Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Viridian View Post
    Well, I'm currently on the fence... Mind you, I don't have much real-life experience with this stuff, so I might be wrong on some accounts...

If you were a One, though, I'd guess you were a Two-winger... The protectiveness thing and all. In any case, I'd say you either have a strong wing or are heavily influenced by your other Centers (i. e. your non-primary Tritype numbers).

I'm facing a similar dilemma myself, being torn between 6 and 9 and possibly even other types... You're not alone.
    no, if it's 1, definitely 1w9. 1w2 is the advocate, the crusader for peace etc. 1w9 is the Idealist, The Revolutionary, The Mystic Hero. these are your Light Yagami's, Joan of Arcs and Mithos Yggdrassil's. I am definitely not 1w2

MBTI
    IsFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    no, if it's 1, definitely 1w9. 1w2 is the advocate, the crusader for peace etc. 1w9 is the Idealist, The Revolutionary, The Mystic Hero. these are your Light Yagami's, Joan of Arcs and Mithos Yggdrassil's. I am definitely not 1w2
    I'm not sure I "get" the distinction... could you elaborate, please?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

well, perhaps a few examples

1w9
    Light Yagami (Death Note)
    Joan of Arc (she's often cited as 1w2, but I really don't think so)
    Mithos Yggdrassil (Tales of Symphonia) I used to think he was an 8
    Saito Hajime (Rurouni Kenshin)
    Lelouch (Code Geass)
    Balmung (.hack//sign)
    Frollo (Hunchback of Notre Dame)

1w2
    Mother Teresa
    Ghandi
    Pope John Paul II
    Tsuzaku (Code Geass)

I've noticed 1w9s NFs tend to be NFPs while 1w2 NFs tend to be NFJs.

1w2s would be more likely to:
    - help starving children in africa
    - pursue humanitarian activities
    - start an instintution or foundation an underpriveledged group of people

1w9s would be more likely to
    - overthrow a corrupt regime
    - start a political movement
    - spearhead a revolution
    - beat the shit out of a bully picking on a younger kid

as a whole, 1w2s are more about helping people while 1w9 are about bringing justice and defending the weak.

MBTI
    IsFJ

1w2s would be more likely to:
    - help starving children in africa
    - pursue humanitarian activities
    - start an instintution or foundation an underpriveledged group of people

1w9s would be more likely to
    - overthrow a corrupt regime
    - start a political movement
    - spearhead a revolution
    - beat the shit out of a bully picking on a younger kid

as a whole, 1w2s are more about helping people while 1w9 are about bringing justice and defending the weak.
    Really? I dunno, I don't see how a Nine-wing would lead to that sort of behavior... I imagine it makes Ones more laid-back and theoretical, even fanciful (C. S. Lewis, for example); I an also see how it may lead Ones to focus on an abstract ideal, crafting moral postulates that seem logical but can become downright draconian when led to their extreme - they become obsessed with fuzzy generalities, removed from the "real" world of "real" people.

From some online profiles:

1w9 - "Unhealthy people of this subtype are almost completely dissociated from their emotions and contradictions. They resist seeing what does not fit into their world view. They tend to be inaccessible emotionally and intellectually, barricading themselves behind stubbornly held opinions. They can be very severe because their punitive tendencies are not checked by any real compassion for or identification with other human beings. Unhealthy Ones with a Nine-wing are extremely intolerant and self-righteous. They readily become obsessed with what they see as the evildoing of others, and compulsive about taking measures to rectify it, while dissociating themselves from contradictions in their own behavior. They cause others a great deal of harm because they do not understand the nature or extent of the suffering the unhesitatingly inflict on others."

1w2 - "Unhealthy Ones with a Two-wing may be intolerant of and condescending to those who disagree with them. They may attempt to manipulate others emotionally, making them feel guilty for being less perfect than they should be. These people have a tendency toward self-deception about their own motives and self-righteousness when their motives or actions are qustioned. They can be high-handed and hypocritical, guilty of the very faults they condemn in others. Self-deception and feelings of entitlement make their defenses particularly difficult to break. There is a tremendous amount of covert aggression in persons of this subtype, both from the repressed aggression in persons of this subtype, both from the repressed aggression of the One and the indirect aggression of the Two. Unhealthy Ones with a Two-wing may have physical problems (conversion reactions), compulsive habits, or nervous breakdowns as the result of the anxiety generated by their contradictions."

Howzat sound to you? I just want to clarify those things...

PS: I've heard mentions of INFP Ones, I've thought it would be pretty plausible, but I never seem to come across an example... I've seen Gandhi and Arthur Miller typed as both, though (also, some profiles peg Gandhi as a 1w9).

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Viridian View Post
    Really? I dunno, I don't see how a Nine-wing would lead to that sort of behavior... I imagine it makes Ones more laid-back and theoretical, even fanciful (C. S. Lewis, for example); I an also see how it may lead Ones to focus on an abstract ideal, crafting moral postulates that seem logical but can become downright draconian when led to their extreme - they become obsessed with fuzzy generalities, removed from the "real" world of "real" people.

From some online profiles:

1w9 - "Unhealthy people of this subtype are almost completely dissociated from their emotions and contradictions. They resist seeing what does not fit into their world view. They tend to be inaccessible emotionally and intellectually, barricading themselves behind stubbornly held opinions. They can be very severe because their punitive tendencies are not checked by any real compassion for or identification with other human beings. Unhealthy Ones with a Nine-wing are extremely intolerant and self-righteous. They readily become obsessed with what they see as the evildoing of others, and compulsive about taking measures to rectify it, while dissociating themselves from contradictions in their own behavior. They cause others a great deal of harm because they do not understand the nature or extent of the suffering the unhesitatingly inflict on others."

1w2 - "Unhealthy Ones with a Two-wing may be intolerant of and condescending to those who disagree with them. They may attempt to manipulate others emotionally, making them feel guilty for being less perfect than they should be. These people have a tendency toward self-deception about their own motives and self-righteousness when their motives or actions are qustioned. They can be high-handed and hypocritical, guilty of the very faults they condemn in others. Self-deception and feelings of entitlement make their defenses particularly difficult to break. There is a tremendous amount of covert aggression in persons of this subtype, both from the repressed aggression in persons of this subtype, both from the repressed aggression of the One and the indirect aggression of the Two. Unhealthy Ones with a Two-wing may have physical problems (conversion reactions), compulsive habits, or nervous breakdowns as the result of the anxiety generated by their contradictions."

Howzat sound to you? I just want to clarify those things...

PS: I've heard mentions of INFP Ones, I've thought it would be pretty plausible, but I never seem to come across an example... I've seen Gandhi and Arthur Miller typed as both, though (also, some profiles peg Gandhi as a 1w9).
    1w9 most certainly sounds more like me of the two. I see much of my former self in this description

you dont seem 1 AT ALL.

MBTI
    IsFJ

1w9 most certainly sounds more like me of the two. I see much of my former self in this description
    Well, you do seem pretty laid-back to me. I was just trying to undertand your reasoning, that's all.

Not that all Ones are laid-back; Mr. Spock from Star Trek and Miles Edgeworth from the Ace Attorney series are pretty uptight 1w9s, though they're also more remote and less vocal than 1w2s.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Chloé View Post
    you dont seem 1 AT ALL.
    could you elaborate?

MBTI
    IsFJ

I second the motion!

If you could give us your argument, please, Ms. Chloé...

(I had to do this. I had to.)

garbage

Is there anything that distinctively makes you say, "Not 9"? Specifically, "Not 9w8"?

To me, you kind of give off the same sort of vibes that BlackCat does.