Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post
    Is there anything that distinctively makes you say, "Not 9"? Specifically, "Not 9w8"?

To me, you kind of give off the same sort of vibes that BlackCat does.
    9 is a possibility, but I feel much too intense and opinionated to be a 9. I do not share any of the 9's natural weaknesses as I do with the 1w9
    Edit: that and I don't have an ounce of either 6 or 3 in me. although, if I were a 9 and had both wings at relatively high strength, I'm sure I would be much assertive than your typical 9

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Chloé View Post
    you dont seem 1 AT ALL.
    I didn't think so either, but that because I thought all 1s were the SJ detail oriented perfectionist types. INFP, ENFP and INTJ 1s are quite different. we're the more idealistic branch of the 1 that sets out to make things "ideal" rather than perfect. another major difference is that SJ 1s love rules and Intuitive 1s abhore them and are defiant of rules that go against their beliefs. but under stress, it becomes more clear that I am type 1. perhaps a description of myself freshman year of high school would help
    - self rightious
    - preachy
    - hypocritical
    - serious
    - malignent
    - close minded
    - dogmatic
    - authoritarian
    - critical
    - angry (but not particularly aggressive like an 8)
    - condescending
    - easily offended

I had to work throughout high school to rid myself of these characteristics, but I didn't reach being really healthy until senior year (pretty impressive for having no knowledge of enneagram at the time if I do say so ). even know though, I'm extremely picky and have no tolerance for anything that doesn't meet my standards (my parents hate this about me lol). when insulted, I can become quite condescending and self righteous and usually become serious and overly formal. all this being said, I'm much more goofy and 7-ish now (relaxed, adventurous, bubbly). being that I also score pretty high on 2 and have a strong 9 wing, I can easily relate to a healthy 8 Esmerelda or Charlton Heston.

it's also confusing because of the tremendous amount of overlap between 8s and 1s
    - extreme charisma
    - confident
    - natural leaders
    - instinctual/gut triad
    - generally have high self esteem
    - merciless when stressed
    - willing to go extremely far to get what they want
    - disagreeable "my way or the highway"

I can tell when someone is 1 even if ENFP. You are not. You dont even like rules. You are too lose Even for P 1
    Last edited by Chloe; 03-26-2011 at 09:30 PM. Reason: V

MBTI
    IsFJ

I'd say that N Ones are not so much averse to external rules as less aligned with them. The common thread with Ones is that they are strict with others and with themselves, and follow their own rules with passion and devotion, unless, of course, they are unhealthy, in which case their fault-finding becomes templar-ish condemnation and a prideful sense of purity ("I am the only one who knows what should be done, not those slothful orangutans!").

It should be noted that every type has a "vulnerable" area - while Eights become insecure when they feel powerless and weak, Ones feel insecure when they fail to meet their standards. This self-hatred can be quite passionate, and they may overcompensate by increasing their criticism of others.

Also, not all SJ Ones adhere strictly by others' rules, though they tend to use those as a sort of "base" for creating their "code". They also have, when healthy, a keen sense of "what is good for their community", becoming judges, politicians, prosecutors and humanitarians.

Another tip: since you believe sp is your main subtype, it may be worthwhile to compare sp Ones and sp Eights. I'm not sure where you can find those profiles, though...

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Chloé View Post
    I can tell when someone is 1 even if ENFP. You are not. You dont even like rules. You are too lose Even for P 1
    well, ENFPs makes being not loose very hard no matter what enneatype one is. I'm also more loose than I used to be because of hundreds of hours of self reflection. in fact, if I took an mbti test freshman year of high school, it would probably come out ISTJ or ESTJ. my looseness is natural, but not all of it. I a can relate to healthy 8s, healthy 9s, healthy 7s and even healthy 4s, but I have experienced every level of type 1 clear down to level 9 where I was literally searching on the internet hours a day for courses on how to kill people I deemed to be corrupt and amoral. it was not for the 8-ish motive of power, but the 1-ish motive of "justice". I was only able to overcome this by learning to let go and saying "you don't have to save the world. it's not your problem. just have fun and let it collapse if it wants to"
    even to this day though I struggle with condescension, overt formality, and feelings of self righteousness and moral superiority. i am also more easily offended by 1-ish things like someone insulting my integrity or failing to meet my standards. I don't know if I'm a 1, but after looking into a few 1w9 characters with Intuitive preferences, I vibe with their "energy" much more than the more rough, aggressive energy of the 8.

