User Tag List

View Poll Results: Elfboy revisted

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • 8w9

    6 33.33%
  • 9w8

    1 5.56%
  • 2w3

    1 5.56%
  • 2w1

    1 5.56%
  • 4w3

    4 22.22%
  • 3w2

    1 5.56%
  • 3w4

    4 22.22%
First 13212223242533 Last

Results 221 to 230 of 362

  1. #221
    Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Posts
    5,143

    Default

    I always act like if the person who aske for being typed is consisten, but I think too that Uwace could be true. Sad.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

    Chaotic Neutral

    E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

    "I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

    "Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

  2. #222
    Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    9,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brainheart View Post
    The only reason I think you are unhealthy is because you are endlessly struggling to discover your enneatype. You seem lost, a quality I doubt would exist in a high-functioning type. As I said, I relate to dom and aux fi-users of any type, and to withdrawn types. As far as 1 goes , when I read the riso hudson wisdom of the enneagram description it resonated strongly. 1w9 especially. So I doubt that's it.

    My guess is you're not a ixfp or a xxfp. Similarly, my guess is you're not a 4 or 5. I would not rule out 9, just cause there can be a wide variety of mbti types that are 9. But if you are, I doubt you're a sp/sx, maybe sp/so or so/sp. 3 or 6 seems more likely to me.

    I'd like to think I'm a four, but I put others needs before my own too much. I lose myself, forget what's important, go with the flow too much, and in general, am just too silent about my needs and wants. My major problem is my lack of inertia, wasting my time on stupid ocd bad habits like this website. I would do better to emulate the four more, in all honesty. But I'm scared to be honest.
    struggling to see one's enneatype is often a sign that they're healthy. when you're unhealthy, your negative traits become extremely obvious. when you're healthy, your ego is kept more in check and harder to recognize. for the record, my major habitual problem is the same, lack of inertia and requiring lots of energy to do any kind of work. unlike you though, my problem is not fear driven. as for the instinct variant, I have no idea how you could think so/sp
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

  3. #223
    Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    9,635

    Default

    rather than respond to each of the baseless "Elfboy is immature, unhealthy and pretending to be something he's not" responses, I'm going to respond to them collectively and save some time. Everything I've posted on this forum is the real me. my personality is multifaceted and has more sides to it than a dodecahedron, but each of those sides is real. I don't "change my personality type" or pretend to be stronger than I am (I do put my strongest foot in certain situations, but it's always real strength and confidence). if you have sound, logical reasons for thinking I am such, you're encouraged to express them, but being written off as such with no evidence repeatedly is more than a little annoying.
    PS: good grief. at this rate, people are going to be saying I'm an ESFJ 2w3 so/sp in crazy 8 stress mode lol
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

  4. #224
    #KUWK Kierva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    2,494

    Default

    Maybe you're just an 8w9 with a 9 fast wing, I'm just browsing through the first few pages of the thread. Collective opinion states 7w8 or 8w9, so it would make sense that you could have fast 9 wing.

    Will edit more.

    Edit: This is my opinion and as such you may choose to discredit it. I'm seeing a lot of identification and that would be characteristic of 3s. Unfortunately PerN is down -- they have this great article on how to find your enneagram.

    That being said I do remember having, or rather, making a thread of which I was "holding" onto a type and "made myself" into it, which is identification, as well as the type 3 behavior. My point is different types are similar, so it is important to find your main motivation. I was confused between 3w2 and 8w9 -- initially they typed me 3w2 because of the way I am at class but once it got down to the essence of why I was being that way, it was because I wanted to prove my strength, to people, to my mother, especially -- that I'm not a dumb failure.

    Your confusion with 8 and 1 would be rather difficult I presume because of the core emotions being the same so I suggest you take a look at your *recent* behavior. The past does not exist, because as a kid you may have gone through traumatizing experiences which could alter your personality.

    There are Helen Palmer tapes posted by Limit so I hope that these may be of help to your self-discovery.

