• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 9] These 9w1 instinctual stacking descriptions are amazing

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
A bit negative but I liked:

sx/sp 9w1

This typewingstack embodies the passion of sloth very well. They desire personal development and enlightenment. However, their sloth is always one step ahead of them. They know what they gotta do, but can't summon the motivation to do it. They get more in touch with their own willpower later on in life. They do very well in fields that involve listening and connection so long as they can get their judgmental 1 wing under control. They have less drive for comfort and more drive for intense experiences. These 9s can sit around and have long conversations with people they hardly know in the strangest places and lose themselves in ripples only the 9 is aware of. Their fractured identities can also manifest in their living environment....i.e. some parts could be on the warm and bright side while other parts are plain and unattended to. More than other 9w1s, this 9w1 can virtually run on a fast and scattered autopilot for long periods of time with virtually no productive activity. Depression and self-destruction is not uncommon. They are most attuned to the sense that underneath all the things they know they have to do and attain, there is an essential nothingness at the core of existence, even of their own 'identity', and this only further locks them into their narcolepsy. Afterall, becoming awake would bring them to terms with this nothingness and that's not something they want to confront. They don't usually have a social network to fall back on. They idealize connections to such an extent that finding a friend is like searching for a needle in a haystack.... They can wind up feeling completely numb, lost, lonely, and longing for a blissful sense of completion that can only come from a relationship. Perhaps this is why no 9w1 is more pushy and assertive when it comes to merging. When they do, it's as if they are totally blind to any boundary between themselves and the other. As they get older, they can grow more guarded and less excited/open to the flow of experience.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I love that 9w1 sp/sx is tied to Introverted Sensation cuz I know someone of this e-type who is an Si dom.

Very cool.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Definitely good descriptions, I fit the sp/so one really well.

Doess anyone know what site these original descriptions are from?

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
I think I relate to sp/sx 9w1

KDude

Whereever I go, so/sx resonates on some level (at least with a few types). 4 and 9 so/sx don't seem very different.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Whereever I go, so/sx resonates on some level (at least with a few types). 4 and 9 so/sx don't seem very different.

i am not sure of what type i am but i relate to the so/sx part a lot as well.

especially this --
They want to contribute something new and passionate to society, but feel like too much of a social nonentity to do it. They may view themselves as 4ish due to issues around uniqueness, but these issues only arise because of how aware they are that others possess a sense of self, which only reinforces the 9's sense of nothingness....Since they know they lack a strong self, they lack hope about contributing something original. They resolve the quagmire either by spinning their wheels with fruitless and endless self-examination hoping to discover something deep about themselves or by conforming to various personalities and completely checking out.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Here are various examples for each variants:

[youtube=phrIdrQScr0]Gerald Ford 9w1 Sp/So[/youtube]
[youtube=KDWVYCwpjuw]Tim Duncan 9w1 Sp/So[/youtube]
[youtube=m2lp_bXY7Ek]Abraham Lincoln 9w1 So/Sp[/youtube]
[youtube=Cu4sZd11tfQ]James Stewart 9w1 So/Sp[/youtube]
[youtube=RQLEQpWhSI8]Audrey Hepburn 9w1 Sp/Sx[/youtube]
[youtube=eLJsiQ4h3fY]Carl Jung 9w1 Sx/Sp[/youtube]
[youtube=rh47rE8JdhA]Sophie Marceau 9w1 Sx/Sp[/youtube]
[youtube=tlkuk0QZvlA]Walt Disney 9w1 So/Sx[/youtube]
[youtube=mNLsuOA7Y2o]Nelson Mandela 9w1 So/Sx[/youtube]
[youtube=Efblggixy1A]The Dalai-Lama 9w1 So/Sx[/youtube]
[youtube=eMoCP4jZLxk]Georges Lucas 9w1 So/Sx[/youtube]
[youtube=wEUGF3NGbPg]Luke Skywalker 9w1 Sx/So[/youtube]
[youtube=Y2Li5uimRcs]Tom Petty 9w1 Sx/So[/youtube]

Last edited:

Rail Tracer

Freaking Ratchet
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
so/sx 9w1

They want to contribute something new and passionate to society, but feel like too much of a social nonentity to do it. They may view themselves as 4ish due to issues around uniqueness, but these issues only arise because of how aware they are that others possess a sense of self, which only reinforces the 9's sense of nothingness....Since they know they lack a strong self, they lack hope about contributing something original. They resolve the quagmire either by spinning their wheels with fruitless and endless self-examination hoping to discover something deep about themselves or by conforming to various personalities and completely checking out. They are dispassionate in general but can seem more passionate, sad, or lively because they comply to a Oneish social instinct in the back of their head telling them how they should react and what's appropriate. They know underneath how internally unaffected they are. They are taken back by the possibilities of things they could imagine happening without stirring a real reaction in them and find it disturbing to think about how they could merge into anything... They can seem 7-like in their draw to books, people, beliefs, and adventures, but they are drawn to these outlets in hopes of receiving a sense of perspective and self. They have a nose for unconscious structures and may create a new language around patterns, themes, or archetypes in myths, traditions, history, and groups. They are easy to mistype because they can seem to run fully on the 'software" or agendas of different types. They may search for approval and validation like a 3, but reject the approval once they get it as if wondering why they would be worthy of admiration or attention in the first place. It's the 'agenda' 'software' itself they are addicted to, not the result.

This description makes me sound like a 9w1 so/sx... but the sx/so still fits too.

B

brainheart

Something I notice on all of the videos is the smiles. I don't consider myself an overly smiley person, but I know that when I interact with people (especially if they're strangers) I smile. My husband says I smile the most when I get upset. You know, smile... "I'm not mad!" "Yes you are." Laugh, smile, "No, I'm not!"

I really notice myself smiling, though, when I meet a strange cat on a walk or when I'm saying hi to birds, etc. I never really thought of myself as very Luke Skywalker, but that little clip is something that goes on with me several times a day. I can't bring out the trash at night without gazing at the stars and just feeling that... connection, that transcendent peace.

The_World_As_Will

Something I notice on all of the videos is the smiles. I don't consider myself an overly smiley person, but I know that when I interact with people (especially if they're strangers) I smile. My husband says I smile the most when I get upset. You know, smile... "I'm not mad!" "Yes you are." Laugh, smile, "No, I'm not!"

I really notice myself smiling, though, when I meet a strange cat on a walk or when I'm saying hi to birds, etc. I never really thought of myself as very Luke Skywalker, but that little clip is something that goes on with me several times a day. I can't bring out the trash at night without gazing at the stars and just feeling that... connection, that transcendent peace.

Yeah! I noticed the same thing, with the Skywalker clip, though i'm not a dominant 9w1 sx/so, I do get that way at times, this 'transcendental peace' seems to me to be what Maslow called Peak Experiences, and it seems to resonate with the skywalker clip, though I wish there were more tangible examples.

Rail Tracer

Freaking Ratchet
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

I've been told I laugh easily... coming from someone that doesn't have a strong facial expression. :D

teen rose

MBTI Type
INFP
Here are various examples for each variants:

[youtube=phrIdrQScr0]Gerald Ford 9w1 Sp/So[/youtube]
[youtube=KDWVYCwpjuw]Tim Duncan 9w1 Sp/So[/youtube]
[youtube=m2lp_bXY7Ek]Abraham Lincoln 9w1 So/Sp[/youtube]
[youtube=Cu4sZd11tfQ]James Stewart 9w1 So/Sp[/youtube]
[youtube=RQLEQpWhSI8]Audrey Hepburn 9w1 Sp/Sx[/youtube]
[youtube=eLJsiQ4h3fY]Carl Jung 9w1 Sx/Sp[/youtube]
[youtube=rh47rE8JdhA]Sophie Marceau 9w1 Sx/Sp[/youtube]
[youtube=tlkuk0QZvlA]Walt Disney 9w1 So/Sx[/youtube]
[youtube=mNLsuOA7Y2o]Nelson Mandela 9w1 So/Sx[/youtube]
[youtube=Efblggixy1A]The Dalai-Lama 9w1 So/Sx[/youtube]
[youtube=eMoCP4jZLxk]Georges Lucas 9w1 So/Sx[/youtube]
[youtube=wEUGF3NGbPg]Luke Skywalker 9w1 Sx/So[/youtube]
[youtube=Y2Li5uimRcs]Tom Petty 9w1 Sx/So[/youtube]
Walt Disney a 9? He must surely be a 7. Like 7w6.

Urban Pixie

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/so