting for a chance to strike until 8th grade where I got my "bounce" back.'

That is perfectly descriptive of the cautiously ambiguous side of the type 6. And fighting back against your enemies or whatever is definitely not limited to Eights. Your childhood bio reads exactly like that of a counterphobic type 6 combating not only others but, perhaps primarily, himself: his own internal state of mind. You don't see that sense of ambiguity ("confusion") in Eights.

Let's assume for the moment you are at level 1 of type 8. Then you are "The Magnanimous Heart," "big-hearted, compassionate people who are able to surrender their own willfulness to serve something greater than their own ambitions." There are, no doubt, some similarities between the 2 (high side of the 8) and the 9 (high side of the 6) which may lead to mis-typing. I believe Helen Palmer pointed this out.

- like I said, when I get into confrontations with people, it's not really angry as much as "dramatic"

Well, with Eights it is angry, not "dramatic." Believe me!

- I don't care about security at all except for money lol my focus is on expanding my means, not securing my current means (which is also a very legitimate motivation, it's just not my style lol)

That simply means you're not an Average 6, but a higher level 6.

- I carry my energy and project my energy from my gut. it's hard to explain, it's a sort of sensation really

That sensation is not limited to Eights.

- I am not emotional at all (seriously, I wanted to be for the longest time, it just didn't work lol), but I frequently come across that way because I naturally speak/type very intensely (I found this out recently and it seems to support 8 or 9w8)
- head types need reassurance

Where did you get that idea?

heart types need appreciation
gut types need acceptance/space to be themselves
I could go my entire life without appreciation and most of it without reassurence
- 6s aggression is personal and reactive, my aggression is lustful aggression/wanting to solve the problem
- that line you thought was 5-ish is actually just Te and the intention is very 8 "your behavior was disrespectful, so I'm punishing/disincentivizing you"

The line I quoted is 5-ish when taken in the context of questioning someone's logic. But I agree motives are important to consider, and I agree that it came from the "gut." However, the latter does nothing to rule out type 6. Repression of the intellectual center, as with the 6, necessitates the advancing of one of the other two centers.

It is as if you're saying that the type 6 can't act from a Te standpoint. I'm certain it is possible, just as it is possible for your ENFP to act from a Te standpoint.

Your description reminds me of a type 6 childhood friend of mine who scored INFP when tested in college, but then tested ENTJ a few years later by his workplace during the "take charge" career phase of his life.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

That's fine, but I wasn't speaking to your present state of personality. Everything I wrote about concerned your pre-college years.

But you're correct to point out my neglect in dealing with the last part of your post. So I'll correct this right now by taking you at your word. You are non-neurotic, unlike your teenage phase, and have integrated with 9.

Sixes at Nine have "fully overcome their tendencies to be dependent, and instead become autonomous and independent on whom others can and do rely. Integrating Sixes are able to reassure and support others rather than seek support and reassurance from others..."

Let's take a look at some of the evidence you presented in your childhood bio:

"As a child I was fairly sensitive and felt naturally protective of small animals, younger children and anything cute. I've always had a fascination with action movies and heroic figures and would think "I'm supposed to be like that. why aren't I strong like that?"

That is a direct description of the 6 at level 1, "The Valiant Hero." You not only wanted to emulate heroes in action movies, you strove to emulate them through being a protective hero-figure toward small animals, etc. You are fairly sensitive and quiet, not exactly an 8 character trait even as a child.

"...but I was confused and didn't know what to do. After that I was very cautious and kinda kept it on the down low because I thought everyone was waiting for a chance to strike until 8th grade where I got my "bounce" back.'

That is perfectly descriptive of the cautiously ambiguous side of the type 6. And fighting back against your enemies or whatever is definitely not limited to Eights. Your childhood bio reads exactly like that of a counterphobic type 6 combating not only others but, perhaps primarily, himself: his own internal state of mind. You don't see that sense of ambiguity ("confusion") in Eights.

Let's assume for the moment you are at level 1 of type 8. Then you are "The Magnanimous Heart," "big-hearted, compassionate people who are able to surrender their own willfulness to serve something greater than their own ambitions." There are, no doubt, some similarities between the 2 (high side of the 8) and the 9 (high side of the 6) which may lead to mis-typing. I believe Helen Palmer pointed this out.

Well, with Eights it is angry, not "dramatic." Believe me!

That simply means you're not an Average 6, but a higher level 6.

That sensation is not limited to Eights.

Where did you get that idea?