I may not be a 1, but I find it strange that I've never really struggled with many of the typical 8 issues (aggression, self control, intimidating others etc). the same goes for types 9 and 7

MBTI
    IsFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    well, ENFPs makes being not loose very hard no matter what enneatype one is. I'm also more loose than I used to be because of hundreds of hours of self reflection. in fact, if I took an mbti test freshman year of high school, it would probably come out ISTJ or ESTJ. my looseness is natural, but not all of it. I a can relate to healthy 8s, healthy 9s, healthy 7s and even healthy 4s, but I have experienced every level of type 1 clear down to level 9 where I was literally searching on the internet hours a day for courses on how to kill people I deemed to be corrupt and amoral. it was not for the 8-ish motive of power, but the 1-ish motive of "justice". I was only able to overcome this by learning to let go and saying "you don't have to save the world. it's not your problem. just have fun and let it collapse if it wants to"
    even to this day though I struggle with condescension, overt formality, and feelings of self righteousness and moral superiority. i am also more easily offended by 1-ish things like someone insulting my integrity or failing to meet my standards. I don't know if I'm a 1, but after looking into a few 1w9 characters with Intuitive preferences, I vibe with their "energy" much more than the more rough, aggressive energy of the 8.

I may not be a 1, but I find it strange that I've never really struggled with many of the typical 8 issues (aggression, self control, intimidating others etc). the same goes for types 9 and 7
    That's... dark.

*ahem* Anyway, it's good to remember that, while Ones can be quite cerebral, they are firmly lodged in the Gut/Body triad - their passion is undeniable, even though they usually frame it as constructive criticism ("I'm not angry, I'm just trying to do it right!"). This, of course, makes Ones passionate advocates full of stamina when healthy, instead of detached analysts like Fives (Dr. Spock being a prime example).

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7

I have to agree with Chloe. I don't get any sort of 1 vibe from the way you post. I think you may either be a 4 or 7 with a strong connection to 1.
    We cast away priceless time in dreams, born of imagination, fed upon illusion, and put to death by reality. - Judy Garland

MBTI
    IsFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbringer View Post
    I have to agree with Chloe. I don't get any sort of 1 vibe from the way you post. I think you may either be a 4 or 7 with a strong connection to 1.
    Do you get any Eight vibes from him, OOC?

brainheart

No one knows who anyone's type is on here. It's impossible to tell, really. (eg, you folks are looking at a person who's been on mood stabilizers for four years... gives a nine vibe when your moods are pharmaceutically regulated, let me tell ya...)You have to look at the motivations and see which one has been the dominant one in your life. That's how it is...

I recommend this:http://personalitycafe.com/announcem...-quiz-new.html

And I recommend you read the Freudian article it is linked to. I think they're helpful.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by brainheart View Post
    No one knows who anyone's type is on here. It's impossible to tell, really. (eg, you folks are looking at a person who's been on mood stabilizers for four years... gives a nine vibe when your moods are pharmaceutically regulated, let me tell ya...)You have to look at the motivations and see which one has been the dominant one in your life. That's how it is...

I recommend this:http://personalitycafe.com/announcem...-quiz-new.html

And I recommend you read the Freudian article it is linked to. I think they're helpful.
    thankyou for the link, but I don't generally find questionnaires that helpful. for instance, when I take an MBTI questionnaire I usually come up INTJ or INTP and enneagram I usually come out as 9 or 3 (this test I came out 6)