• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 8] A Legitimate INFP 8?

Chloe

seriously. case in point, yourself. all the descriptions of type 3 I've read are terrible. they make them sound shallow, heartless, arrogant and manipulative, but you're obviously very insightful and introspective and I don't see any ego in your posts

Thank you. And i am definite 3, you should see me failing at something or winning to see how my life depends on it. I have identity struggles. I used to be 3-like shallow until 1,5 yr ago when I started this journey and decided to look inward and know the real me. It wouldnt happen this early if i didnt have much family problems that caused me to become less functional

And yes, whatever type u r ; just look at the core motivations and determine it that way.

Example; there are ENFP 1s (little linguist who used to post on the forum was one) and ISTJ 1s - so how could description of type 1 be good? It cant. It can dEscribe majority of 1s - probably TJs... But not EP 1s... Same with any type. But core motivations are always spot on!!

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
you clearly have little understanding of type 8 (as do most people who aren't 8s)
- I am constantly 8, but that doesn't mean I go bossing people around all day. lol 8s are bossy when (or when they preceive) people are their way. if you are in an 8s way, they are going to remove you.
- 8 is not about regulation. 8 is about minimizing restraints on oneself and . regulation is what unhealthy 8s do in an attempt at a "I need to control my environment so it doesn't control me" mentality. the basic need is freedom and control over YOUR domain, not other peoples'. problems occur when 8s don't know what their domain is.
- actually, a lot of 8s, self included absolutely HATE controlling other people and get pissed off as hell when other people are controlling
- 8s are adamant about what they care about, but not about things they don't care about
- any MBTI type can be any Enneatype. there is no direct correlation between cognition and motivation/fear.
- if you really want an 8 to like you, just leave them alone and let them do their thing. that's when they're trully happy, not from bossing people around all day

dude, you change your type everyday. maybe you are an 8, but just because someone disagrees with you doesn't mean that they 'have little understanding'. you aren't the authority on the enneagram.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
dude, you change your type everyday. maybe you are an 8, but just because someone disagrees with you doesn't mean that they 'have little understanding'. you aren't the authority on the enneagram.

when you put it that way, I guess I did sound a little too "authoritative". but I did do a ton of research into type 8 this time and I'm pretty sure I get it now.