The line I quoted is 5-ish when taking in the context of questioning someone's logic. But I agree motives are important to consider, and I agree that it came from the "gut." However, the latter does nothing to rule out type 6. Repression of the intellectual center, as with the 6, necessitates the advancing of one of the other two centers.

It is as if you're saying that the type 6 can't act from a Te standpoint. I'm certain it is possible, just as it is possible for your ENFP to act from a Te standpoint.

Your description reminds me of a type 6 childhood friend of mine who scored INFP when tested in college, but then tested ENTJ a few years later by his workplace during the "take charge" career phase of his life.

actually I wasn't very neurotic at all even then. I never intentionally started conflict, but I seemed to invide it and enjoyed the chance to be dramatic and sharpen my social bitch slapping skills :laugh: the sensation I mentioned isn't limited to 8s, it's true, but it is a very gut center sensation that I've known since very little and one I can't coming to a 6 naturally (they carry their energy higher in their bodies like in their head or chest)

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
actually I wasn't very neurotic at all even then. I never intentionally started conflict, but I seemed to invide it and enjoyed the chance to be dramatic and sharpen my social bitch slapping skills :laugh: the sensation I mentioned isn't limited to 8s, it's true, but it is a very gut center sensation that I've known since very little and one I can't coming to a 6 naturally (they carry their energy higher in their bodies like in their head or chest)

I don't know where you're getting this idea about the 6's energy point. And saying you weren't very neurotic means you were somewhat neurotic at least. Fighting back against a teacher's lack of respect toward you is the Six rebelling at level 6. But you took on the challenges, both internal and external, and came out better for it. After this point in your life your bio even describes the integration to 9, "by senior year I sorta mellowed out though and became calmer and more affectionate." "Calmer" has a Nine "ring" to it; "affectionate" corresponds to this description from Riso: "the integrating Six...becomes independent and yet, paradoxically, is closer to others than ever before."

As for your 5-wing, they "are more independent than Sixes with a Seven-wing, and are less likely to go to others for reassurance, advice, or to solve their problems. They may have one or two mentors or confidants [you're sure to rebel against this notion here!], BUT IN MOST CASES they will 'gut out' their problems and anxieties alone." Gut out.

Since you were a disintegrated Six at least for part of your childhood, here is the description of the Six at the Three's level 6: "Sixes become defiant and aggressive in their attitudes and behavior. They put everyone on notice that they cannot be trifled with, but tend to go too far and bully others."

Your bio was an amazingly accurate story of a type 6 childhood!

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Another noteworthy aspect of your bio was its implication of making fast progress. This is indicative of someone in the 3-6-9 triangle. Those in the other six points make slower personal progress.

As I pointed out earlier, you are definitely somewhere in that triangle, but it was thanks to your useful bio that I was able to pinpoint exactly where you are on it.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
actually, sometimes I get more charming under stress. lol sorta like Hans Landa from Inglourious Basterds or the stereotypical polite villain who laughs at your attempts to thwart him. other times I do turn dull, less charming and much more negative.

The Six at Level 5 becomes more charming when stressing to Three: "Like average Threes, Sixes do not want to alienate others, or to let others know they are unsure of themselves or the situation. Thus, they TURN ON THE CHARM."

Personality Types, Don Richard Riso.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't know where you're getting this idea about the 6's energy point. And saying you weren't very neurotic means you were somewhat neurotic at least. Fighting back against a teacher's lack of respect toward you is the Six rebelling at level 6. But you took on the challenges, both internal and external, and came out better for it. After this point in your life your bio even describes the integration to 9, "by senior year I sorta mellowed out though and became calmer and more affectionate." "Calmer" has a Nine "ring" to it; "affectionate" corresponds to this description from Riso: "the integrating Six...becomes independent and yet, paradoxically, is closer to others than ever before."

As for your 5-wing, they "are more independent than Sixes with a Seven-wing, and are less likely to go to others for reassurance, advice, or to solve their problems. They may have one or two mentors or confidants [you're sure to rebel against this notion here!], BUT IN MOST CASES they will 'gut out' their problems and anxieties alone." Gut out.

Since you were a disintegrated Six at least for part of your childhood, here is the description of the Six at the Three's level 6: "Sixes become defiant and aggressive in their attitudes and behavior. They put everyone on notice that they cannot be trifled with, but tend to go too far and bully others."