    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=EUIG09A4

    PS: you remind me of myself back in PerN where I was notorious for changing my type like clothes. I'm not implying you do, it's just that yeah I know the "pain" of not being able to know your true type is because you're just not convinced. It would be of great help if we could read Jung's Psychological Types or even Don and Riso's book so that we can be enlightened. For now the basis of my typing is what seems to be closest to me, but I'm just not convinced yet.
    C#2-C#5-F#5
    3 octaves, 2 notes and 1 semitone
    Supported range: F#2-F#4-C#5

  5. #225
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,993

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chana View Post
    i really have a hard time picturing an infp 1w9 slapping a girl and calling her a whore but what do i know
    Elf said he punched her in the mouth. But 1w9 Ayn Rand bitch-slapped her lover Nathaniel Branden when she broke off their relationship.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  6. #226
    Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    9,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    They don't contain anger for ever until they see a right reason to express it, then they express it.
    that's actually kinda what I was thinking about when I slapped her. basically, what went through my mind was unconsciously was "okay, I can hit her, but I'm only going to punch her in the face once. if not, I would just want to take out all my anger and frustration on her because I have this temptation to want to beat up women because it would make me feel better short term" fortunately my NFP powers were still working in the background or I pretty much would have become a wife beater without the wife.
    PS: I'm happy to say this side of me is 100% gone now, I was VVVVERY unhealthy at this point in my life
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

  7. #227
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,993

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chana View Post
    obviously not all people of a certain type are going to be the same, but if they aren't similar and there aren't certain patterns and mannerisms that they can relate to, what's the point of having the systems at all. i feel like he's either not nearly as aggressive as he paints himself out to be, and is just creating some weird fantasy self, in which case i guess infp 1w9 could work. but if that's really how he acts irl, there's no way in hell he's either. the point is that none of us actually know what he's like, and he can make like 10 more enneagram type threads but it's not going to get him anywhere because he creates a different persona for everyone he makes, and there's no way of telling over an internet forum which is real and which is bullshit. you can call it "multi-faceted," but if you've seriously considered like every single enneagram type and haven't been able to narrow it down to 1 or 2 or even 3, it's probably not for you and never will be.
    The part about creating 10 threads would be typical in these cases. And Sixes draw on many different kinds of internal resources as potentials to create whatever they need in this or that environment. But they also maintain an inner value-system as a core belief.

    But what you don't seem to realize is that his difficulty at pinning down a type points to 3-6-9, and Sixes have the greatest difficulty of all the types. If he was an 8 or a 1 there would be no doubt. The very capacity for self-doubt points to Six. The very reason for creating this thread implies a Six. Being unable to narrow it down to 1 or 2 or 3 types implies that he's a Six.

    I don't know if he needs more introspection, but I do know he needs to read more about the Enneagram, and not just the sketchy online crap. The real information is in books.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  8. #228
    Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    9,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    That would be typical in these cases. And Sixes draw on many different kinds of internal resources as potentials to create whatever they need in this or that environment. But they also maintain an inner value-system as a core belief.

    But what you don't seem to realize is that his difficulty at pinning down a type points to 3-6-9, and Sixes have the greatest difficulty of all the types. If he was an 8 or a 1 there would be no doubt. The very capacity for self-doubt points to Six. The very reason for creating this thread implies a Six. Being unable to narrow it down to 1 or 2 or 3 types implies that he's a Six.

    I don't know if he needs more introspection, but I do know he needs to read more about the Enneagram, and not just the sketchy online crap. The real information is in books.
    I wouldn't say self doubting as much as "self skeptical" (less fear/insecurity driven) but this could point to 6 (as well as 5 or 4)
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

  9. #229
    Ruler of the Stars Asterion's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx
    Posts
    2,334

    Default

    The only way you're going to get to your type elfboy is by stepping back and disengaging from it, as many have already mentioned. It really doesn't seem to me (and others here) that you have a clear understanding of yourself, and that can take a long time develop. It can take years to create a complete understanding of the Enneagram and how it connects to reality, so many types overlap and manifest in different ways.
    5 3 9

  10. #230
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,993

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    that's actually kinda what I was thinking about when I slapped her. basically, what went through my mind was unconsciously was "okay, I can hit her, but I'm only going to punch her in the face once. if not, I would just want to take out all my anger and frustration on her because I have this temptation to want to beat up women because it would make me feel better short term" fortunately my NFP powers were still working in the background or I pretty much would have become a wife beater without the wife.
    PS: I'm happy to say this side of me is 100% gone now, I was VVVVERY unhealthy at this point in my life
    The question I've been pondering was not how you felt before you hit her, but how you felt right afterward. And then, how you feel about it years later. I'm referring to your Fi feelings about values which you say were "still working in the background," assuming Fi.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

Similar Threads

  1. INXX ? doubts about my mbti type.
    By Monster in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-18-2015, 11:31 AM
  2. I'm Hopelessly Confused about my Enneatype.
    By Forever in forum Enneagram
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 03-31-2014, 09:39 AM
  3. Unsure about my enneatype
    By autumnandtherain in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-13-2014, 11:11 AM
  4. So I thought about my type... again
    By Fluxkom in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-02-2010, 08:50 PM
  5. So I thought about my type... again
    By Fluxkom in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-02-2010, 02:09 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO