Thread: 3/4/3

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Aleksei thinks I'm a 6, too, and so did Aramis...I actuallty typed as 6w7 for a while. I still have it as second in my tritype.

I looooove Emma Stone. If I was gay I'd be gay with her. What's her MBTI/Jungian type?

I can see Emmanneulle Beart, too, the way she talks. It's a mixture of articulation, confidence, strength, yet a hint of shyness or being a little withdrawn (anxious, I suppose is the word in 6 land).

I have had to be treated for anxiety in the past so that makes a lot of sense, too.

As for Diana I could definitely identify with her a bit, but she is more introverted, definitely IxFP. I guess counterphobic is more of a common leaning for me. I have to face my fear, usually. I guess my states of anxiety would be phobic periods for me, though.

I had no clue Ozzy was 6w7. He's ISFP, right?

THANK YOU!!!

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Aleksei thinks I'm a 6, too,
    Aleksei is not always wrong.

and so did Aramis...I actuallty typed as 6w7 for a while. I still have it as second in my tritype.
    Personnaly I don't use the "trifix" thing, because this is very confusing, and it seems to me that it drive away people of their core problematic and core type rather than give them a more full and complete understanding of themselves. You are 6 first, as far as I can tell.

I looooove Emma Stone. If I was gay I'd be gay with her.

I understand you here.

What's her MBTI/Jungian type?
    I don't know. xSFP maybe?

I can see Emmanneulle Beart, too, the way she talks. It's a mixture of articulation, confidence, strength, yet a hint of shyness or being a little withdrawn (anxious, I suppose is the word in 6 land).

I have had to be treated for anxiety in the past so that makes a lot of sense, too.
    Enneatypes of people are often recognizable in a kinesthesic approach, 1,2, 3, 4 etc, display a very characteristic energy, very similar, this is really obvious in workshop when people of the same enneatype are together. Anxiety issues are the passion of type 6, and to challenge it is a big issue as well.

As for Diana I could definitely identify with her a bit, but she is more introverted, definitely IxFP. I guess counterphobic is more of a common leaning for me. I have to face my fear, usually. I guess my states of anxiety would be phobic periods for me, though.
    Diana was an INFP. Personally I have been like this sometimes, in moment of extrem guilty. Sexual 6 are mainly counterphobic, but seldom are those who are totally like that.

I had no clue Ozzy was 6w7. He's ISFP, right?
    He is an ESFP. Oh and very 6w7, yes. But anxiety is not always noticable. Males axample of type 6 can include some like Lou Reed, Mike Tyson, Axl Rose, 2pac or Charles Bukowski, very strong people who are hardly associated with type 6 because of the image of the type as weak. Female examples include also Amy Winehouse, Béatrice Dalle, Naomi Campbell, Lady Gaga or Lindsay Lohan as well as Faith from Buffy the vampire Slayer, where there is a tight note of anxiety and an essential disquietude, but hardly noticable and visible.

Also, what convinced me that you are 6w7 Sx/Sp is that I have a female friend who is 7w6 Sp/Sx (ENFJ) and it is really like you shared the same "material" but used in a differant way, with not the same priorities and focused of attention.

THANK YOU!!!
    You're welcome.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche
    Aleksei is not always wrong.
    ! i miss having him around, unfortunate that he got himself banned. again.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    A lot of e3 reads FJ to me (or even tertiary Fe in ExTPs), so it's hard to imagine FPs being a 3 sometimes.... I might also suggest looking at it from the angle of Fi idealism - the status/achievement aspect may feel like an extension of meeting some inner ideal rather than being driven by social values. Not saying I think you're a 3....I really don't know.
    yes, exactly. Fe and e3 (and e2, for that matter) can so easily go hand-in-hand. much the same as for how e5 and Ti dom, e8 and Te dom, e7 and Se dom, or e4/9 and Fi dom just easily go together. i wonder what an average FP 3 would look like.

that's a good idea, about framing in Fi ideals. i think what happens to me is just that i'm not always motivated to work on things i'm falling behind in, until i know i'm going to be seen by others. like, take my car. ideally i would love to keep my car shiny clean. but i'm quite busy, and a lot of times i forget to clean certain things out of my car, and they pile up. i never let it get very bad - just not as sparkling as i'd like it to be. but the full cleaning just doesn't get done because while it bothers me, it doesn't bother me enough until other people might see it. i'm much, much happier when my car is cleaner, but it's not always a priority until it threatens my external identity. once i almost cried because my mom decided to use my car when it was messy, i was so embarrassed. but then, i'm definitely sp last, and i tend to take care of my own things in last priority. so i don't know if it's really being a 3, or just complete and total sp deficiency.

