User Tag List

View Poll Results: Elfboy revisted

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • 8w9

    6 33.33%
  • 9w8

    1 5.56%
  • 2w3

    1 5.56%
  • 2w1

    1 5.56%
  • 4w3

    4 22.22%
  • 3w2

    1 5.56%
  • 3w4

    4 22.22%
First 3111213141523 Last

Results 121 to 130 of 362

  1. #121
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,988

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    yes, I read that previously, but I'm saying that the 6 motivation has never been my motivation. from level 2 clear down to level 9, my motivation has never been security or support from others. you've brought up references to me being like a level 6 type 6 several times, but this is the one level where 6s and 8s can look nearly identical
    Agreed, that is a similarity to look out for.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  2. #122
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,988

    Default

    Let me put this issue of introspecting motivations from a personal perspective. My childhood motivation was to make friends. Does that correspond to the 6? Perhaps. But was it a core motivation? No. What was my core motivation as a child? I don't know.

    In contrast to what SavageIdealist was advising above, core motivations are not that easy to discern. We learn our types from the descriptions, and then discover our motivations from reading, we don't determine our core motivations some other way and then determine our type from something in a book that matches it.

    So if you'll pardon my saying so, you don't know what your core motivation was as a child, and I don't know what mine was. I can tell you some of the things I wanted such as friends, I can relate to you loneliness, longings, other feelings, but not something as abstract as "core motivations."
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  3. #123
    Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    9,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    Agreed, that is a similarity to look out for.
    a few slightly off topic points
    1) thinking more about the idea of being a type 6 fully integrated to 9, 9 represents balance and harmony is is that type that is said to possess traits of and relate to all the other 8 types. if I am fully integrated to type 9 at the highest levels, that would make me basically typeless and free to use the best traits of all the types to their fullest potential. my point is, I would actually like to agree with you, but everything in my gut is telling me I'm not a type 6 =P
    2) just a heads up, we're probably going to be debating about this for a LONG time, but no hard feelings
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

  4. #124
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,988

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    a few slightly off topic points
    1) thinking more about the idea of being a type 6 fully integrated to 9, 9 represents balance and harmony is is that type that is said to possess traits of and relate to all the other 8 types. if I am fully integrated to type 9 at the highest levels, that would make me basically typeless.
    2) just a heads up, we're probably going to be debating about this for a LONG time, but no hard feelings
    None whatsoever. (My emote [buttons] don't work using Chrome anymore, they used to before the hacking incident.)

    Where are you getting this idea that the high end of the type 9 is basically typeless? It's not that I haven't seen that idea batted around before. But if you look at the description of the 9 at level 1, it is not typeless.

    You could make the same claim about any move to the point of integration. If I have done away with my core motivation, as a type 5 moving to 8, then am I typeless?

    Edit: The type 9 at level 1 is described by Riso as an example of the unity of self. That does not mean unity of all the types.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  5. #125
    Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    9,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    None whatsoever. (My emotes don't work using Chrome anymore, they used to before the hacking incident.)

    Where are you getting this idea that the high end of the type 9 is basically typeless? It's not that I haven't seen that idea batted around before. But if you look at the description of the 9 at level 1, it is not typeless.

    You could make the same claim about any move to the point of integration. If I have done away with my core motivation, as a type 5 moving to 8, then am I typeless?
    I added a little to my last post, but no, I wouldn't say so. you would have integrated the aspects of a healthy type 8 and done away with your ego. with the 6 to 9 transformation in particular, the 6 embraces the best traits of type 9. type 9 is known as the crown of the enneagram as it embodies traits of all the other 8 types and represents balance and harmony. a 6 integrating to type 9 would therefore gain almost complete balance and access to traits from all the types by extension. I would think a 6 integrated to 9 would be an extraordinarily wise individual, much wiser than I am at least.
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