Your bio was an amazingly accurate story of a type 6 childhood!

once again I think it is a matter of energy. 6w7s are the rebellious teenagers of the enneagram. they enjoy the act of rebelling and the invigorating feeling of internal security if gives them. 8 rebelliousness (particularly 8w9) is more about the ends "I will be respected and given my personal space and freedom. we can do this the easy way or the hard way" when I had problems with authority as a kid, it was more my parents screaming and making a scene and me sitting a chair like "what are you doing? if you want me to respect you than control yourself and stop letting your emotions run you! good grief, I can't believe a 14 year old has to say this to you when you're 54"
6 rebelliousness: I'm rebelling against authority! you don't understand me and you just want me to be like you!
8 rebelliousness: there's no such thing as authority. it's just a man made concept. all I know is someone is trying to control me and that is not to be tolerated
another key difference is, 6s may make it clear that they are not to be trifled with (take King Leonidas in 300 for example) but they are very deliberate with it, get more emotional and have to expend a lot of energy. 8s naturally give off the "don't fuck with me" vibe and have to consciously avoid conflict
PS: I'm very pleased to say I've never been a bully in my life :yes:

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
once again I think it is a matter of energy. 6w7s are the rebellious teenagers of the enneagram. they enjoy the act of rebelling and the invigorating feeling of internal security if gives them. 8 rebelliousness (particularly 8w9) is more about the ends "I will be respected and given my personal space and freedom. we can do this the easy way or the hard way" when I had problems with authority as a kid, it was more my parents screaming and making a scene and me sitting a chair like "what are you doing? if you want me to respect you than control yourself and stop letting your emotions run you! good grief, I can't believe a 14 year old has to say this to you when you're 54"
6 rebelliousness: I'm rebelling against authority! you don't understand me and you just want me to be like you!
8 rebelliousness: there's no such thing as authority. it's just a man made concept. all I know is someone is trying to control me and that is not to be tolerated
another key difference is, 6s may make it clear that they are not to be trifled with (take King Leonidas in 300 for example) but they are very deliberate with it, get more emotional and have to expend a lot of energy. 8s naturally give off the "don't fuck with me" vibe and have to consciously avoid conflict
PS: I'm very pleased to say I've never been a bully in my life :yes:

I just think this line from a previous comment of yours tells the story best:
" all the male 8s I know come off as these gruff, tough bad boys who are constantly rebelling against something or trying to dominate something. I'm quite rebellious and have a significant contempt for authority, but I don't view myself as gruff and tough at all. even at my most unhealthy, I've been very 5-ish, but never very tough guy or macho (ugh, I HATE people like this...)"

That is the 6w5 in a nut-shell.

And whether or not you've been a bully (3 at level 6), it sounds like at one point you "put everyone on notice that you cannot be trifled with," which is also 3 at level 6. This may have been expressed verbally or just through your general social attitude.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
this should illustrate my point better. I relate to only very small bits of the 6 temperament in this comparison (the contradictory and not wanting to be pushed around come to mind, but little else if any)
bold: strongly agree
underlined: sort of agree
strike: definitely disagree

Sixes and Eights are aggressive, although only the Eight is an entirely aggressive personality. Sixes react both to their fears and to other people and constantly oscillate from one state to another, from Level to Level. They are ambivalent and passive-aggressive, evasive and contradictory. In contrast, Eights have solid egos and formidable wills; they keep pushing others until they get them what they want. There is little softness in Eights and even less tendency to comply with the wishes of anyone else. They have no desire to be liked or to ingratiate themselves with others. Rather than look to others for protection, Eights offer protection (patronage) in return for hard work and loyalty.

As different as these two types are, they are nevertheless similar at Level 6–but only at this Level. At this stage both Sixes (The Authoritarian Rebel) and in Eights (The Confrontational Adversary) show similar aggressive traits–belligerence, defiance, a willingness to intimidate others, a quick and threatening temper, the threat of violence, hatred of others, and so forth. However, Eights arrive at this stage as a result of constantly escalating their pressure on others to get what they want until they have become highly confrontational and combative. Sixes arrive at their state from a very different route–in reaction to their vacillation and dependency. Sixes become aggressive because they do not want to be pushed around anymore; Eights become aggressive to push others even more.

The essential difference is that Sixes eventually will yield and their defenses will crumble if enough pressure is applied to them, whereas opposition to Eights only encourages them to remain defiant and to meet their adversary with renewed aggression.

