User Tag List

First 123 Last

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Look into tri-type, it may be more relevant to you than looking at your wing. The wing is adjacent because that's how the system was designed, there is no science to any of it.

"While it is quite uncommon for Fours to mistype as Seven, it is not especially unusual for Sevens to initially mistype as Four. In addition, from an external point of view, more extroverted Fours, primarily those with the Three wing, can, in some settings, look like Sevens and artistic Sevens might resemble Fours. This is because both types can be creative, unconventional, attention seeking and even flamboyant in their presentation. Nevertheless, Fours are far less extroverted than Sevens who truly seek out people as a principle means of distraction. Fours are comfortable with their negative mental states, even sometimes choosing to inhabit them, whereas Sevens are in flight from pain. As a general rule, Sevens tend to overestimate the extent of their suffering and sadness because they find such mental states to be so threatening to their sense of self; they can therefore think of themselves as being more melancholic than they actually are. The melancholy of type Seven is primarily driven by anxiety however, whereas that of type Four has its roots in a feeling of worthlessness"
    source

MBTI
    HUMR
    Enneagram
    6 sx
    Socionics
    iNfp Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Huxley3112 View Post
    Type Seven= 72
    Type Five= 63
    Type Eight= 62
    Type Two= 56
    Type Three= 55
    Type Four= 53
    Type Six= 49
    Type Nine= 48
    Type One= 40
    "The Meaning of the Arrows (in brief)
    When moving in their Direction of Disintegration (stress), scattered Sevens suddenly become perfectionistic and critical at One. However, when moving in their Direction of Integration (growth), gluttonous, scattered Sevens become more focused and fascinated by life, like healthy Fives."

Its interesting to me that my next highest score is 5 and least highest 1. I wonder if this is indicative of me moving towards growth. Because if it is... let me say that growth has been REALLY PAINFUL!
    Man suffers only because he takes seriously what the gods made for fun - Watts

MBTI
    HUMR
    Enneagram
    6 sx
    Socionics
    iNfp Ni

With Kaspers clarification on 4's and 7's (Thankyou Kasper!) ..I am believing more and more that I am indeed a 7. I DEFINATELY do not enjoy sitting with pain. I can't bear negative mental states and will even sometimes go to extremes to avoid these. In the past, I've turned to partying nonstop with people- even people i don't really care for or trust, just to get out of my mind. I've resorted to excessive bar hopping, outrageous spending to the point that i'd reserve a hotel room in Vegas before paying my rent on time! (sick i know) I've passed up awesome job promotions to keep the flexability of doing whatever I want and to avoid stress and obligation, I've even pushed off ending incredibley bad relationships just so I am not left with compulsive thoughts of failure and what I should have done differently.

Now some things have happened in the last 2 years that have forced me to not be my typical, extravagant, adventuresome self. 1) I took a job with the airline (mentioned earlier) but it was a MASSIVE pay cut. I told myself that I could live on an extremely humble income in the name of traveling. What I didn't take into account is how much day to day FUN a higher income affords. Just simple things, like affording a latte every day, getting a massage once a month, getting my hair and nails done, shopping when I want, always having cash on hand to go to a concert, festival, art exhibit, etc. Giving up these things was/is TORTURE! But I continue to force myself to do it because every 2 months I can jaunt off to SanFran, or Portland, or Chicago. I question if its worth it ALOT. 2) To take the travel job I have to work from home (i do behind the scenes airline crap) .. some people would think its great (probably extreme introverts) but again I totally overlooked my need for PEOPLE. Oh how I miss BSing with people, hearing whats going on in their life, sharing my life, I even miss the work place DRAMA, and I never thougth i'd say that! 3) My SO bought a house about 2 hours away from the city I grew up in, so I'm stuck out in suburbia, as in no local music, few coffe shops, no neat little artistic stores, just Kohls and Applebees as far as the eye can see =( So now I rarely get to see friends AND there isn't shit to do in this town. Honestly, you can only see a movie and go to barnes and noble SO much. Finally.. I lost my DL! As in had it suspended for a YEAR for an array of traffic infractions (none of which were actual accidents). What is the point here? I have made decisions (yes i take full accountability) that i feel have left me really efen stagnant. ALL in the name of TRAVEL! Let me say this.. 3 months in I was fine, 6 months in I was getting pretty down, 9 months in a was practically MANIC and this carried on for a few months, with virtually NO WAY to avoid or distract myself. And ya, it did create growth. PAINFUL PAINFUL growth. I had no choice but to visit the darkest recesses of my mind. No choice but to sit with years and years of issues that I had never fully worked out and accepted because I kept myself so god dam distracted all the time. And suddenly, I started typing E/I border. and getting 3w4 and 4w3 results.

So ya, have I grown? Sure. I've worked through alot of stuff that I needed to work through. I almost wonder if some things in life are pre destined, and if this experience was all meant to be in some icky icky growth process.

I am really curious to know if any type 7's have had this type of "growth" placed upon them? Life circumstances that have deprived you of your normal flow? Did it permanently change you.. or do you find its circumstantial?
    Man suffers only because he takes seriously what the gods made for fun - Watts

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

All of that sounds pretty familiar to me, the reasoning behind the decisions you made that is. Painful situations when avoided can turn into major problems, even knowing this I'll often stick my fingers in my ears and sing out "la-la-laaa" in a loud voice because confronting a painful situation is the main thing in life I seek to avoid.

Luckily growing and being more responsible for that exceptionally irresponsible part of myself hasn't always taken things turning into a major problem, the discomfort of a situation that is getting worse by being avoided is also something I seek to avoid, however I am aware enough to know that confronting is the only way to make things improve at times so I'll get smart, slap myself some, and just deal with things.

Once a specific situation is improved I do not want it slipping again, that is once again pain avoidance, so I make sure it doesn't. I don't believe things are pre destined, but one thing I think is a 7 trait along with our optimism is seeing what positive things can be taken out of any situation, especially the painful ones.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Quote Originally Posted by brainheart View Post
    I can't imagine any extrovert would want to go somewhere alone, if they had the choice.
    Sure I would. In many ways, being alone gives you more freedom to act as you please, something which 7w8 consider of paramount importance.

Huxley, your self portrait hints towards ENFP-7w6.

I am really curious to know if any type 7's have had this type of "growth" placed upon them? Life circumstances that have deprived you of your normal flow? Did it permanently change you.. or do you find its circumstantial?
    I generally try hard to anticipate negative circumstances, even though it's not always easy. Most of my hobbies require a relatively small amount of money (cycling, mountain climbing, learning new languages), thus my cushion allows me some freedom when choosing what to do next.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    INFp

7w8s are softies who put on big faces. They like to stretch out toward their line-connected points, too. Expansiveness is key.

I like how they joke provocatively with people, even people they don't know. A gentle psych-out.
    4w3-8w9-6w5
    SP/SX (well-nigh SX/SP)
    INFJ (well-nigh INFP)

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Quote Originally Posted by Erskine L. Cole View Post
    7w8s are softies who put on big faces. They like to stretch out toward their line-connected points, too. Expansiveness is key.

I like how they joke provocatively with people, even people they don't know. A gentle psych-out.
    It's not a face, it's just for fun. We don't do it to change other people's perception of ourselves.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    INFp

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    We don't do it to change other people's perception of ourselves.
    That's the last reason I would suspect they would do it for.
    4w3-8w9-6w5
    SP/SX (well-nigh SX/SP)
    INFJ (well-nigh INFP)

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

k then
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    INFp

A fun face. A bit of provocativeness and an undertone of bravado with a double dose of good humor.

(Come on, that reads just like a horoscope, so how can you deny it? )
    4w3-8w9-6w5
    SP/SX (well-nigh SX/SP)
    INFJ (well-nigh INFP)