Type Five= 63
    Type Eight= 62
    Type Two= 56
    Type Three= 55
    Type Four= 53
    Type Six= 49
    Type Nine= 48
    Type One= 40

I have been really confused about my enneatype.. and a few times I typed as a 4w3 and 3w4. But I knew that I couldnt really be a 4 because I do feel different and I hate it. I wish I felt more like others.. I really enjoy working in teams, I hate for people to see me as melodramatic or down. I knew I couldnt really be a 3 because I do care about looking good and image, but it's not at my core. I am too lazy sometimes to put the amount 3's put into achievement. I am not that goal oriented, far more Play and have fun oriented. I just found a good test on enneatype in the quiz section. It was different than the others I've taken, much longer and the options were alot easier to chose between. My results above.

I can't be a 7w5 right? So I'm assuming that the most likely typing is 7w8?

But my understandign of 7w8 are strongly independent adventure seekers. I am not THAT independent. I've had points in my life where I was single, but I have ALWAYS had a partner in crime. Atleast 1 other person, be it a best friends, roomate, or boyfriend that I pal around with ALOT.. and get then to join in all my shenanigans!

As 7w8.. are you fierceley independent? In that you'd jump on a plane by yourself to a place you've never been? Let me clarify, I'd EASILY jump a plane to somewhere I've never been (i work for an airline and do it all the time).. but I don't think I could do it alone. The idea is great.. but the reality is that I'd take someone else with me. And if they couldn't come I'd be more inclined to find some other shenanigan they could do. Thats not very 7w8 is it?

By the same token, I think that 8's are pretty assertive, and I definately am. It's a rare occasion that I question my ability or correctness, but when I do I CAN fade into the backdrop until I'm more confident. Is this typical of 8 wing?
    Man suffers only because he takes seriously what the gods made for fun - Watts

MBTI
    HUMR
    Enneagram
    6 sx
    Socionics
    iNfp Ni

I'll add that the feeling of taking someone with me on my adventures is 1) because i fear that if i get into any trouble while traveling, that it's better to have someone to help. Like if i got mugged or assaulted or lost in a bad area (which is something i could totally see myself doing as i jump this one sparkley thing to the next), and 2) because whenever I go and do fun awesome things i REALLY want someone to share it with. Not having someone to share it with takes alot of the appeal away.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

just wanted to say that just about every single time i take a test i get 7w8 and i have no idea why...i don't test high on 6 at all or 4 or 3 but somewhat 2 and 9 anyway...most people on this forum have said i seem very 7w6 and i've decided i agree...so...do the test just suck? or what? maybe just read all of the descriptions and see what fits best.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Huxley3112 View Post
    I'll add that the feeling of taking someone with me on my adventures is 1) because i fear that if i get into any trouble while traveling, that it's better to have someone to help. Like if i got mugged or assaulted or lost in a bad area (which is something i could totally see myself doing as i jump this one sparkley thing to the next), and 2) because whenever I go and do fun awesome things i REALLY want someone to share it with. Not having someone to share it with takes alot of the appeal away.
    i'm the same way. it's like it didn't happen if i'm alone. i honestly just don't get much out of it...at all.. unless i have someone with me.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

brainheart

I can't imagine any extrovert would want to go somewhere alone, if they had the choice. I think by independent they just mean willing to assert your opinions, take risks. That's my guess.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i dated an 8 and it also helped me to realize i wasn't very 8ish at all. they are the challenger...i seek harmony. i don't enjoy verbal sparing...if and when i challenge the only reason would be to defend someones right to their own perspective. i like discussions to be exploratory and informative...just idea sharing really...i don't want them challenged. i believe someone with an 8 wing may have a bit of that challenging aspect to their personality...do you?
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    HUMR
    Enneagram
    6 sx
    Socionics
    iNfp Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    i dated an 8 and it also helped me to realize i wasn't very 8ish at all. they are the challenger...i seek harmony. i don't enjoy verbal sparing...if and when i challenge the only reason would be to defend someones right to their own perspective. i like discussions to be exploratory and informative...just idea sharing really...i don't want them challenged. i believe someone with an 8 wing may have a bit of that challenging aspect to their personality...do you?
    No, I don't fight to fight. Just like you, I LOVE discussing ideas for the sake of knowledge. NEVER to beat someone or make them feel stupid. If the debates get a *little* fiery I do like the effect. But I steer clear of any kind of personal attack and know my audience well. Anyone that sees an attack on their idea as an attack on themself, I will not push. But I really enjoy those that can handle an argument, maybe get a little worked up, but always go away smiling.