As for 3 vs 4, another thing to consider is that 4s, being ego-driven (consciously seeking rational distinction of self, in this case, by being unique), are aware of their core motivations more than other types (with the exception of 5s & 9s, also ego-driven). 3s, being Id-driven (impulsively seeking gratification, in this case via achievement) are less in touch with it & may have a harder time identifying their motivations, as they tend to identify with whatever seems to garner admiration (and in online typology communities, 4s & 5s tend to rule). This means 4s are usually aware of needing to be unique, even when that means not being admired (ie. unique to the point of disturbing other people). You'll hear 4s express that much more openly than many other types, even if they are unfamiliar with enneagram. Strangely, the 4 wing with a 3 may make a person aware they need to be unique, but it will make the 3 denial aspect stronger, as the 3 need for status may conflict with the 4 need for individuality (ie. 3 desires seem "phony" on paper). Basically, in typing themselves, 3s have to be careful not to choose the more appealing type. It's just a blind spot to be aware of for anyone considering enneagram 3.
    hm, thank you, i will keep this in mind

and yeah, i feel in a weird place between these two. like, i'd rather self-disclose and discover who i am, but if it's unacceptable, then i might avoid sharing it. there are boundaries. i feel so odd in that i seem so much to be a 4 - like i think i fit the stereotype rather well... aesthetic, emotional, daydreamy, introspective - but then i don't really think about being unique much. i just... sometimes am, sometimes am not... i dunno, i've not really ever thought of being myself in terms of being different, even though i do soul-search very much. if anything, part of my search to find myself is figuring out where i want to belong, and how to make that happen. i know that i'm unique and special, i guess, i don't really ever feel threatened in that way. i'm much more uncomfortable with the prospect of being alone.

i thought i'd answer your questions IRL... what the heck

brace yourself for soft, giggly, reflective (and about to fall asleep) ENFP!

and my first-ever youtube video

the little inaudible bit around 30 seconds is just something about liking relaxing music, haha. don't feel like you have to listen to all 11 minutes... i was a bit slow/rambly... for the meat of the 1st question (when is your identity threatened) skip to 6:12, i answered the 2nd one (what would be the absolute worst thing) first and it took me a while lol

[video removed for privacy :blushing:]
    Last edited by skylights; 03-16-2011 at 02:07 AM.

6s are not image conscious FFS. you cant idenify yourself as in image triad and then end up as 6!!!

Even Maitri gives advice for typing yourself and others as ; talk about your concerns, most honestly, in front of 3 people and then they will asses in which triad you belong.
    Being changeable is because you both are Ps, so that goes with 6's "indecisiveness".

Omg skylights you have the most sexy voice ever haha! I stopped listening just to post this

U sexy thing!

And why not web cam - image consciousness maybeee?:p (JUST WANT TO PROVE URE 3)

Now going to listen ur video...:p

I promise i will think polite, enneagram thoughts while listening to ur voice :p

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

^ :blushing: well thank you that is a lovely compliment

he he he polite enneagram thoughts. i do talk about underwear, i'm sorry, my own fault

not webcam because... haha yes a little self-conscious... though mostly just because i like my anonymity

skylights you really do have a beautiful voice. And I don't know if this will make sense (I just posted something weird on a different thread as I guess I'm in a strange mood LOL) but that voice comes through or I can 'hear' that voice in your writing.

And...when I read these threads of yours I become so confused about my own e-type. If you and Marm are 6w7 then I must be 7w6(and if you are where does phobia & counterphobia come into play?) . Uff enneagram is confusing.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Skylights does have a sweet voice! Wish there was video...

garbage

ground floor on this thread, as I've thought about either 3w4 or 6w5 myself

That Bill Clinton video seems pretty close to the way I speak, actually

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    A lot of e3 reads FJ to me (or even tertiary Fe in ExTPs),
    I thought about this in the e3 descriptions, too. The desire to be well-liked, the inclination toward subtly reading other people in order to determine what they want you to be.. well, a comparison to a not-completely-grounded Fe is pretty hard to ignore.

Type 6 is grossly overtypes bc all ppl have Six element in then - i even read this somewhere.. Anxiety is common to all ppl not only 6s while ex. hoarding is much reserved for Fives....

I think Six is dumpster where thwy throw so much of other stuff bc almost everybody can relate ( raise your hand if you ever took anxiolitics LOL!)