  6. #126
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,988

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    I added a little to my last post, but no, I wouldn't say so. you would have integrated the aspects of a healthy type 8 and done away with your ego. with the 6 to 9 transformation in particular, the 6 embraces the best traits of type 9. type 9 is known as the crown of the enneagram as it embodies traits of all the other 8 types and represents balance and harmony. a 6 integrating to type 9 would therefore gain almost complete balance and access to traits from all the types by extension. I would think a 6 integrated to 9 would be an extraordinarily wise individual, much wiser than I am at least.
    Type 9 represents unity of self. In a very abstract, really mystical way, you are correct. But this mysticism simply does not apply to the reality of personality types or personal growth. Integrating to 9 doesn't bring wisdom, only freedom from a certain want characterizing the 6 as anxieties (perceived or not) develop and grow.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  7. #127
    Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    9,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    Type 9 represents unity of self. In a very abstract, really mystical way, you are correct. But this mysticism simply does not apply to the reality of personality types or personal growth. Integrating to 9 doesn't bring wisdom, only freedom from a certain want characterizing the 6 as anxieties (perceived or not) develop and grow.
    I just think this is giving me too much credit. unity of life, spiritually abstract, mystical. I don't feel nearly balanced or healthy enough to fit that description lol
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

  8. #128
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,988

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    I just think this is giving me too much credit. unity of life, spiritually abstract, mystical. I don't feel nearly balanced or healthy enough to fit that description lol
    I didn't give you that much credit, however from what I've read you are a person of higher integration achievement, and therefore someone to be emulated.

    As I said, my Enneagram reading indicates that those in the 3-6-9 triangle progress much more quickly. As for myself, as a 5 I'm afraid progress is much, much slower. Those of us in the other 6 points are burdened with having to enjoy the struggle toward an end that the other 3 much more quickly achieve.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  9. #129
    Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    9,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    I didn't give you that much credit, however from what I've read you are a person of higher integration achievement, and therefore someone to be emulated.

    As I said, my Enneagram reading indicates that those in the 3-6-9 triangle progress much more quickly. As for myself, as a 5 I'm afraid progress is much, much slower. Those of us in the other 6 points are burdened with having to enjoy the struggle toward an end that the other 3 much more quickly achieve.
    I'm going to need to think about this for a while. I may post again in a few minutes or a few days
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

  10. #130
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI
    Posts
    2,841

    Default

    Elfboy, I personally think that your an 8, judging from how much I know you.

    Ultimately, the difference between 8 and counterphobic 6 (or any two types) is not a lengthy overanalysis that stretches for paragraphs on end, it's simple about what you fear, and what you desire based off that fear.

    8's want power, and not this does not make them power hundry military commandoes, 8's can be friendly, nice, and cool, especially when they wing 9. What the 8 wants is a position of general authrotiy over others coupled with autonomy, because it fears that without personal power it'll be weak in the world, and thus a victim. Therefore an 8 will take stances on things, be assertive when needed, and desire a personal level of freedom and power for themselves.

    CP 6's have rejected the fear of anxiety and no longer worry about finding security at all. Their rebellious attitude is toward authority in general, as they see no reason to live under the rule of another for security. This makes them unafraid to live uncomfortably or disregard social order at certain times or take a risk when needed. But unlike an 8 who is afraid of not having power, the CP 6 couldn't give two shits less.

    So ask yourself, what is it, in all of life, that you so greatly desire in this world? What fear in your early life has impacted you in such a way that you have fromed certain convictions/desires based from it? And most importantly, what do you think you are?

Similar Threads

  1. INXX ? doubts about my mbti type.
    By Monster in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-18-2015, 11:31 AM
  2. I'm Hopelessly Confused about my Enneatype.
    By Forever in forum Enneagram
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 03-31-2014, 09:39 AM
  3. Unsure about my enneatype
    By autumnandtherain in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-13-2014, 11:11 AM
  4. So I thought about my type... again
    By Fluxkom in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-02-2010, 08:50 PM
  5. So I thought about my type... again
    By Fluxkom in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-02-2010, 02:09 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO