User Tag List

First 2345 Last

Results 31 to 40 of 44

  1. #31
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,993

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Jelly View Post
    This thread makes 8s sound all icky and I'm an 8w7 :|
    Mistyped 3w2.

    Edit: I'll explain a bit. Where you say, "in the work environment I want to be in a leadership position not because I want to boss around others, but because I want to be in charge of myself..." that is a type 3 statement. And there are some 2 traits in the rest of your self-description.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  2. #32
    Emperor/Dictator kyuuei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    8
    Posts
    13,881

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd Girl View Post
    ^ :1377: Au contraire my dear...
    I was pointing out that it seems so over the top.. Of course I wouldn't attack anyone openly weaker than I--there isn't much need to.. but if someone weaker than me is in my way, I won't hesitate MORE because they're weaker.. I won't openly be MORE aggressive to someone stronger than I. To me, weaker or stronger, it doesn't make a difference. I want what I want, and I'll stop at nothing to get it.

    If it came to hand-to-hand combat, as the statement has a feeling toward, I'd probably subdue someone weaker instead of assaulting them.. but that's nothing out of the ordinary.

    8s have a heart--but only because humans tend to.. Without that, I'd be relentless.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jenaphor View Post
    You're welcome.

    And another link. I prefer this one since it tempers some of that heroic stuff. But it, like most other descriptions is over-the-top for 8's. This part is cool and s'truth:
    I think I've complained in an entire thread already about how I think the heroic aspects of the eight just disgust me. Taking away the whole "Most people aren't healthy, they're at the average setting" equation... It almost makes me feel like I have to start wearing a Batman costume and fight crime just to be 'healthy'. This heroic stuff just doesn't really coincide with what I feel is a healthy level for a normal person.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

    Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

    In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

  3. #33
    Emperor/Dictator kyuuei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    8
    Posts
    13,881

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    Why a crying woman, of all things? So I have to explain my reasoning. Okay. Because I'm thinking of male 8s in particular who have a weakness for crying women, or crying in general. Maybe this weakness isn't found in female 8s, I don't know.
    I'm not quite sure how to handle emotional people either.. :/
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

    Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

    In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

  4. #34
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    MBTI
    ExTP
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Posts
    24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yenom View Post
    When you give the blank stare at people, they felt like you are going to rape them.
    When I stare at my enemies, they always feel like they are in danger.
    True dat

    I'm a bouncer and can eye fuck a troublemaker into submission from across a room

    Makes the job a lot easier

  5. #35
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    MBTI
    ExTP
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Posts
    24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    You know you're an 8 when -

    You are invincible, nothing can penetrate your protective barrier - except a crying woman.
    Why are crying women kryptonite to 8's?

    Because inside every 8, is a sensitive little boy/girl, that rarely cried, even to an unhealthy level and seeing others do it, triggers empathy and tempts the 8 to do the same

    Which can never be allowed, so it must stop

  6. #36
    A window to the soul
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Apester View Post
    Why are crying women kryptonite to 8's?

    Because inside every 8, is a sensitive little boy/girl, that rarely cried, even to an unhealthy level and seeing others do it, triggers empathy and tempts the 8 to do the same

    Which can never be allowed, so it must stop
    Tis true [for me].

  7. #37
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    MBTI
    ExTP
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Posts
    24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    I was pointing out that it seems so over the top.. Of course I wouldn't attack anyone openly weaker than I--there isn't much need to.. but if someone weaker than me is in my way, I won't hesitate MORE because they're weaker.. I won't openly be MORE aggressive to someone stronger than I. To me, weaker or stronger, it doesn't make a difference. I want what I want, and I'll stop at nothing to get it.

    If it came to hand-to-hand combat, as the statement has a feeling toward, I'd probably subdue someone weaker instead of assaulting them.. but that's nothing out of the ordinary.

    8s have a heart--but only because humans tend to.. Without that, I'd be relentless.



    I think I've complained in an entire thread already about how I think the heroic aspects of the eight just disgust me. Taking away the whole "Most people aren't healthy, they're at the average setting" equation... It almost makes me feel like I have to start wearing a Batman costume and fight crime just to be 'healthy'. This heroic stuff just doesn't really coincide with what I feel is a healthy level for a normal person.
    I would gladly die a heroic and useful death tomorrow

    I think potential heroism is innate in all 8's, as they have the combination of traits, that when packaged together at the right place, in the right time can result in extraordinary actions

    he·ro·ic
    adjective /həˈrōik/ 

    Having the characteristics of a hero or heroine; very brave

  8. #38
    Emperor/Dictator kyuuei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    8
    Posts
    13,881

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Apester View Post
    I would gladly die a heroic and useful death tomorrow

    I think potential heroism is innate in all 8's, as they have the combination of traits, that when packaged together at the right place, in the right time can result in extraordinary actions

    he·ro·ic
    adjective /həˈrōik/ 

    Having the characteristics of a hero or heroine; very brave
    Do you think that 8s are more prone to being heroes than, say, 4s or 7s? I can easily see many types going into an almost heroic aspect of things.. albeit the motivations may be different. What I am saying is, is that most people are not heroes in the "Fight crime in tights" sense of justice. And I think the descriptions for the "most healthy" 8 all point to that sort of lifestyle, which shouldn't be the case. Its a bit TOO idealistic.. asking too much.

    I'm not saying 8s are incapable of, or are odd for, being almost heroic in nature.. I just don't think this is a trait that is specifically geared towards 8s, and that the descrptions put way too much emphasis on this sort of thing and less emphasis on introspection, logical thinking, and acceptance--things 8s struggle with.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

    Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

    In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

  9. #39
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,993

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Apester View Post
    Why are crying women kryptonite to 8's?

    Because inside every 8, is a sensitive little boy/girl, that rarely cried, even to an unhealthy level and seeing others do it, triggers empathy and tempts the 8 to do the same

    Which can never be allowed, so it must stop
    Probably. I don't know if it's true of type 8 women.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  10. #40
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    MBTI
    ExTP
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Posts
    24

    Default

    kyuuei Do you think that 8s are more prone to being heroes than, say, 4s or 7s? I can easily see many types going into an almost heroic aspect of things.. albeit the motivations may be different. What I am saying is, is that most people are not heroes in the "Fight crime in tights" sense of justice. And I think the descriptions for the "most healthy" 8 all point to that sort of lifestyle, which shouldn't be the case. Its a bit TOO idealistic.. asking too much.
    I think all Types can be heroic, but maybe not the traditional kinda heroic. It just happens that 8's, when at the peak of growth, exhibits many of the traditional characteristics of someone considered heroic

    And most descriptions, I have read, of such, describes a magnanimous and protective individual, not so much a crime fighter in tights, although most such fictional types are probably 8's

    I'm not saying 8s are incapable of, or are odd for, being almost heroic in nature.. I just don't think this is a trait that is specifically geared towards 8s, and that the descrptions put way too much emphasis on this sort of thing and less emphasis on introspection, logical thinking, and acceptance--things 8s struggle with
    .

    Other Types, at their peak of ripeness, would also be described in other types of very positive terminology, but heroic, just happens to be the word to best describe the behavior patterns of an 8, at the peak

    And thinking is rarely a struggle for 8's, they are naturally quite good at it, it's the feeling part that is a problem

    That's why this Feelers being 8's thing just doesn't add up for me, as Feeling and 8 seem to be at opposite ends of the spectrum

Similar Threads

  1. [INFP] You know you're an INFP when...
    By Lotr246 in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 468
    Last Post: 08-19-2017, 07:18 PM
  2. [INFJ] You know you're an INFJ when...
    By Dali in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 2356
    Last Post: 03-07-2017, 02:37 AM
  3. [INTP] You know you're an INTP when...
    By Martoon in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 174
    Last Post: 01-10-2011, 01:14 AM
  4. [ENFP] You know you're an ENFP when...
    By phoenix13 in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 242
    Last Post: 08-18-2010, 12:37 AM
  5. [ENFJ] You know you're an ENFJ when...
    By Leysing in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 66
    Last Post: 08-10-2009, 01:05 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO