• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Other/Multiple Enneatypes] 3/4/3

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
hey marm want to make our own type? we can be 10s :laugh:

aesthetic image-conscious occasionally ballsy introspectives.

oh and speed, i forgot to mention, the astrology info i had came from here: http://alabe.com/freechart/
it's nice, you plug in your info and it spits out a natal chart and corresponding interpretations.

Rising Sign is in 26 Degrees Aquarius
You like new ideas and concepts, but you prefer to discover them by yourself -- it is not easy for others to convert you to anything. You form your own opinions, but once you do form them, you then want to convince everyone else that they are correct. Try to be more tolerant of the opinions of others. You have a deep and abiding interest in science, mathematics, and the great social problems of the day. Very sympathetic toward the downtrodden, equality is your battle cry! You demand that those in authority be fair to all. You are an intellectual -- emotions and emotional people are difficult for you to understand. You are known for being calm, cool, detached and objective.

Sun is in 23 Degrees Taurus.
You are known for being patient, slow moving and careful -- you love to prolong and savor enjoyable times. You appreciate and need comfort, ease and warm surroundings. Be careful of a tendency to become placid and self-satisfied and to overeat (especially sweets). You require strenuous situations in order to grow and mature properly, even though you try to avoid them. Affectionate, even-tempered and slow to anger -- when you do become emotionally upset, you are also slow to forgive and time must pass before your calm returns. You demand real results from any situation -- abstractions are very difficult for you to comprehend. Very artistic, your hands love to mold and shape things. You portray an earthy, physical sexiness that others find quite seductive.

Moon is in 21 Degrees Capricorn.
You are serious and shy and very uncomfortable in those situations where spontaneous and exuberant emotional reactions seem called for. An achiever, you prefer doing practical, worthwhile things that produce tangible results. You need role models to respect, love and emulate. You tend to feel that you're a failure unless you get an important and highly respected position in life. Don't be so hard on yourself! For you, practical needs always win out over emotional considerations. Remember that you too have the right to comfort, security and love. Dutiful and patient, when you make an emotional commitment, you sign on for the long haul -- your love is long- enduring.

Mercury is in 08 Degrees Taurus.
A slow and careful thinker, you like to present ideas visually and concretely. Abstractions are quite difficult for you to understand. For you, everything must be practical and useful in order to merit your attention. You are a perfectionist -- you enjoy being skillful enough to handle the dexterity required of fine craftsmanship. Cautious and conservative in your thinking, you are very slow to change your opinions. You are more apt to respond to an appeal to your feelings than to an appeal to logic or reason.

Venus is in 12 Degrees Aries.
You are a very affectionate person but you hate to be tied down. You are more than willing to be the aggressor in initiating new relationships. Indeed, once you have set your sights on someone, you tend to pursue him or her ardently and passionately. But you do demand your own way in a relationship. Try to give in to your partner's needs and desires once in a while.

Mars is in 18 Degrees Pisces.
Very sensitive and vulnerable, it is difficult for you to assert yourself. At times, you feel quite tired and you will require a lot of sleep in order to maintain your health and your strength. You are at your best when you act without your ego being important. You can be very unselfish and considerate of the needs of others. You get the most satisfaction by giving to others when you expect nothing in return. Beware of a tendency to want always to work behind the scenes or to become overly deceptive by doing things behind others' backs.

Jupiter is in 09 Degrees Cancer.
You must be emotionally secure in order to grow and develop. You are happiest when your family and community support and nourish you and boost your morale. Whether your childhood experiences of love and emotional dependability were positive or negative will set the tone for your emotional growth and stability as an adult. When you feel at ease with yourself, you are able to offer assistance to those who need a helping hand.

Saturn is in 25 Degrees Capricorn.
Very serious-minded and mature, you have the ability to take on responsibilities and to carry out important duties. You can also be trusted to be extremely practical and thrifty. A good organizer, you are the ideal one to be counted on to take a clearly defined project through to its logical conclusion. An achiever, you pride yourself on your ability to focus your attention totally on some worthy goal and then attain it.

Uranus is in 09 Degrees Capricorn.
You, and your peer group as well, seek out practical solutions to a changing society's attitudes to customs, traditions and authority structures. Your logical and orderly manner of dealing with these matters will result in permanent and carefully planned, but sweeping, reforms.

N. Node is in 10 Degrees Aquarius.
As long as someone else (or a group or organization) appeals to your intellectual sensibilities, you'll try to ally yourself with them in some way. You may find that you always seem to get involved with many wide-ranging groups -- so much so that you find it difficult to fit them all into your busy schedule. Your many friends and acquaintances provide you with needed stimulation. You're loyal and fair-minded -- you try to spend time equally with all your friends, never concentrating on just one or two for any length of time. Although probably quite conservative yourself, you're attracted to those who are a bit offbeat or eccentric -- you enjoy watching their minds work.

Totally acurate. Thanks!;)

Starry

I hav'nt figured out Brett Michael's type, but yes he could really be a Sexual 7w6. I know that Bono and Robert Plant are 7w6 Sx/So; Richard Branson as well.

Now for 7w6 Sp/Sx, I know a girl who is of that type, she's ENFJ. What could I say to you about her? Because I'm not sure to know any famous example of that type, but for the adjascent type, I have.

7w6 Sp/So
Steven Spielberg:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBH89Y0Xj7c
Elton John:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQ4_NSc4Oh0

7w8 Sp/Sx
Linda Lee Bukowski:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHAW6cBVjro
Bruce Willis:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ej8k-kL1Wk

6w7 Sp/Sx
Calista Flockart:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcJM_Fe42Xg
Dido:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEvsMb9yZAY
Willow:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lBPH5BJnek*

7w6 Sx/Sp
Salvador Dali:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXT2E9Ccc8A
Zsa Zsa Gabor:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmZLHCKphi4
Ava Gardner:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2hy6fyheIA
Nina Hagen:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4QXi3APfoI

Also, I suspect Meher Baba was a 7w6 Sp/Sx or Sx/Sp, but I'm not sure:

[youtube=rt4xVI2odKw]Meher Baba (?)7w6 Sp/Sx-Sx/Sp(?)[/youtube]

Speed...thank you so much for this. I actually can't thank you enough really. I will watch all of these to try and get a better understanding of what e-type I actually am. I so appreciate it.

And skylights...thank you for letting me sneak in on your thread...you are so sweet. And yes, I did know you wouldn't mind lol. Regardless of e-type...you have the ENFP 'the more the better/I learn from you - you learn from me/community' thing too! I love it.

EDIT lol Brett Michaels

Chloe

this is why i think 3 for skylights. (from a very very old thread lol)

hey guys. tl;dr in bold

ok first of all thanks to petra pan for knowing i was a 3 all along (at least in my trifix ha ha) and nudging me patiently until i finally agreed ;)

but what i want to talk about is decision-making, and possibly in particular for Fi dom/aux 3s, because i often find my Fi-ish desires at odds with my 3-ish desires. and being that i'm a rather indecisive P already, it just makes everything a bit more tricky! and even if i'm not a 3, this problem is 3 enough that i still would really like to approach it in that way.

what i mean is that i often find my personal desire to have meaning/goodness (Fi) up against the desire to have what is the biggest, the best, the most admirable, and what others would affirm (3).

take my car, for example. it's a fairly low-price reliable small but nice sedan. i usually love it, because it's fun to drive (lightweight and stick shift!), well-suited to my needs, a color that i like, and has been with me through a lot! but occasionally i feel a bit embarrassed that it's not a nicer, fancier, more expensive car. especially when i'm hanging around snobby people. like my family.

and when it comes to making decisions, i often find these two sorts of desires pitted against one another: do i go for meaning, or what is The Best? because honestly, when i go for meaning, Fi knows it's "right", but i feel regret that i didn't get The Best. i feel like i'm letting myself down and i'm letting others down, because i could have done better. but when i go for The Best, Fi is pissy. i'm looking at a piece of jewelry - Fi says i really like it smaller; 3 says it's more impressive if it's bigger. your friends will like it more. your bff jill will like it more and i really trust her judgment (though i think she is a 3 too.) your parents will like it more. and it's the exact same thing just bigger anyway, there's no reason not to like it. people will take you more seriously and know you're wealthy and impressive. and it sounds kind of stupid to write it, but i do want people to think/know this.

and yeah, i know we're told from day 1 to go with our hearts because money will never make us happy. but my parents both have public service jobs (and technically we are upper class, but still) - they keep telling me that from their experience they genuinely believe it's better to just be a good person in a non-public job (or like a govt job) than to limit myself to a lower salary job even though it's idealistic, and have to struggle with financial issues. and note that they're both idealists (not the NF kind) - both work purely for human betterment. and they're are plagued by financial headaches.

so anyway. Fi vs 3. how the hell does one go about reconciling this?

Chloe

and especially this, from the same thread:
yeah. i think that on a lot of levels i realize that those are unhealthy 3 thoughts, but sometimes it hits me that if i didn't think like that, i wouldn't be nearly as successful as i've been. which sounds a bit like self-deception, but i think it's a valid point. it's funny, to look at my resume, it looks good - because i don't really feel like i've done that well! though i do like to reflect on certain stuff - awards, high-ranking positions, etc - that i've had. haha.

a defense system. yeah, i really like that. and right, because on a moment-to-moment basis, i am way more ENFP than 3. and it really is a bizarre combination because Ne says fuck everything, let's have fun; Fi says seek what is true to yourself and meaningful; but then 3 is what makes me do crazy stuff like want to go to top-tier schools even though they aren't a good fit, seek leadership positions, desire money, desire status. :thinking: .

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
:yes:

it's true. and there are funny places, where Fi and image consciousness overlap. like makeup, and clothing. i express myself, and also present myself. i do not choose clothing or makeup that i do not relate to on a "heart" level. i usually dress myself based on how i "feel" in the morning, though i am always conscious of how my style is received, how people react.

6 does seem very possible to me because i do struggle with anxiety. the "image" that i do put on is to quell fears of being rejected. i don't feel like i stray from my true self, though. i read once that 3s can get their awards and then feel hollow. that doesn't happen to me. i get awards and feel proud, safe. i do have a preoccupation with safety - not in the physical sense but in the social/intimate sense. and i don't know if that's 3/4 overlap, or that i'm a 6, and it's fear that causes me to behave as i do. i am very concerned with belonging. i tend to ascribe more power to authority than it actually has over me. i also recently read about the 6 "panel of people to consult" in their head... i do that, lol! not necessarily talk to them, but run how i will be accepted by others. i'm sure you can see in play on the forums, how i feel the need to immediately reconcile things if i create controversy or negativity. not for the sake of harmony, but for the sake of myself.

(welcome to "how skylights is self-absorbed, skylights tells all" :doh:)

this 6w7 description is extraordinarily on target:

Sixes with a 7 wing are generally outgoing and may appear more overtly nervous. More plainly want to be liked and will pursue others in contrast to 5 wing who pulls in. Can be charming, sociable, ingratiating. Have a faster tempo, stronger connection to 3. Often self-preservation subtypes, characterized by a personal warmth. Can have a cheerful, forward-looking drive and be disarmingly funny. Self-effacing, gracious and curious. When more entranced, may be self-contradicting and seem as if they want two things at once. Sometimes test others overtly, drive you crazy with mixed messages. It may be hard to follow what they're saying. When threatened, one defense is to become impossible to please. When counterphobic, they tend to be accusative. Some get caught up in big plans that they hope will result in material security. Also can be insecure, irritable, petty, irrational, chaotic. Subject to mood swings, inferiority complexes, runaway fears. May have hair-trigger flare-ups of paranoia. Falsely accuse others and then seem not to realize it. Other times they plead to be taken care of. Sometimes defensively conservative in their lifestyle. Some struggle with appetite.

i mean, that really, really, is like me. it fits much more than any 3 description i have ever read. i mean, i wish i were more organized, i wish i were more polished, i wish i were less overtly nervous (i can hide it well enough by just shutting up, but sometimes my voice betrays me - or the fact that i tell people, lol). i wish i were more go-go-go (i can be, and i'm very productive when i am, but i am not by default. i need stronger-than-usual motivation to get me going.) i do appreciate a slower-paced workplace, as long as i am free to innovate.

honestly though i have no idea how i've ended up being torn between two stereotypically "hard worker" types. i mean yeah i work hard sometimes. and as fast as i can, because i want to get it done and not have to deal with it lol.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
:yes:

that's true. and then there are the places where Fi and image consciousness overlap. like makeup, and clothing. i express myself, and also present myself. i do not choose clothing or makeup that i do not relate to on a "heart" level. i usually dress myself based on how i feel in the morning, though i am always conscious of the style i am presenting. even when i am in pajamas or gym clothes, i put thought to it. it is in part for others and in part for myself.

6 does seem very familiar to me because i do struggle with anxiety. i am quite anxious by nature. i am usually trusting, but i don't take things at face value. i like to fact-check if something seems a bit off. i tend to run through danger scenes in my head... last time i was at the dentist, in the waiting room, i had to use the bathroom, and as i got back to my seat, i thought about, what if someone had seen the mascara i was taking out and thought it was some kind of weapon... and they had attacked... and i had to lock myself in the bathroom and escape out the ceiling... lol...