Now in competitions.. like especially sports, or one group against another, I do get a bit fiery. I like to taunt my opponent in a very funny but fiery way. I like to see it yank their chain a bit, make them focus, make them try harder, but if I get the impression they are pushed too far, I drop it. In groups I do it as amost a fun motivating factor for my peers, and alone for fun.

This all goes out the door if my oponent has an advantage. Then I don't want them focusing, and give a very playful nonchalant demeanor.

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

No, I don't fight to fight. Just like you, I LOVE discussing ideas for the sake of knowledge. NEVER to beat someone or make them feel stupid. If the debates get a *little* fiery I do like the effect. But I steer clear of any kind of personal attack and know my audience well. Anyone that sees an attack on their idea as an attack on themself, I will not push. But I really enjoy those that can handle an argument, maybe get a little worked up, but always go away smiling.

Now in competitions.. like especially sports, or one group against another, I do get a bit fiery. I like to taunt my opponent in a very funny but fiery way. I like to see it yank their chain a bit, make them focus, make them try harder, but if I get the impression they are pushed too far, I drop it. In groups I do it as amost a fun motivating factor for my peers, and alone for fun.

This all goes out the door if my oponent has an advantage. Then I don't want them focusing, and give a very playful nonchalant demeanor.
    well, going around picking fights is more an unhealthy 8 thing. 8s most of the time just look like they're picking a fight because their communication style is very strong and choleric. healthy 8s like to get lots of feedback from people and often communicate this more directly than they intend to and it ends up turning into an interrogation (I HATE being interrogated so I've worked a lot on trying to tone this down). now, sometimes 8w7s will like to fuck with people a little (especially if they're social variant), but all in good fun. 8w9s are a different story. if you attempt to throw them off, you will be eliminated lol.

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

As 7w8.. are you fierceley independent? In that you'd jump on a plane by yourself to a place you've never been?
    In a word, yes.

To lose independence would be a fear of mine. Fun and adventure is my main aim, but independence is right up there. Just posted this in my blog, it was talking about anger but kinda relates to your question:

Quote Originally Posted by Kasper View Post
    I tend to show up as equally 7 and 9, I identify with 7 in totality while not all parts of 9 are relevant, after that I relate to 8.

For me my 8 wing is about motivation, personal determination and a massive desire for independence. My wing shows up in my being assertive, I'm not shy about speaking up where many others would smile and look uncomfortable, and it shows in my love of being in charge, I don't feel the need to make all the decisions but I don't like it when I don't feel as though I have some control over them. Like many 8s, I also need to be in control of my emotions, that includes anger.

I seek to avoid anger whenever I notice it rising, of course I experience it from time to time but I do not enjoy the negative feelings it brings so I do not allow it to linger. The 379 combo cannot stand negativity, I want productivity or positivity when something bad comes up, if anger motivates me to action because I don't want to experience any more negativity then great, it can be better than feeling blue because of that but at the end of the day I seek to avoid conflict if I can. If conflict comes to me however, I won't shrink.

Basically I relate more to E9s style of wanting to keep the peace but I have the assertiveness of my 8 wing.

MBTI
    HUMR
    Enneagram
    6 sx
    Socionics
    iNfp Ni

Do 4's mistype as 7's? Is it possible? I once read that 4's are almost an opposite of 7. 4's being pessimist, 7's being optomist.. When I look at my core, I know that adventure and fun is the root... but I swear that the next up is individualism. What is it *exactly* that makes a 7w4 impossible? I admit, I don't fully understand the theory... but for anyone that does... why do you HAVE to blend into the wing around you? What science or proof validates this? Or atleast what ideas are surrounding this?