Both types at this Level can be dangerous; ironically, Sixes are probably more dangerous at this stage than Eights since they are anxious and may strike out at someone impulsively or irrationally. On the other hand, average Eights are more rational: they take the odds of success into account at every move. If and when they finally do become violent, however, Eights are more dangerous than Sixes because they are more ruthless, and the momentum of their inflated egos makes them feel that they can and must press onward until their enemies are utterly destroyed. Eights eventually become megalomaniacs (and may be destroyed after they have destroyed others). By contrast, unhealthy Sixes eventually become self-defeating (and may be destroyed by their own fear). Compare G. Gordon Liddy and Mike Tyson (Sixes) with Henry Kissinger and Muhammad Ali (Eights) to understand more about the similarities and differences between these types.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Some of your bio comes across as an externally-tough exterior protecting a softer interior. That also describes the 6 in a nutshell. You're not a "tough guy or macho," but much of what you write about yourself states that you are not as you appear to others. They see you as angry, but no, you're just dramatic. That is a dual impression which is strikingly 6-like. I am 100% convinced that you are 6w5.

What role does Objectivism play in your intellectual/emotional life? Security again?

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I just think this line from a previous comment of yours tells the story best:
" all the male 8s I know come off as these gruff, tough bad boys who are constantly rebelling against something or trying to dominate something. I'm quite rebellious and have a significant contempt for authority, but I don't view myself as gruff and tough at all. even at my most unhealthy, I've been very 5-ish, but never very tough guy or macho (ugh, I HATE people like this...)"

That is the 6w5 in a nut-shell.

And whether or not you've been a bully (3 at level 6), it sounds like at one point you "put everyone on notice that you cannot be trifled with," which is also 3 at level 6. This may have been expressed verbally or just through your general social attitude.

of course I would do this, just about all 8s do. it comes quite naturally actually. if you want an example of combativeness, you need only look on just about every thread I've ever posted. my confrontation style is very rational, goal oriented and specfic like a higher-end-of-average 8. combative 6s get personal and emotional, I go INTJ/ENTJ rational logic.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
this should illustrate my point better. I relate to only very small bits of the 6 temperament in this comparison (the contradictory and not wanting to be pushed around come to mind, but little else if any)
bold: strongly agree
underlined: sort of agree
strike: definitely disagree

I would like to point out this section which you strongly agree with: "Sixes become aggressive because they do not want to be pushed around anymore; Eights become aggressive to push others even more."

But dude... If you don't mind my calling you that... you are contradicting your own biography in which you described yourself as being bullied and pushed around before the 8th grade. By the time the 8th grade rolled around, you asserted your aggressive tendencies. Make that, your Six's aggressive tendencies.

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Just a comment here, it seems as though Elfboy is denying (well it seemed to me, I don't know about you) the fact that his type is 6. It seems that this defense mechanism is rather 8-ish because they use the mechanism of denial to cope with "stress". His type may not be six at all but I don't think that really supports the fact that he's an 8.

Just an observation that I made. I don't really see him projecting in this thread, or that denial might as well be a projection.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
of course I would do this, just about all 8s do. it comes quite naturally actually. if you want an example of combativeness, you need only look on just about every thread I've ever posted. my confrontation style is very rational, goal oriented and specfic like a higher-end-of-average 8. combative 6s get personal and emotional, I go INTJ/ENTJ rational logic.

However, that was a quote from Riso's description of 3 at level 6, whereas the type 8 contains no such description, because there is no such need. Moreover, the high-average 8 is not described as rational and goal-oriented, but competitive and determined to win. Threes are also goal-oriented. So it will be difficult for you to maintain the view of yourself as an 8 against the idea of 6 stressing to a type similar in some ways to the 8.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Some of your bio comes across as an externally-tough exterior protecting a softer interior. That also describes the 6 in a nutshell. You're not a "tough guy or macho," but much of what you write about yourself states that you are not as you appear to others. They see you as angry, but no, you're just dramatic. That is a dual impression which is strikingly 6-like. I am 100% convinced that you are 6w5.

What role does Objectivism play in your intellectual/emotional life? Security again?

my exterior isn't macho lol it's actually quite feminine, just in a very strong, choleric sort of way. I didn't phrase that dramatic thing correctly. I frequently feel subtle amounts of anger, but when I'm confronting someone, the prevailing feeling is pure gut energy, very little emotion attached. I'm usually 90-100% calm on the inside when confronting someone, even though I am very externally intense. I am not what I appear to others because people percieve me as argumentative and aggressive. many people feel this way about 8s. few people feel this way about 6s unless they actually are aggressive or hostile.
bold: it has nothing to do with security. everything to do with freedom and demanding that people stay out of my way :yes: freedom and autonomy are 100X more important than security