anyway. the part of the "image" that i do put on - as opposed to what is purely me - is to quell fear, the fear of being rejected. i mean, perhaps that's why i look internally like a 3, because my fear is the same as 3's fear, but i respond to the fear as opposed to the shame. maybe. or maybe i'm just an emotional, lazy 3, hahaha. i also wonder how much having a very close friend who is a 3, is affecting me. i definitely feel pressure from her to up my own standards. and i like that, but i think the fact that my standards are lower from the get-go is significant. whereas i feel like i help bring her back down to earth when she's a bit too stuck up or support her when she actually talks about her feelings about herself, which is rare. whereas i always want to talk about how i feel, and she helps me approach it rationally (even though she's a Fe type, not T!) and do something about it, instead of stewing. i don't know if having a strong 3w2 friend is making me seem more 3, when i am not, or making me feel like a less authentic 3, even though i am.

and i am more emotionally reactive, as 6s are said to be. i cannot shut emotion down. it subsumes me. i read once that 3s can get their awards or accolades and then feel hollow. that doesn't happen to me. i get awards and feel proud, excited, stabilized. safe. and i do have a preoccupation with safety - not in the physical sense but in the social/intimate sense. i give my whole emotional self to the causes and people i love and that's a lot of vulnerability, so i have to really trust something if i place my faith in it, or someone, to let them in close. i am very concerned with belonging. i like to belong, and to have earned my place. i tend to ascribe more power to authority than it actually has over me, and to be constantly aware of it. i also recently read about the 6 "panel of people to consult" in their head... i do that, lol! not to "talk" to them, but because i do not want to disappoint the people close to me.

and i'm sure you can see in play on the forums, how i feel the need to immediately reconcile things if i create controversy or negativity. not for the sake of global harmony, but for the sake of myself. (welcome to "how skylights is self-absorbed, skylights tells all" :doh:)

this 6w7 description is extraordinarily on target for my personality:

Sixes with a 7 wing are generally outgoing and may appear more overtly nervous. More plainly want to be liked and will pursue others in contrast to 5 wing who pulls in. Can be charming, sociable, ingratiating. Have a faster tempo, stronger connection to 3. Often self-preservation subtypes, characterized by a personal warmth. Can have a cheerful, forward-looking drive and be disarmingly funny. Self-effacing, gracious and curious. When more entranced, may be self-contradicting and seem as if they want two things at once. Sometimes test others overtly, drive you crazy with mixed messages. It may be hard to follow what they're saying. When threatened, one defense is to become impossible to please. When counterphobic, they tend to be accusative. Some get caught up in big plans that they hope will result in material security. Also can be insecure, irritable, petty, irrational, chaotic. Subject to mood swings, inferiority complexes, runaway fears. May have hair-trigger flare-ups of paranoia. Falsely accuse others and then seem not to realize it. Other times they plead to be taken care of. Sometimes defensively conservative in their lifestyle. Some struggle with appetite.

i mean, that really, really, is like me. it fits much more than any 3 description i have ever read. i mean, i wish i were more organized, i wish i were more polished, i wish i were less overtly nervous (i can hide it well enough by just shutting up, but sometimes my voice betrays me - or the fact that i tell people, lol). i wish i were more go-go-go (i can be, and i'm very productive when i am, but i am not by default. i need stronger-than-usual motivation to get me going.) i do appreciate a slower-paced workplace, as long as i am free to innovate.

honestly though i have no idea how i've ended up being torn between two stereotypically "hard worker" types. i mean yeah i work hard sometimes. and as fast as i can, because i want to get it done and not have to deal with it lol.

:laugh:

Chloe

even if u relate to description of Pirate, Enneagram is not about descriptions, its about motivations.

AND, yes, 3s are running from their fear and do it with trying to achieve stuff. (try reading part of maitri's book that i've uploaded, its about triangle; 9-6-3, called "the inner fall", but there might be possibility that you will end up even more confused hahahah, because as i was reading it i was relating strongly to all 3,6,9 types, and all was description of me, but only one is where i "stop". this is why it's called the fall, its where you stopped. 9 stopped at forgetting about themselves, and stopped there, they are outwardly focused in that sense, 6s went a bit further and stopped at not only forgetting themselves but becoming anxious about not having ground under their feat. 9s forgot, 6s are unsure and anxious. 3s went even further and said "Hell, i cant rely on anything else except myself, so i need to be self-made man". So they are running from fear, uncertainity.
So you need to be careful about relating to 6 because most people do, its what is so common to most people - anxiety. And because 3s really run away from 6's position, and the more you run away the more it catches you. You become uncertain about what you do and you go to Six, but since you're not comfortable with anxiety or being in six shoes, you keep on planning and trying to fix things,... and then if all plans fail you can overburn.
that's how it goes with all 3s i know....

being female, FP, strong Fi, young = all can attribute to anxiety. I mean, it's not reserved for 6s, that doesnt make you a 6.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
well, i am in a bit of life rut right now. perhaps i burned myself all the way around the triangle.

that's cool though petra, where did you put maitri's book?... i will go search for it...

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
OrangeAppled said:
Okay, well, I jotted down some phrases while listening to the video. Here's my impressions (if it helps):

Question 2 response:
fear being meaningless
no meaning in the grand scheme
not have made any meaning in own life
have a reason to exist
worst to just exist, make meaning in your own life
life is big dance - worst thing is not participating
dancing in the wrong way
afraid of not doing the right pattern, something that really represents who I am
have a hard time figuring out who I am/should be
This answer struck me as 3 the most. Meaningless ---> create significance ----> find a sense importance (not necessarily in yourself, but in the world) -----> drive to succeed / make an impact ------> success/status/achievement. I wish more profiles would emphasize the former parts of that link, because I think those are the healthier 3s. The unhealthy 3s are the ones stuck on shallow status, but it stems from needing significance in life.

4s would talk more about fear of being ordinary, losing autonomy, not being able to express themselves in a unique way, etc. Although there is some 4-ish sounding stuff at the end, as far as "something that really represents who I am". If you were a 4, I'd expect talk like that to dominate your answers though....

There is a touch of 7, possibly.....the participation part. 7s are about experience & exploration in life, and they seek to give life meaning in a sense by seeking that out. However, for them, its an end unto itself, but it sounds like to me you want some kind of results, to make some kind of a difference.

thank you so much for the breakdown, OA, this is cool to read :)

you're right about the 4ishness, i feel that too. that it is somewhat there but not the underlying drive. you're right also about 7, i do love exploring, but i expect something to come of it.

Question 1 response:
feel like someone has brought things out of balance
function threads, way Fi was demonstrated as compared to Fe
felt unfair, harmful, not represented correctly
if people get false idea that Fi has no warmth, negative consequences too look at people/assume, bring things into balance

not represented correctly, think that of you or other people like you
fight fire with fire, panic, need to speak up
backed into noble corner

sense of universal balance being thrown off
idea that everything deserves love & respect & identity
needs to be defended
The focus on balance struck me as 9 in a way - they have a strong pull to maintain/create harmony & fairness.

However, it could be a 3 combating negative press, so to speak. 3s can be very aware of their reputation, and fear a bad one, and especially if they have a 4 wing, fear an inaccurate one. 4s can care less about negative reps, however, as long as they are accurate (and may even secretly like being misunderstood at times).

I'm not hearing much 6 in this way......I suppose it doesn't help that much because they were your considerations anyway, but I'd go with 3w4 or 7w6 as most likely.

yes, it's true, i veryyy much dislike a negative reputation. and there's a sense of global protectiveness in very much the same way tyra talked about her bathing suit, which i think connects to the sense of universal balance. it is about making myself look better, but, even though it's more nebulous, i think even more important than reputation is the wider implication it holds for others... it starts with me, yes, but it extends to others... fundamentally it is about us all...

Chloe

well, i am in a bit of life rut right now. perhaps i burned myself all the way around the triangle.

that's cool though petra, where did you put maitri's book?... i will go search for it...

someone needs to reupload it for you, there was thread but 10 downloads were limit, and i uploaded it for 4x... and now dont have document anymore...

Chloe

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHLj_TrwB4I&feature=player_embedded#at=377"]3 threes and a 6[/YOUTUBE]

this is interview with 3 Threes and 1 Six (man). Maybe it helps you :) The guy is INFP i think

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yes, introspective as any NFP! has not much to fo with MBTI

Fact is that there's not INFP type 3, and type 3 ENFPs are often introspective, but hardly let this prevent the job or the success.

ANd what u said a few times about being a kid who would jump on tables and dance and attract attention is very three and very much not six

I was also like this as a kid and I'm not a 3.

1) 3s are, unlike 7s, not narcissistic without merit because they have esteem based on success - so they are pretty much self critical and self aware
2) Threes arent born to be competitive, unaware shallow beings - they are born to become the most authentic of all types (in enneagram gift is what makes most problems at the same time), so healthy 3 would be "I dont take this fake BS anymore! enough! I want to be authentic and havd my own goals and values. " and can very easily spot BS/masks in other people bc they have seen through themselves and their potential blind spots
Ex., i am 1000% i am a 3 and i kind of even despise fake tendencies in me to a point of doing everythinng to become authentic. I think i am more self critical than most non-3s in this aspect because i am awakened and ive seen through my own masks.
It goes with being NF and not tolerating inauthentic life
ESTJ 3 would tolerate it for much longer if not forever
In my own case there is also asoect that i had many huge personal tragedies that urged md in the last few yrs to search for myself and not take my own BS.

