• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 9] Famous 9w1? Specificaly with sx/so stacking?

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've been trying to find more information on 9w1s who are sx/so, since that's what I test as, and after reading descriptions of 9w1, and sx/so separately they fit very well, especially the sx/so descriptions. Apparently this stacking is not that common.

Have you seen this link?

http://ocean-moonshine.net/e1428573...er_op=view_page&PAGE_id=41&MMN_position=90:80

Here is the description separate from the link-

This site also has stacking only descriptions too; it's very handy. :)

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah no problem, this site has majorly helped me understand the instincts, as I can't mind enough information on them in books. It helped me settle on sx/sp for my type versus sx/so. (Lolz I am very engaging and enjoy people, clearly that's all sx/so is about amirite!)

Mia.

Yeah no problem, this site has majorly helped me understand the instincts, as I can't mind enough information on them in books. It helped me settle on sx/sp for my type versus sx/so. (Lolz I am very engaging and enjoy people, clearly that's all sx/so is about amirite!)

I've been pondering the dynamics and synergy that would take place between the primary and secondary instincts quite a bit. My thoughts are still coalescing, but I have some ideas beyond what I've read.

As a side note, I just showed the descriptions of the 3 variants to my ESTJ so he could confirm my thoughts on his stacking. He came up with what I did: sp/so

After reading them he looked at me and stated: "you're sx." I guess it's rather obvious. :laugh:

I'm considering taking the test that one pays for that [MENTION=5999]PeaceBaby[/MENTION] linked me to. They promise several pages of material as remuneration. Is the material they provide more in depth/worth it?

Last edited:

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well, I was planning on taking that paid test when I got my tax return (should be any day now), so I can't honestly say for sure. I've always felt like I've had a solid enough grip on the variants to not have to take a paid test, but if it comes with a bunch of text with it then I may have to! Kinda the same as buying a new book.

I've known a surprising amount of sp/so and self pres last relationships. Never understood it, as the instincts are probably the most important thing to share in a relationship; but hey, sounds like it works somehow!

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
-double post-

Mia.

Well, I was planning on taking that paid test when I got my tax return (should be any day now), so I can't honestly say for sure. I've always felt like I've had a solid enough grip on the variants to not have to take a paid test, but if it comes with a bunch of text with it then I may have to! Kinda the same as buying a new book.

That's the way I see it. I'm also going to reserve some books from the library as well. I'm starting to get as intrigued about this stuff as I was about type, which probably means I'm going to systematically chew up and spit out everything I can get my hands on, and then go searching for more obscure, tangential information.

I've known a surprising amount of sp/so and self pres last relationships. Never understood it, as the instincts are probably the most important thing to share in a relationship; but hey, sounds like it works somehow!

It's all a matter of perspective. :) Things would probably be much more simple with another sx, but love conquers all. Definitely explains a lot, though.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I'm extremely physical, and I continually crave adventure and newness. I love sex, getting dirty and sweaty, improving physical skills like shooting, dancing, fighting, etc. I've always felt very weird around other NFs for this reason, even though I'm authentically NF. We aren't supposed to be oriented toward that stuff.

me too! sx/so oddity? :hifive:

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
That's the way I see it. I'm also going to reserve some books from the library as well. I'm starting to get as intrigued about this stuff as I was about type, which probably means I'm going to systematically chew up and spit out everything I can get my hands on, and then go searching for more obscure, tangential information.

Yes, well worth the $10 IMO. Interested to hear your results. You have a vibe that catches my attention.

Last edited:

Mia.

*Drumroll*

Well, I took the must-pay-money tests. I took both the enneagram and instinctual subtype tests. It was interesting.

[MENTION=5999]PeaceBaby[/MENTION] - My tri-type is 954. This didn't surprise me. I've always sympathized with 5s, and to a lesser degree, 4s. It put me squarely as a 9, but said it didn't suggest a wing - [MENTION=5627]BlackCat[/MENTION] - is that due to probably not selecting enough 1ish and 8ish options?

Now this surprised me. With the free test I tested SX/SO (heavy SX, slightly SO). With this test, I tested SX/SP. I have a general concern for humanity, so when I tested as SO secondly the first time I didn't question it much. As I think about it, though, SP does fit a little better with my actual behavior. I'm very concerned with safety, protection, privacy, forecasting, and resources. I focus a lot on preparing for the future and self-reliance. I also have tended to be a loner in the sense I don’t usually fit into groups. I just figured that didn’t necessarily mean I wasn’t SO, but I suppose an SO person would adapt more to suit the group, which I refuse to do. This might also explain why I've always been interested in physical skills and matters, since SP tends to tune into the body. I’m also scarily similar to my dad, who I am very confident is SP/SX. I also have virtually nothing in common with my bro, who I'm very confident is SO dom. :thinking: I relayed the information to my mom (INFJ) and asked her opinion, and she laughed at the thought of SO as my secondary instinct. Hmm. It's possible I'll have to change my IV stacking.

Mia.

picture a lightning bolt captured in a bottle. the energy is always there but it's contained in a glass jar and only breaks free once in a while for people to get a good look at. the sx/sp is boxed in energy, self-contained, cutting, and focused. other subtypes will sense there is always something more than meets the eye~and they are right.

in contrast~the sx/soc is a lightning bolt that freely bounces around the walls of a busy room accidentally knocking over lamps and pictures.

sx/sp types will often look angry even when they are not. their is a certain reality of emotion which they display that is due to their obliviousness to society. most SX's will be honest almost to a fault.

sx/sp want to choose their friends wisely. a "with me or against me" attitude reminiscent of 6 and 8s. the least inhibited of all stackings. care less of what others think of them. the most likely to get into physical altercations, and may even enjoy fighting. healthy sx/sp's will display a playful selfishness.

sx/sp have a inner confidence which is not usually found in other stackings. however they may lack social confidence or just may not pay any attention to social rituals at all. put a sx/sp in a busy bar and they will be confident in him/herself. but make them sit at their parent-in-laws for a formal family dinner and you wont see that same confidence. its inner confidence rather than social confidence of the sx/soc. may be very popular without knowing or putting emphasis on it, unlike soc types.

Maintaining inner peace and harmony is an art that we learn in order to avoid a Warp Core breach. To outside observers, we may seem calm, peaceful, patient, understanding, solid, strong, and grounded. At the same time, an SX/SP may be more likely than others to own firearms or even do 25-to-life behind bars.

Officially changing my IV stacking. Everything in bold - definitely not me - at all. Everything else, exactly me.

(And desisting hijacking the thread.)

Rail Tracer

Freaking Ratchet
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
in contrast~the sx/soc is a lightning bolt that freely bounces around the walls of a busy room accidentally knocking over lamps and pictures.

[MENTION=15004]mia_infp[/MENTION]

That description is... meh.

I consider myself more like a static lightning bolt. In essence, people see that it is a ball of energy. The lightning bolt moves depending on if the situation is a conductor/repellent. If it is a non-conductor/insulator, it doesn't really move.

In a room setting: I'd move to what conducts me, I'll move/push away from what repels me (like a negative-negative/positive-positive energy,) and I'll ignore/don't-mind which does neither.