• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 7] Having doubts about my enneatype again =(

Elfboy revisted

• 8w9

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • 9w8

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2w3

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • 2w1

• 4w3

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • 3w2

• 3w4

Votes: 4 23.5%

• Total voters

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
think I'm going to try on sx/sp for a while instead of sp/sx. the videos Speed sent me on 4w3 sx/sp scared me how much they were like me

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I got 9, but I found the test a little simplistic. for example, for question 1 I was 49% A and 50% B and question 2 I was 49% B and 51% A

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That's because you lack of self-awareness, so you can't answer with accuracy.

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
think I'm going to try on sx/sp for a while instead of sp/sx. the videos Speed sent me on 4w3 sx/sp scared me how much they were like me

Do you usually focus on intimacy issues? That's what you once said characterized Sx types...

Also, just for the record, I still kinda think 3w4 is a possibility. Being an ENFP, you probably don't resemble most Threes, but something struck me a while ago - you said you had lots of passion and ambition, but felt like you didn't have a lot of feelings... * Plus, you don't talk a lot about personal feelings on this forum, and you seldom show negativity or sadness... A lot of 3w4s can have a feisty, independent streak, for what it's worth - think Miranda Priestley from The Devil Wears Prada. Like I said, this is just my opinion on a possibility. :blush: If Threes are an inherently "bad" type, maybe the Ennegram has more than a few flaws...

* I apologize if I misquoted you.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Do you usually focus on intimacy issues? That's what you once said characterized Sx types...

Also, just for the record, I still kinda think 3w4 is a possibility. Being an ENFP, you probably don't resemble most Threes, but something struck me a while ago - you said you had lots of passion ambition, but felt like you didn't have a lot of feelings.... *Plus, you don't talk a lot about personal feelings on this forum, and you seldom show negativity or sadness... A lot of 3w4s can have a feisty, independent streak, for what it's worth - think Miranda Priestley from The Devil Wears Prada. Like I said, this is just my opinion on a possibility. :blush: If Threes are an inherently "bad" type, maybe the Ennegram has more than a few flaws...

nd ambition, but felt like you didn't have a lot of feelings... * * I apologize if I misquoted you.

- if I'm a 3, I'm not a very healthy 3. 3s seem to have an endless supply of motivation and have no problem finding something productive to do. I have been known to sit in my room for days and not do anything if nothing peeks my interests. my drive comes in great bursts that last 1-10 days, but overall I'm more reclusive.
- I say that my passion and ambition are unlimited because I never fully give up on them. I might stop temporarily, but I don't have a tendency to give up on things, this is more like a persistant 4 than a 3. 4s have trouble doing anything they aren't passionate about, that's why they frequently become starving artists.
-

Plus, you don't talk a lot about personal feelings on this forum, and you seldom show negativity or sadness
I talk about my feelings all the the time, just look at the number of threads I'm started :D

sort of, but I think this was a naive comment on my part. I am noticing more and more that I do crave disappointed by my culture's lack of romantic tastes, sensuality and sense of grandeur/drama. america is so dry and plane and lacks flair and style. it feels like I'm living in a wasteland sometimes. europe for example has much stronger Sx tendencies routed in it's culture.
intimacy and I an most of the reason I think I'm 4w3 sx/sp is because I looked at several video examples of 4w3 sx/sp and thought "omg, that's me :D"
in particular, Maria Callas is like a female more disciplined version of me (usually performance clips aren't the best indication of type, but the instance of Maria Callas, her real life personality is exactly like this)

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
- if I'm a 3, I'm not a very healthy 3. 3s seem to have an endless supply of motivation and have no problem finding something productive to do. I have been known to sit in my room for days and not do anything if nothing peeks my interests. my drive comes in great bursts that last 1-10 days, but overall I'm more reclusive.
- I say that my passion and ambition are unlimited because I never fully give up on them. I might stop temporarily, but I don't have a tendency to give up on things, this is more like a persistant 4 than a 3. 4s have trouble doing anything they aren't passionate about, that's why they frequently become starving artists.
-

Ah, okay. I thought you were more focused on productivity, since you talk quite a lot about enterpreneurship. :D

I talk about my feelings all the the time, just look at the number of threads I'm started :D

You are quite candid with your opinions and life experiences, but I'd say you are less focused on your personal feelings, insecurities, internal obstacles, relationships, etc. You seem to prefer being upbeat and outspoken. Just my 2¢. ;)

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ah, okay. I thought you were more focused on productivity, since you talk quite a lot about enterpreneurship. :D

You are quite candid with your opinions and life experiences, but I'd say you are less focused on your personal feelings, insecurities, internal obstacles, relationships, etc. You seem to prefer being upbeat and outspoken. Just my 2¢. ;)

I do value productivity immensily, but I'm afraid in regards to such I am a hypocrite

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Have you ever thought about having your own forum?

if
1) it was profitable
2) someone else set it up for me
and
3) I could outsource all of the technical management necessary to keep it up and running
then having my own forum would be wonderful :yes:

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Have you always been so fond of money or it's a recent thing?

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Have you always been so fond of money or it's a recent thing?