And last and most important ; comment on general direction of this thread : Enneagram is NOT DESCRIPTIVE system!!!!!!

All of this is true.:yes:

But, seriously Skylight, I can totally relate on what you say. I'm very image concious and I want to be approved by others and popular, always try to present a seducive image and avoid negative reputation, except when I'm counterphobic and I deliberately be provocative and bad boyish. If you are a 6w7 Sx/So, that totally makes sense since it assumed that that variant is 3ish-4ish-7ish. Have you seen the list of people from this variant in my previous psot? I can put several examples of Sx/So, but I don't think it really fits.

3w2 Sx/So
Elvis Presley:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNFa6WFIXI0
Carmen Electra:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFeVP0ZRA_0&playnext=1&list=PLDCF7B0850E1513E1
Britney Spears:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZZox6jfWUk

3w4 Sx/So
David Bowie:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVLLoVvHSOw
Madonna:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjPO-zILx90&feature=related
Gwen Stefani:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRUaNQMUpEQ&feature=related
Paris Hilton:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSCrSdq0xTM

What is interesting is that most part of these 3s display signs of shyness, awkwardness and anxiety and a lovable self-depreciating behavior wich are typically associated with Type 6. But we can see that their initial impulse is an impule of activity wich flows from the Heart.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
petra, i just watched that video a couple days ago! it's hard for me to distinguish between 6/facilitator/man and 3/guest/woman, though. and he's an I while they all seem like Es. i'm more energetic but less self-assured... i feel like my energy falls in between... :doh:

speed, i do come off more like a 6w7, i'm pretty sure. there's something... not soft? about 3s. whereas i am soft. if that makes sense. i don't know if it does.

i did the typoc video challenge, i'll post it in the new little blog i made if anyone wants to actually listen, but i figured i'd just transcribe it...

what makes you angry?
  • false accusations, false representation of people, when people try to make others look bad, how humans are using nuclear energy without properly understanding how to contain it or dispose of the waste... i hate when people harm or risk harming the greater good for personal profit. i understand wanting to personally achieve, i totally do, but don't do it at the expense of radiation exposure to families and the ocean, you assholes
what do you like/dislike most about people?
  • i love to see them light up when they talk about what they're passionate about, it's so wonderful to see someone go from dull to suddenly sparked and glowing with love. i like being with people, having fun with them! i dislike the “clusterfuck effect”... big group, bad decisions, everyone goes along with it (not to godwin my own thread, but nazis, prime example)
do you like animals and why?
  • definitely, love cats, dogs, horses, bunnies, fish, ocean creatures. there's something really cool, kind of ethereal about animals. pets are sweet and fun, generally, a different sort of relationship than humans. i think having these sort of brothers and sisters on the planet is really cool in the big picture.
what do you like most about the people in your life?
  • totally unconditional love, so grounding, it's the most incredible thing. and i like making people smile... i love close relationships. they generally just get better and better with time, and it's really cool to be able to look back on past and see how you've grown. it's really neat how personalities play counterpoint to one another (considered talking about individual people on this one, but it would take hours)
what do you like most/least about yourself?
  • like: my curiosity, sense of humanity, sense of unity. unity is really important, humans are social creatures. i understand that some people prefer to be alone, but i mean unity in the sense of being on good terms – supporting and respecting others. if we stand together, even if we disagree, it helps everyone. what i dislike: really bad tendency to be lazy then try to cover it up. because i really want to achieve ideal, and don't want to lose respect, but just haven't done what i need to do! wish i could “always be on”, but i really can't.
do you care about being fashionable?
  • yes and no, i really do like to be appropriate for occasions, and i don't mind keeping up with trends, i think it's sort of fun, but at the same time i have my own sense of style and i like being stylish in that way. i'm pretty aesthetically-oriented and fortunately i've never experienced much dissonance between what i like and what i choose to wear and what others find aesthetically appealing. i take a lot of pride in being able to express my self in a way that others appreciate.
do you prefer to fit in or stand out?
  • same thing again, i don't like to catch people's attention in a negative way, but i do enjoy being noticed for good things. i don't have any particular desire to conform just to conform, but belonging and unity is important to me, and i think there's something really cool about a whole group dressing up relatively the same but with some individual variation (i do dislike the stepford effect). like you know and recognize one another as being united and similar in so many ways but you're still each individually yourselves, and you can be proud of both of those things.
what activities do you enjoy?
  • writing, horseback riding, painting, pottery, swimming, psychology obviously! going on vacations, traveling, going to the beach. i like thinking about the future and making lists, and i really really love just being around the people i'm close to, my parents and SO and closest friends.
what makes you feel secure?
  • the people i love, pretty places, having a direction in life. which is funny, because i'm kind of lazy, but i really hate not having work to do.
do you like being in a relationship?
  • yeah, i do. i like having someone to take care of and i like having someone who's interested in me. mutual love and support, i think it's great. sometimes i'm a lot to handle but i like to think that i'm worth it!
what do you love and why? people-things-places?
  • i love the places i grew up, the place i went to school... i'm a pretty attached person, i get really attached to things. love my parents, my SO, my close friends, certain material things that carry meaning – trinkets/jewellery someone gave me, photos, etc. i love ideas and systems. i love the ocean because it's magical in so many ways, it's like a little glimpse of beautiful infinity. i love exploring and travelling. i think it's fascinating. there are so many neat cultures to learn about. and i love thunderstorms!
what do you spend the most time thinking about?
  • relationships with people... self-improvement, i think about that a lot... who i am and who i want to be... crazy ideas about the world, life in general. i like theorizing and categorizing and stacking systems... i think about ideals, feeling atmospheres, aesthetics. how to bring things together.
how have you changed over the years?
  • i was a pretty quiet young child, very inquisitive, imaginative, curious, open, slightly competitive. i've gotten more social, mainly.

