User Tag List

First 345

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Apester View Post
    I think all Types can be heroic, but maybe not the traditional kinda heroic. It just happens that 8's, when at the peak of growth, exhibits many of the traditional characteristics of someone considered heroic
    I'm not saying some or even most of these qualities are exhibited by 8s. Im specifically referring to the "Healthiest 8" descriptions.. who take this traditional sort of hero and play it up to the point where you'd be describing superman if you put it in a comic book.

And most descriptions, I have read, of such, describes a magnanimous and protective individual, not so much a crime fighter in tights, although most such fictional types are probably 8's
    Right. I think that these traits are natural for the 8.. They aren't something the 8 struggles with at the highest level. Some unhealthy 8s may have to catch up to this.. but bravery, protective natures, etc. These things are not things 8s seem to struggle with.. our ability to control ourselves, and our environment, is our main concern.. Not these qualities. They're emphasized way too much.

And thinking is rarely a struggle for 8's, they are naturally quite good at it

That's why this Feelers being 8's thing just doesn't add up for me, as Feeling and 8 seem to be at opposite ends of the spectrum
    I don't think any type struggles with thinking. But 8s are very instinctive types. Everything is gut feelings, instant reflexes, and intuitive-based information. Taking our struggles with controling things around us and accepting that lack of control and learning to live with it, these are things 8s will struggle with.. And our healthiest will be the ability to accept this. Yes, selflessness is involved in that, and other things that may make up a super-man description. But these are not the MAIN points. Control is the main point. It always has been with 8s, and it always will be.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

Banned
    MBTI
    ExTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

kyuuei

Right. I think that these traits are natural for the 8.. They aren't something the 8 struggles with at the highest level. Some unhealthy 8s may have to catch up to this.. but bravery, protective natures, etc. These things are not things 8s seem to struggle with.. our ability to control ourselves, and our environment, is our main concern.. Not these qualities. They're emphasized way too much. [/B]
    I'm not that much into controlling others, not a big deal for me. Somebody has to be the Captain of the boat(at least in the work place), most times it's a real hassle, easier to be the second mate. The only time it becomes a big deal for me, is when those in control are fuck heads and/or fuck with me. There are times I'll assume control to counter act somebody who is incompetent or weak or fucking with me or mine

I think the root of control is that I, and probably all other 8's, really don't like taking shit from people and I think that has more to do with respect. Respect, giving and receiving, is huge in my world and it seems the same for other 8's I have met

I don't think any type struggles with thinking. But 8s are very instinctive types. Everything is gut feelings, instant reflexes, and intuitive-based information.
    I would guess that would depend on the individuals perception filter and judgement functions, that I would assume, has more to do with MBTI Type.

Taking our struggles with controling things around us and accepting that lack of control and learning to live with it, these are things 8s will struggle with..And our healthiest will be the ability to accept this. Yes, selflessness is involved in that, and other things that may make up a super-man description. But these are not the MAIN points.
    True, but I think more so with the unhealthy and young 8's, getting past it just requires confidence and the removal of fears associated with the behavior

Control is the main point. It always has been with 8s, and it always will be.
    I think it is a point, but not the main point.

I reckon the biggest problem, for most 8's, is depth of connection, allowing one self to immerse in the warmth, trusting, letting down the amour, putting down the weapons, opening up, being vulnerable

This can be very hard and life can be very lonesome and painful for a lot of 8's, especially the sx first, because of this
    Last edited by Apester; 07-30-2011 at 11:31 AM.
    Likes Sanjuro liked this post

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    8 sx/sp

Haha YES!

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

You know you're an 8 when your rage has its own gravitational field.
    Likes Norqs liked this post