First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by mia_infp View Post
    I've been trying to find more information on 9w1s who are sx/so, since that's what I test as, and after reading descriptions of 9w1, and sx/so separately they fit very well, especially the sx/so descriptions. Apparently this stacking is not that common.
    Have you seen this link?

http://ocean-moonshine.net/e14285736...position=90:80

Here is the description separate from the link-

This site also has stacking only descriptions too; it's very handy.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

Thanks Black Cat, very nice.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Yeah no problem, this site has majorly helped me understand the instincts, as I can't mind enough information on them in books. It helped me settle on sx/sp for my type versus sx/so. (Lolz I am very engaging and enjoy people, clearly that's all sx/so is about amirite!)
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    Yeah no problem, this site has majorly helped me understand the instincts, as I can't mind enough information on them in books. It helped me settle on sx/sp for my type versus sx/so. (Lolz I am very engaging and enjoy people, clearly that's all sx/so is about amirite!)
    I've been pondering the dynamics and synergy that would take place between the primary and secondary instincts quite a bit. My thoughts are still coalescing, but I have some ideas beyond what I've read.

As a side note, I just showed the descriptions of the 3 variants to my ESTJ so he could confirm my thoughts on his stacking. He came up with what I did: sp/so

After reading them he looked at me and stated: "you're sx." I guess it's rather obvious.

I'm considering taking the test that one pays for that @PeaceBaby linked me to. They promise several pages of material as remuneration. Is the material they provide more in depth/worth it?
    Last edited by Mia.; 04-05-2012 at 06:28 PM.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Well, I was planning on taking that paid test when I got my tax return (should be any day now), so I can't honestly say for sure. I've always felt like I've had a solid enough grip on the variants to not have to take a paid test, but if it comes with a bunch of text with it then I may have to! Kinda the same as buying a new book.

I've known a surprising amount of sp/so and self pres last relationships. Never understood it, as the instincts are probably the most important thing to share in a relationship; but hey, sounds like it works somehow!
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

-double post-
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

Well, I was planning on taking that paid test when I got my tax return (should be any day now), so I can't honestly say for sure. I've always felt like I've had a solid enough grip on the variants to not have to take a paid test, but if it comes with a bunch of text with it then I may have to! Kinda the same as buying a new book.
    That's the way I see it. I'm also going to reserve some books from the library as well. I'm starting to get as intrigued about this stuff as I was about type, which probably means I'm going to systematically chew up and spit out everything I can get my hands on, and then go searching for more obscure, tangential information.

I've known a surprising amount of sp/so and self pres last relationships. Never understood it, as the instincts are probably the most important thing to share in a relationship; but hey, sounds like it works somehow!
    It's all a matter of perspective. Things would probably be much more simple with another sx, but love conquers all. Definitely explains a lot, though.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

I'm extremely physical, and I continually crave adventure and newness. I love sex, getting dirty and sweaty, improving physical skills like shooting, dancing, fighting, etc. I've always felt very weird around other NFs for this reason, even though I'm authentically NF. We aren't supposed to be oriented toward that stuff.
    me too! sx/so oddity?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

That's the way I see it. I'm also going to reserve some books from the library as well. I'm starting to get as intrigued about this stuff as I was about type, which probably means I'm going to systematically chew up and spit out everything I can get my hands on, and then go searching for more obscure, tangential information.
    Yes, well worth the $10 IMO. Interested to hear your results. You have a vibe that catches my attention.
    Last edited by PeaceBaby; 04-05-2012 at 07:37 PM. Reason: sp *ugh*
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

*Drumroll*

Well, I took the must-pay-money tests. I took both the enneagram and instinctual subtype tests. It was interesting.

@PeaceBaby - My tri-type is 954. This didn't surprise me. I've always sympathized with 5s, and to a lesser degree, 4s. It put me squarely as a 9, but said it didn't suggest a wing - @BlackCat - is that due to probably not selecting enough 1ish and 8ish options?

Now this surprised me. With the free test I tested SX/SO (heavy SX, slightly SO). With this test, I tested SX/SP. I have a general concern for humanity, so when I tested as SO secondly the first time I didn't question it much. As I think about it, though, SP does fit a little better with my actual behavior. I'm very concerned with safety, protection, privacy, forecasting, and resources. I focus a lot on preparing for the future and self-reliance. I also have tended to be a loner in the sense I don’t usually fit into groups. I just figured that didn’t necessarily mean I wasn’t SO, but I suppose an SO person would adapt more to suit the group, which I refuse to do. This might also explain why I've always been interested in physical skills and matters, since SP tends to tune into the body. I’m also scarily similar to my dad, who I am very confident is SP/SX. I also have virtually nothing in common with my bro, who I'm very confident is SO dom. I relayed the information to my mom (INFJ) and asked her opinion, and she laughed at the thought of SO as my secondary instinct. Hmm. It's possible I'll have to change my IV stacking.