Chloe

I was also like this as a kid and I'm not a 3.

how do you know ?

But, seriously Skylight, I can totally relate on what you say. I'm very image concious and I want to be approved by others and popular, always try to present a seducive image and avoid negative reputation, except when I'm counterphobic and I deliberately be provocative and bad boyish. If you are a 6w7 Sx/So, that totally makes sense since it assumed that that variant is 3ish-4ish-7ish. Have you seen the list of people from this variant in my previous psot? I can put several examples of Sx/So, but I don't think it really fits.

I dont agree with this, look at vid above that I posted with 3 Threes and 1 six, male. could you EVER say he is projecting a persona ? I WOULD NEVER SAY IT. anxiety is so dominant in his personality. and look at the title of this thread; skylights is somewhat sure she is in image triad.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
very embarrassed by failing, but i can't say i really know anyone who is happy about it... if i do fail, which is rare, i will try to hide it. or be very very up front about it, joking and talking about how i plan to fix it, if there is no getting around it.

i can relate to this guy

more than her

i was listening to my thoughts today in class, trying to keep track. i think a lot about how my answers are going to come off. when i should answer, whether i've spoken too much, whether i've spoken enough, making sure my point is insightful and intelligent, or funny. of course i listen to the course material, too, but i spend a lot of time checking myself. i have to admit that i just noticed today that i have the annoying habit of slipping in a mention of some impressive thing i have done (it's to give proof of authority to make my point, but i think it could come off as stuck up), though that may in part be a result of hanging around my best friend, who tends to do that. and i do want to be noticed by the prof, very much so. i want to be one of the best students in the class, and i want him to know that. anyway, after class there was a raffle donation thing where you could put a dollar in a certain professor's box to "vote" for them, and i was going to do it for my prof, but i thought it would be rather awkward for him to see me doing that so i ran through my old text messages while waiting for him to leave the area before putting my dollar in.

this video

really makes me lean towards 6. i'm a bit more sparkly/animated than they are, but that could easily be w7 sx. i think i'd be more comfortable in that group. it'd be easier to relate, more comfortable than the 3s. i also want to cheer up their looks a bit, they're rather dark/drab on the whole! not that they don't look nice, they just are in a lot of muted colors and fairly conservative outfits... i tend to be a bit more... hm, stylish or something, more standing out
:laugh:

the thing that i find sort of fascinating is that i never really grew up without authority figures to look up to and to answer to (in addition to my parents, i mean, but they are protective themselves), so it's really no wonder to me that i tend to export my focus to others.

sorry guys... i am obviously anxious and loyal and competitive and image-aware... lol... right now i'm leaning towards aesthetic, overachieving 6w7 sx/so -- if only because i don't have such a drive to produce. i do get myself involved in quite a lot but i don't tend to jump ahead for it, trailblaze, i usually tend to find out about things through someone else, or after someone has done them, you know?

this also sounds like me when i am unhealthy: Level 5: To resist having more demands made on them, they react against others passive-aggressively. Become evasive, indecisive, cautious, procrastinating, and ambivalent. Are highly reactive, anxious, and negative, giving contradictory, "mixed signals." Internal confusion makes them react unpredictably. -- and this when i am at my bestest: Level 1 (At Their Best): Become self-affirming, trusting of self and others, independent yet symbiotically interdependent and cooperative as an equal. Belief in self leads to true courage, positive thinking, leadership, and rich self-expression.

