First 2101112131422 Last

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Uwace View Post
    in that case there needs to be introspecting on my part to really know if I'm a 6 or not :P
    That, and reading up on the subject. The reason I prefer Riso is the fact that he goes into such tremendous and unprecedented detail about types, their dynamic relationships to other types, and personal growth issues for each type, among many other things.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    I think that's only a correlation. I'm sure there are plenty of 8s who went through dramatic personality changes.
    PS: I think I was a level 4/level 5 8 in high school. my focus was all about learning how to get money and it still is (currently I fluctuate between levels 4 and 2).
    Indeed, many teenagers are focused on how to get money. And if you ask for a motive, they will say something like "to buy a car so I can get a girlfriend."

However, you and I both know that that's not what we mean by motives in this context. And that's something SavageIdealist asked about above. That motive has to be the deepest level of motivation one can attain. But few people actually determine this WITHOUT FIRST READING THE DAMN BOOK in order to find out.

And that involves knowing one's type without first knowing one's primary motivation.

A lot of this, however, has to do with HOW you went about getting money. If you actually pondered the topic of how to get money first (which is implied in your P.S. above), then in that case you would sound far more intellectual than a type 8 who simply knows what he wants and then goes and gets it.

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    That, and reading up on the subject. The reason I prefer Riso is the fact that he goes into such tremendous and unprecedented detail about types, their dynamic relationships to other types, and personal growth issues for each type, among many other things.
    the main problem with me being type 6 is that, at the end of the day, enneagram is about base fears and motivations. you have addressed 1 or 2 external behaviors of 6 that I agree to having, but I completely lack their motivation. my main motivation is freedom and autonomy like an 8 and my main fear is being controlled, also like an 8. 6s are loyal and trustworthy because they fear being left alone with no support from others. I don't need this at all
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Indeed, many teenagers are focused on how to get money. And if you ask for a motive, they will say something like "to buy a car so I can get a girlfriend."

However, you and I both know that that's not what we mean by motives in this context. And that's something SavageIdealist asked about above. That motive has to be the deepest level of motivation one can attain. But few people actually determine this WITHOUT FIRST READING THE DAMN BOOK in order to find out.

And that involves knowing one's type without first knowing one's primary motivation.

A lot of this, however, has to do with HOW you went about getting money. If you actually pondered the topic of how to get money first (which is implied in your P.S. above), then in that case you would sound far more intellectual than a type 8 who simply knows what he wants and then goes and gets it.
    I'm afraid that's a gross over generalization. even if you are an 8, starting a business is not something you can jump into without any knowledge or plan and "just do".you have to analyze, you have to learn how it works and you have to make a plan. trust me, I've already failed 2 business ventures from being overconfident in my knowledge. being an 8 does not automatically make you an impulsive fool who rashly jumps into a pit with a fiery dragon without armor and a sword.
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Chibi Seme
    Sunburst!
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

the main problem with me being type 6 is that, at the end of the day, enneagram is about base fears and motivations. you have addressed 1 or 2 external behaviors of 6 that I agree to having, but I completely lack their motivation. my main motivation is freedom and autonomy like an 8 and my main fear is being controlled, also like an 8. 6s are loyal and trustworthy because they fear being left alone with no support from others. I don't need this at all
    What happened to your doubts at the beginning?

You're ignoring the part I quoted which stated that the 6w5 does not often require the support of others, sometimes a mentor or two as Riso stated, but they often prefer to "gut out" their problems on their own. Does that sound like a type 6 according to your idea above? Or are you better than Riso at this?

I would prefer to take your self-descriptions at face-value, which I have done, because even though it obviously seems self-damning to you, I am simply deducing a fact of reality, based on your own self-descriptions, that you are a 6w5.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

I'm afraid that's a gross over generalization. even if you are an 8, starting a business is not something you can jump into without any knowledge or plan and "just do".you have to analyze, you have to learn how it works and you have to make a plan. trust me, I've already failed 2 business ventures from being overconfident in my knowledge. being an 8 does not automatically make you an impulsive fool who rashly jumps into a pit with a fiery dragon without armor and a sword.
    What I was describing there is someone who acts on instinct, what you call "from the gut." Their instincts are right more often than not - or if not, then the type 8 will MAKE them right.

I should know, my boss over the last 7 years is a type 8.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

What happened to your doubts at the beginning?

You're ignoring the part I quoted which stated that the 6w5 does not often require the support of others, sometimes a mentor or two as Riso stated, but they often prefer to "gut out" their problems on their own. Does that sound like a type 6 according to your idea above? Or are you better than Riso at this?

I would prefer to take your self-descriptions at face-value, which I have done, because even though it obviously seems self-damning to you, I am simply deducing a fact of reality, based on your own self-descriptions, that you are a 6w5.
    it's true that 6w5s are less dependent on people than 6w7s, but they're still 6s and as such their basical core need is security and support. their core fear is being without support and guidance. (enneagraminstitute.com). also, in the comparison between the 2 types, I relate about 90% to the 8 side and 10% to the 6 side
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Chibi Seme
    Sunburst!

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

it's true that 6w5s are less dependent on people than 6w7s, but they're still 6s and as such their basical core need is security and support. their core fear is being without support and guidance. (enneagraminstitute.com). also, in the comparison between the 2 types, I relate about 90% to the 8 side and 10% to the 6 side
    I've already addressed the basic core need by quoting Riso on the 6 integration to 9. The quote stated that moving to the point of integration indicates that those needs have been satisfied, dealt with, shot in the head laid to rest and buried six feet under. Therefore, they no longer need apply to you.

Furthermore, I pointed out that your self-descriptions of integrating to 2 actually correspond to 9. Two and 9 have their superficial similarities, but upon closer examination they cannot be confused.

Allow me to quote further from the section on 6 integrating to 9:

"in fact, Sixes at Nine ARE QUITE DIFFERENT FROM EVEN HEALTHY SIXES."

Fundamentally different. So much so that Riso calls it a "revolutionary change."

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

(enneagraminstitute.com). also, in the comparison between the 2 types, I relate about 90% to the 8 side and 10% to the 6 side
    And why not? You've outgrown the 6 nature you described as being your childhood personality. Perhaps you didn't intend to describe it that way, but you did.

Edit - I should point out that perhaps there is a reason for Riso asking that people consider how they were before a certain age. You are demonstrating this reason for us here. That's why your personal childhood bio was so important, and why I only considered your childhood at first, ignoring the statements you made at the end of your bio. The most RELEVANT part to self-typing involves analyzing the self you were before any major life improvements occurred. So when you see yourself as you are now in those descriptions at the Institute site, it's no wonder there is such a discrepancy between your actual type and your perceived type.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

I've already addressed the basic core need by quoting Riso on the 6 integration to 9. The quote stated that moving to the point of integration indicates that those needs have been satisfied, dealt with, shot in the head laid to rest and buried six feet under. Therefore, they no longer need apply to you.

Furthermore, I pointed out that your self-descriptions of integrating to 2 actually correspond to 9. Two and 9 have their superficial similarities, but upon closer examination they cannot be confused.

Allow me to quote further from the section on 6 integrating to 9:

"in fact, Sixes at Nine ARE QUITE DIFFERENT FROM EVEN HEALTHY SIXES."

Fundamentally different. So much so that Riso calls it a "revolutionary change."
    yes, I read that previously, but I'm saying that the 6 motivation has never been my motivation. from level 2 clear down to level 9, my motivation has never been security or support from others. you've brought up references to me being like a level 6 type 6 several times, but this is the one level where 6s and 8s can look nearly identical
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Chibi Seme
    Sunburst!