• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 7] Having doubts about my enneatype again =(

Elfboy revisted

• 8w9

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • 9w8

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2w3

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • 2w1

• 4w3

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • 3w2

• 3w4

Votes: 4 23.5%

• Total voters

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm going to let this sit for another 1-2 months and get back to it with a new thread/poll

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm going to let this sit for another 1-2 months and get back to it with a new thread/poll

That sounds like something a type 9 would do.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
9's are usually great at sitting on their thumbs. Why are you different?

Hmm, tough question. I kind of obsessed over it, I wanted to know the truth and I didn't like the haze of not having it... I think. Aren't 9s typically stubborn? I wouldn't quit until I got the answer, and that happens sometimes. Exam questions will haunt me for a long time, like one that asked why chimpanzees were eating leaves, but clearly disliked the taste of them. That stayed on my mind for a couple of weeks until I found the answer, a component of the leaves were activating dopamine receptors, making them feel rewarded. A friend told me I was a master cutter with scissors, and I couldn't shake that off my mind for a long long time (that was 4 or 5 years ago, lol). I currently suspect that it was because his church told him to give compliments to people, and that kind of weirdness does fit his character.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hmm, tough question. I kind of obsessed over it, I wanted to know the truth and I didn't like the haze of not having it... I think. Aren't 9s typically stubborn? I wouldn't quit until I got the answer, and that happens sometimes. Exam questions will haunt me for a long time, like one that asked why chimpanzees were eating leaves, but clearly disliked the taste of them. That stayed on my mind for a couple of weeks until I found the answer, a component of the leaves were activating dopamine receptors, making them feel rewarded. A friend told me I was a master cutter with scissors, and I couldn't shake that off my mind for a long long time (that was 4 or 5 years ago, lol). I currently suspect that it was because his church told him to give compliments to people, and that kind of weirdness does fit his character.

I can identify with most of what you're saying, and I'm a type 5, but also INTP. I can let questions simmer on the back burner for years.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I can identify with most of what you're saying, and I'm a type 5, but also INTP. I can let questions simmer on the back burner for years.

Maybe it's something our two types have in common? It has always bugged me that E9 descriptions have mentioned that they often give up on finding their type because they relate to everything and choose to be untypeable. I can't imagine giving up like that, though.

Perhaps external shows of resignation with not being to identify exactly with a type because you don't want to bug people with your identity crisis are often mistaken for internal surrender?

I definitely don't think that's Elfboy's issue. :laugh:

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Maybe it's something our two types have in common? It has always bugged me that E9 descriptions have mentioned that they often give up on finding their type because they relate to everything and choose to be untypeable. I can't imagine giving up like that, though.

The middle types of the triads repress their center's energies. So they have to borrow from the energies of one of the other centers. In your case you might be borrowing from the Intellectual center.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Perhaps external shows of resignation with not being to identify exactly with a type because you don't want to bug people with your identity crisis are often mistaken for internal surrender?

"Identity crisis" is an issue for the Emotional (Feeling) center. Borrowing from the energies of other centers explains why 9s can appear like 5s, 7s, 4s, or 2s, depending on the person.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Maybe we should go by elimination, so far, he's not a 5 lol.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The middle types of the triads repress their center's energies. So they have to borrow from the energies of one of the other centers. In your case you might be borrowing from the Intellectual center.

o_O

If I borrow from another center, that's not really me is it?

o_O

The other centre isn't you but the tendency to borrow to fill your vacuum is.

Or not, don't pay attention to me, I'm talking with great authority on subjects I know very little about.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The other centre isn't you but the tendency to borrow to fill your vacuum is.

Or not, don't pay attention to me, I'm talking with great authority on subjects I know very little about.

Me too. I don't know what "really me" is. I guess if your type borrows the energies of another center, then that's "really you." I introvert the energies of my Center, and that's "really me." The 7s extravert the energies of their Intellectual center. The 6s repress the energies of the Intellectual center, so they borrow from the Emotional or Physical centers.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
o_O

The 9s (one of the shell types) sometimes looks inside for themselves when they should by looking outside for their center. In this case, the answer to yourself, as a 9, is not in the enneagram or any other typology. The most the 9 can get out of this is to find that the answer isn't here. Or they can get some idea of how to be productive in their lives, e.g., aptitude testing. Otherwise, the 9 can waste years trying to find out who they are because they're looking in the wrong place, the wrong direction.

A good saying that the type 9 should always keep in mind - "When you stare into the void, the void stares back at you."

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
An e8 with the username Elfboy? Impossible! ;)

lol those were my thoughts. I have the strength and defiance of an 8, but certain things just seem out of place "Elfboy", "Chronicles of the Prince of Light", avatars of elf looking anime guys, hair styled to look more feminine and graceful, main interests are music and fantasy? my personality is obviously much more feminine than an 8

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
lol those were my thoughts. I have the strength and defiance of an 8, but certain things just seem out of place "Elfboy", "Chronicles of the Prince of Light", avatars of elf looking anime guys, hair styled to look more feminine and graceful, main interests are music and fantasy? my personality is obviously much more feminine than an 8

"The idea that 8s are masculine is a stereotype."

Come on trolls, where are you on this one!

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Nine's repress the energy of their center and borrow from the energies of other centers. In your case that would be the centers of emotion and intellect. My reading indicates that you will have a preference for one or the other, but not both. If you are effiminate then your preference is toward the emotional center. The intellectual center is still active, but it is secondary (or auxillary as the Jungians say).