*looks at petra's kidney* :drool:

Chloe

my kidney is safe!

If I am understanding it correctly; it seems like you think you cant be 3/ you are a 6, is because you are (in your perception) insecure, unsure of yourself. But that is not related so much to enneagram, every type can be anxious and insecure, its more related to social enviorment where you grew up, MBTI type maybe (FP ase more fragile beings, imo)... so OF COURSE you think that your exterior resembles more to Sixes than to Threes, but again, I dont think its about exterior. You said you have A DRIVE to go to a top tier school and like, even though you know its not good match <- that's so Three-ish you cant get much more 3! So you have occasional sparks of drive, and if you are not always like that it doesnt mean you're not Three, it means other elements of your personality are playing into this. Indecisive ENFP wouldnt exactly be able to stick to one thing.
6 would NEVER have fantazies and ambitions about going to top tier school (only for sake of going, not because it is a good match) and would never phrase it in that way.
And what you said about failure is actually not true, non-threes dont respond to failure the way 3s do, 3 has drive not to fail that is very strong. This is a line from one book about Threes; (and if you noticed, most people confused about their type on forum were 3s. because 3s tend to be most confused about it!) " Threes have a particular challenge to recognize their traits because of the value of those traits placed in society. Our society is very Three-oriented. Remember SJ types from the backbone of our culture. (...) Often Threes fail (no pun intended) to recognize themselves in Three description because it seems like a normal behavior based on society's values. ........."

You can also see if you are a Three by your physical reaction in your body when you get praise, approval, when someone likes you, and when someone dislikes you or you fail. You feel a bit adrenaline rush if you "look" good. And like someone kicked you in your stomach if you dont look good. Also, I think you're very individualistic, too much for a 6.
skylights said:
very embarrassed by failing, but i can't say i really know anyone who is happy about it... if i do fail, which is rare, i will try to hide it. or be very very up front about it, joking and talking about how i plan to fix it, if there is no getting around it.

Textbook 3. Sorry.

Now I'm really stopping to post in this thread. I'd still put my kidney btw. IF ANYBODY CARES :cry: :cry: lol. Who cares about Petra's kidney, it's imp to prove SKY is 6 :(

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
I know that I have said 4 (but I meant 4w3) a while ago. But that opinion was based on pretty much nothing since I don't come across your posts most of the time. Plus you make sure that your Fi is visable. However I can clearly see you as a panicked 3 when I read some of this. Also the fact that you relate more to this or that person could simply be because of cultural , social, personal or some other differances. So I would not be suprised that you relate more to the FP 6 than STJ 3.

Actually my father is stereotypical 6 (ISFP) and I don't see you as that similar to him. Something in a way to think or treat people simply is not 6ish.
On the other hand if you have strong Fi that multiplies your fears, you are an extrovert who wants to be protected and you are supposed to grow into a 6 or behave more like one there are good odds that you will think you are 6. Plus I would bet that your feelings are telling you that you don't want to be rated as a person who cares that much what others people think. Or perhaps your thoughts are telling you that you are not a 3 because you are not a celebrity. (what in a way could imply that you are failing in life if you are a 3)

I could be wrong but I think that a 3 could be your real type.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm inclined to say 3w4. you strike me as a healty 3 more than an unhealthy 6. ENFP 3s look like 6s just as ENFP 8s look like 1s. this is further complicated by the number of contrasting traits between NFP and 3

Enneagram 3 (Average/Unhealty Levels)
Image Conscious
extroverted
workaholic
unaware of feelings
organized
crowd pleasing

ENFPs and INFPs
deep
introspective
scatterbrained
self aware
disorganized
genuine

what do you spend the most time thinking about?
•relationships with people... self-improvement, i think about that a lot... who i am and who i want to be... crazy ideas about the world, life in general. i like theorizing and categorizing and stacking systems... i think about ideals, feeling atmospheres, aesthetics. how to bring things together.

sounds like a healthy 3 to me. your 3 desire for attention has taken more healthy form in meaningful relationships and your emphasis on self improvement comes across as an attempt to become more "real"

what makes you angry?
•false accusations, false representation of people, when people try to make others look bad, how humans are using nuclear energy without properly understanding how to contain it or dispose of the waste... i hate when people harm or risk harming the greater good for personal profit. i understand wanting to personally achieve, i totally do, but don't do it at the expense of radiation exposure to families and the ocean, you assholes

this is just a theory, but I think healthy people tend to see the actions of their unhealthy enneagram counterparts as particularly distasteful. I have the same reaction looking at the behaviors of an unhealthy type 8 (bullying, controlling others, mercilessness)