I have been ever since I can remember. I knew ever since I was little that I was meant to have a lot of money

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
what do you guys think my variant is?
PS: I'm reconsidering 1w9, my post of PersonalityCafe has the details
I don't exhibit the more stereotypical SJ type of 1 behaviors, I'm not a perfectionist by any sense of the word and I don't care for details, but do have a lot of more NFP-ish 1 qualities
- ever since I can remember, I've been enamored with the idea of heroism
- your typical, accepting ENFP is just not me. I don't except people who don't meet my standards (which are almost exclusively internal)
- I have been told on several occasions that I would make a wonderful cult leader
- very picky about things that I know a lot about. poorly prepared tea or opera sung without proper technique just won't do
- I have very premeditated morals and I am not politically correct in expressing them
- mercy is not my thing, actions yield consequences; injustice deserves punishment
- under stress, I become increasingly vindictive, condemning and merciless
- during a period in middle school, I went through a conservative christian phase to the extreme. I believed prostitutes should be stoned, thieves should be executed and the US government should be reorganized into a theocracy. I was openly sexist and condemning of everything and everyone who didn't meet my moral expectations. in the end, I followed Evangelical Christianity to it's logical conclusion, which ended up being against my values, so, to the shock of my peers, I did a complete 180 and became a libertarian deist
- not sure if this is important, but enneagram 1 is supposedly correlated with Te and my Te is pretty kickass =D
- again, I'm not sure if this is related, but I don't understand how someone could possibly be a pacifist. the idea of crimes going unpunished is deeply unsettling to me
- people without integrity and some sort of solid values disgust me. if you don't respect yourself, why should I give you any?
- I use a lot of 1-ish words such as unacceptable, disgusting, dispicable, justice, conviction and a slew of other intense words that people tend to shy away from
- on a more more shallow note, my online user names tend to be extremely 1-ish (Swordsman of Mana, Prince of Light, White Swordsman, Elfboy)

so do you think I'm a 1 or just an ENFP with overextended Fi/Te

other possibilities are:
- I'm a 4w3 with a strong growth to 1
- I'm an unusually theatrical 8 with strong Fi
- I have an overdeveloped tertiary that makes me look more J/1-ish
- I'm in STJ stress mode that makes me look more like a 1
- I'm a 7w8 disintegrated to 1
- I'm a 3w4 with a moralistic bent that looks like a 1

Thunderbringer

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Doubt that you're a 1. Many of the things you say or have said to have "done"... yeah.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
omg, this is SOOO me

from personalitycafe
Sexual/Self-pres

This subtype is a very charismatic. They have a very assertive energy and they demand attention. The lust of the Eight combines with the sexual instinct to make one of the most fiery of the combinations of all of the enneatypes, especially if Seven is the dominant wing. Sexual/self-pres Eights aren’t afraid to tell you what they think. The "can do" attitude that the other subtypes have is now intertwined with an outward passionate storm of energy. The sexual/self-pres Eight will be similar to the self-pres/sex Eight with respect to interests and attachment to close friends and family, but the intensity level is augmented. Since the sexual instinct is first, these Eights usually don't let an opportunity pass by to connect with those they find interesting. They can sense the power in any situation and they like to challenge people. They can enjoy making others react to them, keeping others on their toes, to find out what makes them tick. They are likely to use humor to accomplish this. When sex/self-pres Eights are unbalanced, they are very quick to anger and have a difficult time controlling their impulses.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
actually, I'm looking more at 9 now. how did I ever think I was a 3? my default state is the opposite of a 3. 3s constantly want to be productive and achieving, my natural state is absolutely nothing. if I am not motivated to do anything, I will do just that. when I'm on autopilot, I sit in my room, drink tea, hang out of Type C and maybe watch a documentary. I am assertive because my core motivation is to be left in pleasant harmony without disturbances. the trouble is, I've grown jaded about reality because almost everything around me is a disturbance. schedules, people, work of any kind. most people have to work hard, I have to work hard in order to work hard. it's like it takes double the energy for me to do anything. my 8 wing seems unusually prominent because my default view of people is "what do you want? thank you and goodbye" or "don't do that, you're disturbing me"

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
actually, I'm looking more at 9 now. how did I ever think I was a 3? my default state is the opposite of a 3. 3s constantly want to be productive and achieving, my natural state is absolutely nothing. if I am not motivated to do anything, I will do just that. when I'm on autopilot, I sit in my room, drink tea, hang out of Type C and maybe watch a documentary. I am assertive because my core motivation is to be left in pleasant harmony without disturbances. the trouble is, I've grown jaded about reality because almost everything around me is a disturbance. schedules, people, work of any kind. most people have to work hard, I have to work hard in order to work hard. it's like it takes double the energy for me to do anything. my 8 wing seems unusually prominent because my default view of people is "what do you want? thank you and goodbye" or "don't do that, you're disturbing me"

Do you find it easy to get started, or do you find yourself in states of extreme rest followed by extreme action? That is the inertia of the 9, not laziness, anyone can relax, for example, 8s are very good at relaxing, they can spend a lot of energy to make sure they and those under their wing are comfortable (ime).

That doesn't seem like an 8 wing to me, that completely contradicts the core of 9. 9 wont tell people that they are being disturbed, for 9s, it is all about what everyone else wants. They will try to satisfy other peoples needs before their own... they might not even know what their needs are.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Do you find it easy to get started, or do you find yourself in states of extreme rest followed by extreme action? That is the inertia of the 9, not laziness, anyone can relax, for example, 8s are very good at relaxing, they can spend a lot of energy to make sure they and those under their wing are comfortable (ime).

That doesn't seem like an 8 wing to me, that completely contradicts the core of 9. 9 wont tell people that they are being disturbed, for 9s, it is all about what everyone else wants. They will try to satisfy other peoples needs before their own... they might not even know what their needs are.

o_O, based on this, I seem more 8w9 :D